Hotel Atithi, Agra
  • Room Service
Very Good 4/5
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewscosta coffee and pizza hutbudget hotelhot waterin house restauranttaj mahalhotel is locatedcomfortable hotelstayed here for nightscommodekmsforeignersauto
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed here with my wife last month. The Hotel is neat & clean & is very close to Taj Mahal. The rooms were okay, washroom was clean, but, I found the T.v, A.c & bath room fittings to be very old, but they were in working condition. you need to carry a room freshener & use it every time you use the Air Conditioner to counter the foul smell. The Hotel's staff needs to take some serious lessons on courtesy. No one wished me during check-in or check - out or during my entire stay at the hotel. if not anything, they can wear a smile on their face which costs nothing, they made me feel as if was an unwanted Indian Guest who would stay with them for a day & move on. I usually travel a lot & have stayed at hotels worldwide but have never faced this kind of attitude problem with any hotel. I liked the breakfast spread & it was the only part I liked about my stay at Atithi.

Room Tip: Wifi is not complementary, Its charged separately.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank omer1825
HOTELATITHIAG, General Manager at Hotel Atithi, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Sir , We Have noted your comments & we have serious concern with regard this , we shall try to match your needs.

thanks for your nice stay with us .

thanking you & have a good Day .

See You Again .

Rakesh Sharma

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I visited Agra on 31-March-2013 and stayed there for 1 night. The first feeling which came in my mind after seeing the rooms (I booked 3 rooms) was "OMG!! I have sent too much for these rooms". Rooms seems too congested and had very foul smell. There was no remote to control A.C., only 1 TV was working fine. Fridge were not working. Some toiletry items were not provided (like only 1 room had shampoo but no shower cap was there in that toilet).
Staff there is totally unprofessional and seems that customers are NOTHING for them.
Though it's a 3 Star hotel but there services were worst than a 2 Star hotel.
Over all: It's not worthy if you want a pleasant stay. Just OK if you want to spend a night only.

Room Tip: stay there only if you have no other choice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Arvind K
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had a pleasant experience here. Good service. Rooms were clean and room service was on point. The hotel is relatively near the Taj Mahal and Pizza Hut is within walking distance. Would recommend for a budget traveller.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This hotel was booked for me as a budget bouique hotel. Personally I just do not believe it is good value for money. It is clean and the staff are reasonable friendly and helpful. However ....
My room was dark, unless I opened the curtains which faced directly onto another building over the street. The breakfast is served in a huge bare room in the basement with no natural light and due to a total lack of other guests, no buffet was available and the choice from the menu was not great, when the buffet returned on my last morning it was uninteresting and had been sitting around forever. Wifi was sporadic even in the reception area. The BIG plus for this hotel was the Costa coffee just round the corner. I was there in winter so did not use the pool, which was not a place I'd want to sit at to relax and cool off in summer, as it's surrounded by other buildings. I'm sure with a little extra searching you could find a better value hotel.

Room Tip: I'm sure with a little extra searching you could find a better value hotel. Ask to see room before making a final decission.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had booked this hotel in Agra through Make my Trip after going through several reviews of different hotels.
We had stayed in a superior room and we were 3 adults. Rooms are very spacious and it did not looked clumsy even after adding an extra bed.
Room was clean and towels and bed linens were clean enough for Indian standard.
Taj Mahal west end gate is about 2-2.5 km from this hotel.We had a car with us and there was no problem approaching Taj west gate parking.
But cycle rickshaw and other mode of transport is also available.
I have noticed close circuit camera in my corridor. But i have no idea whether they were operational or not.
They have a decent parking place in case you are travelling in your own car.
Morning break fast was complementary and they had an array of options at least for Indian standard. I also noticed many foreigners were also having their break fast with us and does not looked unhappy.
Positioning of toilet seat is unusual in India. It is definitely at a good height good for 6 ft plus people.
Over all i will recommend this hotel to others if they are looking for a overnight or couple of days stay in Agra.

Room Tip: Choose a superior room which will be very comfortable for a couple and even extra bed is required.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family