“This is the 2nd Hotel part of our Golden Triangle Tour" by Go Heritage India Journeys Ltd”

The Grand Imperial, Agra
Ranked #20 of 143 Hotels in Agra
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a heritage hotel. The positive aspects of the resort: 1. Great service ; the staff take a lot of pride and dedication in serving their guests. 2. Rooms are huge and spacious. 3. The resort is nice and peaceful and location is good.
Furnitures in the Room gives the feel of a heritage property

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jum_dxb
GrandImperial, Manager at The Grand Imperial, Agra, responded to this review, February 6, 2015
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time out to write about your wonderful experience at The Grand Imperial. I'm glad that we succeeded in creating a memorable stay experience for you and am delighted by your kind acknowledgement of the same. Your positive comments are a great motivation for the team. Its an honor to be your preferred choice in Agra. We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back home soon. Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Arabic first
Johannesburg
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is a heritage hotel mirroring the architecture and culture that Agra was a part of.

The positive aspects of the resort:
1. Great service ; the staff take allot of pride and dedication in serving their guests.
2. Rooms are huge and spacious.
3. The resort is nice and peaceful and location is good.

Negative aspects of the resort:
1. Lacks in facilities ; swimming pool also very very small.
2. Rooms are a bit outdated especially the bathrooms , also if you are going to stay here in Winter it gets really really cold in Agra and the heating system employed by the resort is insufficient in my opinion , as I freezed my butt off!
3. The resort is also not very clean.

Overall I would suggest this hotel to any traveller who would want to goto Agra for a quick,simple stay ; not expecting anything really 'grand' from this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank OrientalTravels
Villers-la-Ville, Belgium
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here for 2-nights during our recent tour in India.
What a palace - especially in comparison with some of the other hotels we stayed in during our trip! A nice touch was having easy chairs outside one's bedroom, facing the garden where one could sit and enjoy a drink in tranquility.
I can't say much more than to say it was absolutely excellent and I would have no hesitation in re-visiting should the occasion arise and to highly recommend the hotel to those who might be visiting and staying in Agra.
Our triple room (the Emperor Shivaji Maharaj) was enormous with a small sitting room area, a huge bathroom and all very well appointed.
The pool was a nice size and in a well secluded 'walled garden' area.
The restaurant was very nice and our thanks go to the Manager and his assistant who looked after us so well on the two occasions we dined there and enjoyed the food.
The negative point? The serving of fruit in tiny dishes at breakfast was somewhat ridiculous, considering the richness and variety of fruit that exists in India! Saw absolutely millions of mangoes on sale during our drive(s) but never had any served in an hotel for breakfast!!! Why not? On both occasions when we purchased mangoes in a supermarket and on the roadside we paid less than €1 a kilo!!!
Would have loved to have stayed longer!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 6, 2012

WIth lush green grounds, a swimming pool, and large comfortable rooms, The Grand Imperial is a good choice in Agra. The rooms are furnished nicely, with everything you need, and once you've figured out how the air conditioning works it is quite comfortable. The restaurant has food that is average, and the service is quite slow. The staff, however, is friendly and strives to be helpful. We stayed one night, and everything was fine. No problems or issues.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Udine, Italy
Reviewed July 27, 2012

very dirty everywhere: elevator, rooms with a strong smell of humid, little animals, bath very ancient, restaurant with the noise of mosquitos, food no good, in a word "uncomfortable".We have spent there one night, after we have gone to the Radisson hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Agra hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2012

ok so this hotel is used to offering rooms for tourist`s that are going to see the Taj

i was there for 5 weeks, the hotel did everything to please me , they even ran a internet cable direct to my room so i could work n surf at good speed, the hotel is friendly , if you stay be sure to get one of the suites on the second floor , there very large and comfortable , i liked my stay there ,and will stay again they will even pack you your breakfast if running late for the office or site seeing
just ask
Steve

Room Tip: the suites are great with four poster beds , with a nice traditional feel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank liam p
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed here for 2 days in April 2012. The hotel looked majestic from outside, built on a grand scale. Lounge was big and beautiful,but I wondered why no guests were seen at 7PM. Went into the room and a musty smell, like that of a unclean Air conditioner, hit me. Went into the bathroom, and found out only hot water was running at the basin. It was 38 Degree Celcius at that time, and I , for sure, didint need HOT water!!!! Called up room service....never came in 45 minutes. I actually went down on my knees , under the sink, and found out that someone had closed the cold water faucet.... as it was leaking onto the floor!!! Great way to stop a leak! Didnt management know about this problem? Or they just wished it away?
The TV was a 21inch CRT TV of 1980 era with more of noise than of pictures. Switched it off in 1 minute!
Room space was average. Furniture were OLD ,needing polish. On switching ON the bed-stand light, the whole canopy with the CFL bulb and its holder fell down! Again, I found out that the canopy was precariously balanced on the BROKEN brass bulb holder. Again, didn't the management know this? Are'nt they supposed to check? What if i got electrocuted?
Food was just OK,as I was hungry after driving for 6 hours, otherwise I would have gone outside to find better grub. Expect nothing to eat after 11PM or so. if lucky you may get some stale and cold sandwich. Morning Breakfast was meager in variety, low in quality.
I got frustrated. Left by 9 or 10am next day. Drove back to Delhi.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kiddoctor-delhi
Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor with regards your recent visit at The Grand Imperial I was most concerned to read you comment and I can assure you it will be taken up with the team and put to good use in our endeavour to provide the highest standards of service to our guests; I apologize that you were disappointed on this occasion and I hope to be able to restore your faith in The Grand Imperial in the future. Warm Regards