“Nice hotel with nice managment..”
Review of Utkarsh Vilas

Utkarsh Vilas
Ranked #113 of 144 Hotels in Agra
New Delhi, India
“Nice hotel with nice managment..”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was in that hotel with my friends.. and that was very nice..
lobby was so good and clean... there staff was so good.. and friendly.. they are really giving a friendly treatment to the guest. that i expected,, and there owner she was really nice.. but i saw that all reviews that all opp. to me..
that was my really nice stayed in that hotel.. there location is good and its near by tajmahal..
and just opp. to that hotel.. shopping center is there, mc'donals also is there.. that was so nice.. and abut room service that was so quick .. i hope.. if i will get chance to go then i will really stay in that hotel..
thanks..

3 Thank priya_bhargava440

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Gurgaon
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel is small but clean. Lobby and restraunts are ok ok. Breakfast is not to great. Spread is good but taste is ok ok.
Room size is nice and rooms are cleans.
Its near to Taj mahal. Best part is that there is a mall right opposite the hotel.
I paid around 4500 for a night which seemed a lil over priced for the place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

3 Thank Abhinav S
india
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Lobby was ok, nothing great about it,
Good for a short stay. Got confirm booking for room 11-12 but when reached got 2 separate rooms 302 and 311. A mid size property averagely maintained..Would not recommend or a 3-5 or more days if one has to stay.
Food was average and expensive, staff not that courteous, rooms not maintained as per standards and are under lit, housekeeping is average.

• Stayed January 2013

Travelers are raving about these Agra hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Based on my reading and my experience, it is somewhat trickier to find a reasonably priced accommodation in Agra due to the overwhelming number of tourists who come here to see its world-famous leading attraction (the Taj Mahal). I had some qualms about staying here based on the reviews in TripAdvisor. Those qualms, unfortunately, were justified.
It appears the owners of this hotel have pretty much given up on trying to keep even the appearance of maintaining a modern, clean, up-to-date facility for independent travelers. The only other guests we saw there were in tour groups from Russia or Eastern Europe. Service was shoddy to nonexistent. There was no WiFi anywhere except on a seedy couch in the entrance area. The bedroom was rather spare, with little space to put things, and of doubtful cleanliness. The air conditioning and ventilation in the bedroom were spotty at best. The bathroom was beyond bad: it was pathetic. The shower barely worked, there was spotty hot water, and the toilet could not be flushed without the water gushing out like a fountain! Worst of all was the "restaurant" where we more or less had to eat breakfast, and where we made the mistake of having dinner on our first night in Agra. The food was poorly cooked, boring, and extremely limited. Although I can't swear to it, I am as certain as I can be that the extremely serious case of intestinal food poisoning which I contacted about 8 hours after leaving the place was the result of poorly cooked, runny eggs I consumed at our last breakfast at the hotel's restaurant.
Avoid this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rick049
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We got to the hotel after an unexpected 14+ hr bus drive from Varanasi - so the fact that they were able to get us the rooms before the regular check-in hours was much appreciated by the entire group.
Overall, it is a decent/average hotel - little run down, however, with everything a traveller needs. Plus that's where I had the best porridge in India ;) And given the recent cold waves, I much appreciated the little heater that was left in the room by the staff.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 21, 2013

As hoteliers, I went with my boss and team a few days ago and I cant describe how disappointing and bitter our stay was. After having a look through all of the negative reviews-we all still thought that it would be a SOMEWHAT decent place to stay. I doubt the owners or the staff even go through the numerous amount of bad feedback theyr previous guests have given-or maybe theyr just not bothered. Anyway, when we arrived there were NO SECURITY GAURDS at the gate(so much for the grand entrance theyv displayed in their photo section-hmph!) and ended up carrying our own luggage to our rooms (just for decency sake they could have asked "may we help you with your bags?) On entering our rooms, we were surprised to find that there were NO LATCHES from the inside of the door neither in the washroom-no toothpaste,no slippers,no soap NOTHING! We called room service and they said -bathroom amenities are not available and we all were like-HUH??!!!! My boss seeked for an upgrade but they refused saying that they have only one type of rooms to offer. The tapestries were torn, the water was ALWAYS freezing cold (imagine bathing in ice water during peak winters) We somehow made the night through (thank god for the Mcdonalds across the road-as they served us cold snacks and cold dinner) The next morning my Boss told the duty manager that we will be checking out by 12 (they had this awkward check out time of 11:00am whereas as a normal practice the normal checkout time is 12:00pm) the duty manager shamelessly turned around,made a face and said -12:00 means 12:00-1 minute extra and you will be charged. I personally at this point felt that he is in the wrong industry and should be taken to task for talking with guests in that tone and especially after the horrible breakfast that was served -boiled carrots-tomatoes and potatoes and smelly eggs.The hotel was void of politeness,courtesy and smiles which is mandatory in the field of hospitality. All of the services were pathetic. Dont go by the pictures that have been put as display of the property-the rooms,restaurant and lifts were a disaster. All in all -even if your THINKING of staying at Utkarsh Vilas-NOTHING DOING!

Room Tip: Tip to Travellers? Dont go there!
1 Thank MLaroia
Delhi
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I wouldn't be this harsh reviewing the Utkarsh Vilas but unfortunately the staff and hotel management left me with no choice! I had booked 2 rooms for the night and had received a confirmation email. We drove to Agra from Delhi and went straight to look at the local sights. When we got to our hotel at 6 pm, our greeting went along the following lines: 'I am afraid you don't have a booking anymore with us. We waited till half hour ago and you didn't show up so we gave the room to someone else'. Ironically, there was no mention of such a time frame in the email, nor were we warned or called or emailed about it thereafter. We were basically left stranded with no hotel rooms. When I confronted the hotel manager about the mishap he said it was my fault?! Not only did they offer to accommodate us but they also asked us to find our own alternative. When I showed them the email they had sent me and my booking confirmation response, they claimed they never received it! What's more frustrating is that the receptionist had prior to this statement said we had your booking and cancelled it as no show?! I demanded to speak to their owner, when I called him, he started yelling at me!

Coming to a foreign land is not easy, what's worse is after a long trip you want your day to end well. Ours didn't! Our moods changed, we missed the sound and light show at Agra Fort and wasted our time trying to knock sense to a management that doesn't know how to run a hotel they claim is really posh.

Their rooms may be good (I never got to see them!) but handling their guests was an absolute disaster! If a higher price can mean they can unbook you, then think twice about staying at this hotel.

3 Thank MN2007