“Excellent, but very pricey on Christmas Eve.”
Review of Esphahan

Esphahan
Ranked #12 of 282 Restaurants in Agra
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Wisconsin
“Excellent, but very pricey on Christmas Eve.”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Our family of ten had dinner at Esphehan on Christmas night. We had an excellent meal for considerably less than we would have on Christmas Eve, when there is entertainment and a lavish menu. Service was outstanding and the menu varied enough to accommodate a wide variety of tastes and ages.

Visited December 2012

USA
“Beautiful grounds, wonderful food”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The beautiful Oberoi Hotel was a wonderful place to go for a drink at sunset (alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks) The views of the Taj Mahal from the veranda were absolutely gorgeous. After having a drink we went to the Esphehan restaurant & enjoyed delicious Indian food. The food was a little spicy for me, but my friends love Indian food & said it was fabulous! I absolutely loved their desserts, I am a chocolate connoisseur & I would rate the dessert 5*!! If you are not staying at the Oberoi (as we were not because they were sold out) you must make reservations well ahead of time. I thought the price was quite reasonable for the level of restaurant this is.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank love-the-mountains
Leeds
“Fantastic Hotel with Amazing Views”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Oberoi at the end of our trip to India in December 2012. We had stayed in heritage hotels throughout the rest of our trip and so this one for us was going to be a very different style but we chose it for it's views of the Taj predominantly. We expected it to be good as the cost was relatively very high, but in fairness to this hotel it surpassed expectation in almost every way which is hard to acheive when rates are so high. Firstly, the room that we stayed in which was just one of the ordinary rooms was absolutely lovely and really was understated elegance but when we opened the door onto our balcony, we were really quite blown away that we could see the Taj so clearly and it looked magnificent.The hotel pool and grounds were really imaculate and the pool in particular was beautiful and it's surroundings felt very special. The staff in all areas of the hotel could not do enough to please but in a very unobtrusive way and we were looked after very well indeed. I had been ill for a few days before arriving at the Oberoi and got worse during my stay, the reception staff were fantastic and insisted that we kept our room all day until whenever we wanted to on our day of departure because they knew that I was ill, they were so nice to us and we cannot praise them enough. We ate in the Indian restaurant which was also excellent. Agra itself, does not have a lot to offer (Taj aside) and this is really the best way of experiencing a visit to the 'wonder !! All in all, we felt that this hotel was excellent value for money and really delivered on all counts - dont hesitate - BOOK IT !!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank milbster
Florence, Italy
“Best in Agra”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Beautiful Indian restaurant at the Oberoi. We had the Roghan Josh, a Kashmiri lamb dish that was mouthwatering!

Visited April 2012
HK
“Good service, delicious food”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Tandoori chicken was wonderful and the curries were just right. Don't bother about dessert though - way too sweet for my tooth!

Visited December 2012