““Helpful staff,great place to stay.””

The Grand Imperial, Agra
Ranked #22 of 142 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We recently stayed at Hotel Grand Imperial, Agra and found the staff extremely helpful,professional and friendly. We loved the wall,ceiling paintings throughout the hotel, rooms are spacious. There was a good choice for breakfast and the evening meals and entertainment were great! Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank helen b
Grandimperial, General Manager at The Grand Imperial, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Hi,

PRANAM, from The Grand Imperial Agra !!
We are extremely delighted to read your comments and would like to thank you for having taken time out to post your review.

I am pleased to know that you had a good stay with us and you liked the facilities and our hotel.

Your positive feedback keeps us motivated and our endevaour is to ensure that we continue giving you our best.

We look forward to have you again with us.Once again along with all my associates we thank you for having stayed with us and look forward to your future stay.

Warm Regards,
Sandeep Chopra

Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is a lovely old hotel with beautifully kept grounds, especially the front lawn. We were upgraded to a suite which was a huge room with a four poster bed. The bathroom was very big to, and there was a lounge area which opened onto the back garden and swimming pool. The furnishings were old fashioned but nicely in keeping. The pool is nice, but the water was cold! The hotel is surprisingly quiet given its location.

The staff are friendly and helpful. We didn't eat in the restaurant. There is a small attractive bar, but only has a very limited selection of drinks - whisky, brandy and vodka but not much else.

Overall a very enjoyable stay and the hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

PRANAM, from The Grand Imperial Agra !!
Thank you so much for your patronage and support. We are indeed happy to know that you liked our hotel and our services and are satisfied with your stay with us.

We strive very hard to ensure that each and every guest who visits our hotel goes home with fond memories.

Warm Regards,
Sandeep Chopra

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed at the Grand Imperial for 3 nights having chosen it for its location and heritage. The hotel was really a bit of a letdown.We had paid extra for a deluxe room and it should have been better than it was. The front desk staff were friendly enough but as others have remarked quite vague when asked questions or in handling requests. We were given the end room on the ground floor and everything looked impressive with the gardens to the front, the historical facade and the sheltered passageway to the room. Then the reality hit when we entered the room. The room had not been dressed well, the walls had paint coming off them and worst of all was the bathroom. This could have been a beautiful room but sadly had not been modernised. The bath had a large crack round the plughole with parts of the fibreglass missing, the water flowed out and across the floor not down the drain, the shower screen was non existent as the one which had been on the wall was gone leaving only the fitting plates, there was no shower curtain, and the anti slip bath mat was old and quite disgusting. The bed was comfortable but the room was not. This was the only hotel we stayed in in India that didn't have an in-room safe for guests use. We asked if there was one to use and the front desk sent an old digital safe along to the room. This was light enough for the man to carry easily and so very easy for someone to walk off with if they broke into your room. Although digital the digital didn't work and had to be operated by a key instead. It was a relic from a distant time and utterly useless.
Outside the passageway had chairs which were to be used in the shade but the whole area was affected by nesting pidgeons which managed to drop their mess on the floor, chairs, and if you weren't careful, you. The staff mopped the mess occasionally but a lovely area was an unhygienic mess.
The dining room was okay but not as it appears in photos, it is quite dark and in need of a makeover. The breakfast fare is quite poor for choice, though the staff are keen to serve and be helpful.
The location is in the heart of Agra a fair distance from the Taj and on a very busy road. When we were there there was a lot of noise from from some religious festival, but the room was quite quiet.
To sum up, this hotel is trading on the fact that it is Heritage. It is a lovely old building, but neither the room, the food, or the facilities is up to the price asked by the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GrandImperial, Manager at The Grand Imperial, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2015

Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed here mid March of 2012.
We didn't notice that this is an heritage hotel particularly but it is nicely done up with brass plagues naming the large rooms which have traditional,furniture. I would call it quaint and appropriate for Agra and the Taj Mahal. The grassy inner courtyard is well seperated from the noise and grit of the street and there is large pool at the back which looks very inviting.
We ate in the restaurant one breakfast and there was only one other couple there so of course the service was attentive, and we thought there was a large variety of good food. They specially prepared dosa on request for us.
The street is noisy and busy and we did not venture out on our own. There is a large banquet hall close by which can get noisy so try to get a room close to the centre of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor and towards the centre are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at the grand imperial for one night. The hotel and grounds look amazing from the outside, the grassed area is ideal for a relaxing drink and they had a puppet show at night. The front desk personnel were friendly but a bit vague. The room was spacious but in dire need of an overhaul, bathroom was very old and tired as was the main room itself. The buffet breakfast was good but very limited on food choice for tourist. Overall the hotel was alright for an overnight stay but I would not want to stay any longer.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor with regards your recent visit at The Grand Imperial I was most concerned to read you comment and I can assure you it will be taken up with the team and put to good use in our endeavour to provide the highest standards of service to our guests; I apologize that you were disappointed on this occasion and I hope to be able to restore your faith in The Grand Imperial in the future. Warm Regards

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel is in a very good location. Hotel staff are very cooperative. Beds are very comfortable!! Appreciate the overall feel of comfort and their staff hospitality provided at 'The Grand Imperial Agra' . My family enjoyed the stay and thankful for this wonderful experience.
This was one of those experiences which you will always be fond of. Lovely place, refreshes a tired mind, and does not let you down either on the stay experience or on the food. My first choice in this city .

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank timeslover

Thank you for taking the time to share your review . It is my pleasure to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. The hotel offers uninterrupted view and beautiful garden from the lobby and the rooms. I am glad that you enjoyed all guest facilities during your stay. However, we believe that it is our people who are our greatest assets, as they endeavor to create personalized experiences for our guests which translate into memories for a lifeti me. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to welcome you back to stay with us

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I returned to Agra after three years, and to the Grand Imperial. Well..they added a lift, but service has declined considerably. The breakfast has less choices and lower quality. They contracted with an internet service that is expensive and extremely slow. I bought two hours - with two sign ins - and got disconnected after a couple of minutes. Had to go to the lobby to reconnect for a few more minutes, due to slowness the actual time I used was about 20 minutes. I complained to the front desk, and was told I would not be charged. Well, I was upon leaving the hotel, and I chose not to argue and just left. I regret I returned to this hotel, in fact, I asked for it based on previous stay, and trusted would be better. It is not !

Room Tip: If you are going to use the internet, most likely no room will be good. I was in the second room of...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple