“Pleasant Stay at this Hotel”

Tourists Rest House
Ranked #22 of 143 Hotels in Agra
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Stay at this Hotel”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This place is very clean and the rooms have nicely tiled floors. There is a lovely courtyard where good food is served to order. Staff are very helpful. I can recommend this accommodation whole-heartedly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Innsbruck, Austria
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I read a lot of nice comments about this hotel...
It was horrible. I arrived in the evening and my room (that I already payed) was given to other people, so I got a horrible small cold room, extremely dirty, with no hot water and with a broken sink (the tube was not going into the wall, so the water I was using to wash my hands was falling on my feet). I complained and the guy at the reception told me that if the room is bad is my fold because I booked on the internet (???) so I can not expect to get the room I have payed for and that the websites like trip advisor are not allowed to sell rooms (so, why did the hotel took money from my bank account and why was my name on the hotel reservation book??).
After a bad fight with the reception guy I was "upgraded" to a new room (after spending the first night in the cold horrible one), which was a bit better but terribly cold, again no hot water, dirty and with wet-moldy ceiling and walls.
The food at the hotel restaurant was disgusting.
I am really surprised that this hotel has nice comments on the lonely planet.

Room Tip: If you really want to go there, ask for a room with hot water and check if you really have hot water
1 Thank GioLa10

Travelers are raving about these Agra hotels

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights. We were in one of the mid-range prices, our room was very big, very clean (we even skipped our sleepingbag). Free Wifi, clean towels, the staff was quite helpful, booked train tickets for small commision. It has a lovely peaceful little garden. OK, the food is not amazing, but is well cheap and simple.

New Delhi
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We chose this hotel after reading all the positive reviews on tripadvisor, but were in for a very rude shock. The hotel is located just 3-4 kms from the railway station, but that's about it. I have no other good thing to say. The bedsheets, towels provided were dirty and stained and the bathroom was stinking. The food was awfully bland, not something that would suit Indian taste-buds. The staff, especially the owner, was shockingly rude at every given opportunity. But, I did notice a stark change in their behavior and attitude while dealing with foreign tourists. So, for all my fellow Indian travelers all I can say is that you get what you pay for!

All in all, the entire experience left a bitter taste in my mouth.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DevanikSaha
New Delhi, India
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Hi

I am also a travelagent and found this hotel quite good and absolutly 3 * .

Very Clean , quite place and 99% foreigners crowd.

The worst thing is food.. Not ment for indians at all.

If you are eating anything make sure add more "spice flavors" on it.

Many thanks

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We spent a long time looking for hotels in Agra, there are so many places to accomodate the massive influx of people visiting the Taj Mahal everyday that it's hard to find what's actually good.
This was a delightful place, the courtyard was really tranquil and had a very nice atmosphere. Our group had two rooms and both were excellent, it's not a 5 star hotel but everything was clean and working. The hotel staff were really cool and were even willing to drive me to the shop to get beer as most hotels in Agra don't have licences. At first we found the service for the food to be very slow but it was the same everywhere we went in India, and it was worth the wait as it's all made fresh and delicious!
Definitely give this place a chance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2012

After staying in a few disappointing hotels, the 'Tourist Rest House' was a sight for saw eyes! The friendly staff were helpful with all our queries and our stay was very relaxing. The leafy courtyard is a great place to get away from the busy Agra streets and have a Chai whist checking emails on the free WIFI. Hot showers, clean rooms and at a reasonable price! Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple