“Overall good”

Hotel Royale Residency
Ranked #35 of 142 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed December 29, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night thankfully as the hotel was very noisy and with an early start to see the Taj this was very annoying. The hotel was quite simple but clean and staff were helpful. Outside of the hotel there is very little to do other than the main tourist sites so 1 day is more than enough here. Breakfast was ok, cereal, eggs and toast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed here one night with our tour group.
After arriving via the 6am train from Agra we headed directly to the Agra Fort. We checked into the hotel around noon for some rest before heading to the Taj. Well, the construction didn’t allow for any naps. We made spa treatments. My friend and I lucked out as we got the ladies to come in to give us a traditional Indian massages. Besides ending up in the same room (awkward) and some cell phone calls being taken, it was lovely. I can’t say much for some of the other tour members who got shafted on their appointments. Besides that, the staff was very nice, the hotel restaurant was convenient and the food was quite lovely. The rooms were super basic. Wifi was free in the lobby which was nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have been booking this Hotel for many of my friends and i am really happy with their fantastic service and wonderful rooms !! Rooms are big, neat and clean, Staff is polite and courteous.Food is really nice and tasty. I would recommend this hotel to everyone coming to Agra. Good rates too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank UnseenRajasthan
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I enjoyed every experience at this hotel, good food, prompt service, friendly staff.

If you are a foodie you'll love this hotel.

For those first timers (non-diabetics only) try the "Shahi Tukra", you'll love it. For all the diabetics there is a huge range of other options available.

Thanks and will visit again the next time I am in Agra.

Room Tip: Check the electrical units in your room, the ceiling fan was not working properly for us. In Decembe...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2012

we stayed in this hotel during our recent visit to agra.
location of the hotel is good and easy on main road .we stayed there for 2 nights in the family suite which has two seperate bed rooms with single door entry. but family suite rooms were small. ( infact when you say family it should be big ). there was place to keep luggage, small tea table . Two Bathrooms were big enough with bath tub in one of them. Rooms and Linen were clean. As i read in other peoples reveiws Fortunately that day no marraiges were there so it was quite calm . There is a construction of another hotel in progress but we were not disturbed .
Both the days the menu for the breakfast was exactly the same so it was boring. There were many for foreigners in the hotel so i guess it was more suitable for them. Food in the hotel was not so great and a bit expensive. Room service was good and staff cooperative.
on the first day geyser was not working but the complaint was attended quickly.

Room Tip: if you are a small family of four ( parents and kids) then go in for this family suite. otherwise i...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vsthakar
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Simply value for money!!! Staffs were very decent and professional.

My room AC was making some odd noise and on a single complaint they have changed my room. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and it was tasty and well priced.

Rooms were very clean and comfortable and service was quick.

I would like to thank reception staff in this forum as well. I forgot to collect my card after payment and reception was unable to reach me on my mobile. They somehow contacted my driver and informed me in a very decent way without making me panic. Thanks again!!!

Highly recommended!!!