“Think twice and spend more money, it will be worth it.”
Review of Hotel Sidhartha

Hotel Sidhartha
Ranked #33 of 143 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I don't usually have a problem with hotels and to be fair I had my doubts and should have listened to my intuition not to stay. Unfortunately it totally ruined my experience in Agra which is not such a nice town. There will be those who disagree but I tell my friends if they want to see the Taj Mahal, fly in and out the same day, there's nothing else to see.

When we saw the sign in the lobby that says you can get your bucket of hot water there, we almost left. We slept with our clothes on, saw the Taj Mahal and left as soon as we could.

This hotel was just not for us, if your a backpacker, roughing it then this is your place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank kate104

Reviewed February 4, 2014

...the only good point, rooms were dirty, bed sheets were dirty.
Room was very cold and humid too, I slept with the jacket. Moreover bath tap was dropping and one hour per day there was no electricity...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 2, 2014

This hotel is located within the 100 metre car exclusion zone of the Taj Mahal, and is thus less than 5 minutes walk to the west gate.

Our room was nice although very, very cold. It did have wifi and hot water however. The restaurant in the hotel is quite cheap and the food is good.

The staff were amongst the most helpful we encountered in India and are what earned the hotel 4/5 rather than 3/5.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Raymond W
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Only stayed just one night and it was very cold in the room. Apart from that it was clean and spacious and I got wifi in my room which was an added bonus. The on site restaurant done a brilliant breakfast and the staff were plesant and friendly!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed here in January 2014 as part of a couple. We arrived in Agra after a day on the train and hadn't booked anywhere in advance. After more than an hour of walking around in the rain and being disappointed, we spoke to a traveller who recommended Sidartha. I found that my options in Agra were either really budget or expensive (maybe that's because of the area i was looking in - personal experience). The location of Sidartha near the west gate was a definite plus point.
Hotel SIdartha was a decent mid-range option, with comfortable size, clean rooms that had TV and a hot water shower (room was downstairs and had AC, although it was too cold for that!)
We ate at the garden cafe once and found it to be reasonable with good food.
My only issue with Sidartha was that the rooms were cold but next morning I asked for another blanket and was obliged, no problem. There were a few power cuts when we were there but i was told by many locals that was because of the heavy rain. Sidartha has a generator but that meant there wasn't always hot water.
Overall we had a comfortable stay and the staff were polite and helpful. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicolio2013
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Overall good hotel from saving point of view.Location was good. Hotel area was also good. Room was good according to density but I am not satisfy with room interior. Second thing if want service then you will have to call to your cell phone or else need go to reception.Not even hot water facility. If you can compromise with these facilities then you would like this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Very close to the gates in to the Taj Mahal, which is a plus. A nice roof terrace with a view of the TM, however the angry monkeys made it so we didn't use it.

But, our biggest issue was the incredibly cold room! The blankets, even though they looked warm, was no help whatsoever. The cold shortened our trip at the hotel, so we ended up staying only one night instead of two.

Hot water only available if you ask for it in the reception. Comes in a bucket.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple