“Wonderful food, great service, a real gem”
Review of Esphahan

Esphahan
Ranked #12 of 328 Restaurants in Agra
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Efficent service without the usual Indian over servicing. Gentle live music providiing the ultimate evening.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I arrived in Agra today to see the Taj Mahal with my wife. Having heard and read reviews about how good the food was at Esphehan I quickly called up to make a booking. I was greeted by a friendly chap in bookings who after some explanation told me that he could not book a table for 9:30 at Esphehan but was able to accommodate a booking at 9:00 pm. That suited me fine after a long day of visiting the beautiful taj I called to confirm the cover charge for the night so that I would be able to withdraw enough Indian rupee. Only I was told that is had not booked at the restaurant instead I was told I had some how booked at some crappy continental restaurant called Bellevue.

After being told they were fully booked out and could not fix there mistake I was offered to order from the restaurant menu while I was seated at the Bellevue. This is just horrible service in my opinion and plain insulting I will be sure to let every one now what to expect from this hotel when they travel to India

2  Thank JabbaSa
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Not as oberoi other vilas. Not good test and service is not up to mark. Day and night difference between raj vilas food and amr vilas. Not worth to go again.

2  Thank rakeshbgandhi
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Nice restaurant, with live music and lots of dishes to choose. Very helpful staff. Do go. Unfortunately, no Taj view at night!!!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had dinner at Esphehan during our stay at Amarvilas. Must say that I had heard & read a lot about this restaurant but in reality it hardly matched up to all the hype. The atmosphere is brilliant - a live santoor performance happens every night. We were pushed towards ordering a thali despite feeble protests that we were not big eaters. It turned out that it was indeed too much food and unfortunately half of it was wasted. Honestly at around Rs2300+ taxes for a non veg thali, I expected the food, not just to be great but to have a wow factor and it did not meet my expectations. Apart from the fish curry which was lovely the rest of the dishes were most ordinary. I've tasted much finer Indian cuisine elsewhere at a fraction of the price so this one can be given a miss.

2  Thank DebbieGUK