All reviewstaj mahalclean hotelbuffet breakfastnight staywi fidecent hotelcouple of nightsmini barstayed here for nightsroom was largeroom service isnice staygolden triangle tourcomfortable roomsbooked this hotelindiawedding
Reviewed April 15, 2011

Rooms were very spacious and bathroom was swank clean but the staff told us a price when we called to book and quoted different one when we reached.

Finally we ended up paying 1k extra with no complimentary breakfast , their excuse was it depends on the package we take.

But good hotel nevertheless, we njoyed our stay

Room Tip: Be careful and confirm the Room Rate properly
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank peabhi
Reviewed March 28, 2011

We were fed up with being hassled, so after we arrived in Agra, and were met by a driver, we tended not to wander around outside the hotel on our own. There is a shopping mall with restaurants within easy walking distance, though. The first evening we arrived back after viewing the Taj at dusk, there was a wedding on at the hotel. Our tour guide, provided by our travel agent, told us that he had noticed a sign saying there was a wedding. We had to walk into the hotel through a guard of honour of drummers. The hotel was noisy with the wedding, so we sat downstairs and watched the excitement building outside, with the bridegroom arriving on horseback. They have a big piece of wasteground next to the hotel, and this is kitted out with food and drinks tables and a small stage when there is a wedding - which there was every night we stayed there. The breakfast in the morning is good, no sign of the wedding guests. There is a range of cereals, juice, sometimes porridge, and omelettes cooked to order. They encourage you to have all the fillings in the omelette, but one is chilis, so you have to take care. Staff are friendly, and greet you on the stairs and in corridors. Most people stay for one night, and they have touring coach groups. Disconcerted to find us not checking out each morning. When we finally did, they insisted on doing a room check before we could leave our room. I was a bit cross about this, it looked as though they thought we had raided the minibar. However, they didn't check the wardrobe, but while we were waiting for our driver, someone approached me with a paper bag containing my walking shoes, which I had left in the wardrobe. So I did see the point of the check. We had lunch in the hotel one day, a biriani which was very fierce indeed. I think we needed to eat in tourist restaurants which tone down the spice for westerners. This seemed very popular with local people, especially those arranging weddings.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carno
Reviewed March 15, 2011

We were looking for a reasonable cost hotel and settled on this one. We found this as per our expectations. The room was great and comfortable. The surrounding area was also nice to walk around. The location was actually good and you have many good restaurants and shops nearby. We took their package tour and it worked out good for...
we enjoy 4 days there
&
that was so remarkable moments in memories & never forgettable

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2011

for me it`s the second time in this hotel
the service is very good very frindly
the location is good because it´close to Taj mahal and agra fort. i llike it
Sepp Forcher Austria

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dastar
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Having read some of the mixed reviews I did consider changing our booking but I am so glad I didn't!
Really enjoyed my short stay here.
Room was beautiful and the king sized bed very comfortable,interior was superb...
Had Spa experiences and a fantastic massage with hot herbs.
Food was quite good but service were panic.
Buffet breakfast quite good.
There is a wedding that night....enjoyed INDIAN wedding..dance..!!
Over all its good..