“2nd time to visit Mr. Rajbansh!”

and 1 more site!
Garden Villa Homestay
Ranked #43 of 209 Agra B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The first time I went to Garden Villa was with my family and we had a really good experience so I came back with my husband. Mr. Rajbansh and his wife are always a treat as hosts. The first time I came to Agra I had terrible food poisoning and they took care of me like my own family. The care, comfort, and hospitality at this home stay is unmatched. I wouldn't imagine staying in another place. Mrs. Rajbansh is a great cook as well and each room has a nice theme an decor. In my experience it was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. Owner is lovely and speaks perfectly french. Ricksaw-driver Gudu is a very nice man. The rooms are clean and the breakfast (inclueded) is very good! Will definitely stay again at GardenVilla!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is a nice homestay in Agra. The most positive points are: very quite place (very welcome after long days of busy India), very clean, very friendly and helpfull staff, nice rooms with very nice bathroom.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We found this homestay on tripadvisor and before we got there, I was impressed by the communication by email to confirm everything. Our driver wasn't able to find it easily, but it was great that it was away from the hustle and bustle of Agra. The room was clean and quite large and the bathroom had an excellent shower! They accommodated us having breakfast earlier than normal so we could go to see the Taj Mahal early, which was awesome (and the food was great!). We also planned to have dinner there and we were able to sit with other guests and enjoy an amazing vegetarian meal. The family was great and provided really great service.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2012

After a busy day sightseeing in Agra, we retreated to Garden Villa Homestay. The room was clean and comfortable and the airconditioner kept as nice and cool in the Agra heat. Unfortunately the owners were away in Delhi, but their son was incredibly friendly and helpful. We had a very comfortable stay and a good night's sleep.

The next morning we were treated to a delicious breakfast.
I would definitely reccommend Garden Villa Homestay. It's also a great option if you have kids as there's a nice, small patch of lawn where they can run around and play in complete safety as it's fenced.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Coming back to Agra with a group this year we had no hesitation about where to stay. In 2011 we stayed at Garden Villa Homestay and we were happy to renew the experience this year. Our host Mr Rajbansh, with his family, has given us a very warm welcome and during each stay he was very helpful in all practical matters. The rooms are very comfortable and the house is quiet and well located in the southern part of Agra, not far from Taj Mahal. As we were bringing a french speaking group, it was an extra plus that our host speaks a fluent French and is a mine of cultural information. My wife and I highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in late April, 2012. Raj and his brother Jay were so welcoming and nice. The home is really beautiful, set on a quiet street in Agra yet only 15 mins' drive to the Taj Mahal. We drove from Delhi and arrived rather late (9pm) but Jay had a WONDERFUL meal cooked for us, it was unbelievable. Tired from the trip and hungry, we couldn't have asked for a warmer welcome and Jay is an outstanding cook. The rooms are very clean, have good A/C, good hot showers and are well-appointed. The garden is tended by Raj's wife and really beautiful (see my pics!). Agra was fantastic (one of our favorite spots in India) but the noise and chaos can be overwhelming at times if you're not used to it (and we live in Manhattan)... the Garden Villa was a real pleasure to come home to each day.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main house upstairs. Our room was called "Neem". Each room is named aft...