“Go somewhere else”
Review of Amar Yatri Niwas

Amar Yatri Niwas
Ranked #49 of 143 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Our taxi driver took us to this "top end" hotel. One of bell boys followed me around all day asking for a tip after he forcibly took my bag from my hands and carried it up one flight of stairs. The front desk wasn't able to give me any accurate information about local places to eat, or relay messages our driver left for us.

The last day I paid 100 rupees for their insanely overpriced internet for 1 hour. I spent an hour and was able to open 1 website. I complained and asked for my money back or more time. The management refused to give me a refund and wouldn't give me more time either. If you expect any kind of customer service, go somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank puck229

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a good gtel at a very affordable price. The location of this hotel is superb. You have all the market, Taj and Agra fort nearby. Htel service is good nad hotel is clean. Restaurant at hotel is overcharging.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Abhijit S
Reviewed March 27, 2013

It was very nice experience while staying at Amar Yatri Niwas. This hotel is located very near to Tajmahal as well as Agra Fort Railway station. It has clean AC room. Room services are very good. But food are very costly. Can you believe breakfast price is Rs. 178 for one person?? I think It should be of less than 100 Rupees.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Abdur R
Reviewed March 11, 2013

It was good experience with u and u r commitment whatever u show it was same as real.
can u do me a favour, we have left out shoes in hotel in room no213 //214 can u ask them to send to my Delhi address they have my address by name of dheeraj Takwal
Thanks if u can do it

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dheeraj T
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Not a great hotel. We saw many rooms before choosing the "right" one, not too clean, the room was like a trap, it was impossible to open a window and, after the shower, the humidity was like in the amazon forest. The porters are very aggressive (tips!) and the breakfast poor.
Not the best choice in Agra

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gianni F
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in hostels, budget hotels and motels across Asia but Awas Yatri Niwas really takes the cake. First 2 ppl saw me into the room, 1 guy to bring my baggage and the other to just show me around the tiny room. The pillow cases weren't even on. And they both waited for me to tip them each. Regretted that.

The bathroom was not properly well maintained but serviceable but the bedroom was the worst.

Loud noises from the road is heard throughout the night and that quietens down near 10pm but then about 12 a party of some sort started outside and was loud as hell. Then the beds were incredibly dirty and I had to layer blankets and towel on top before I could get to sleep without my skin getting further irritated through my long sleeve pajamas!

Breakfast was pitiful. Budget hotel and in this case really you get what you pay for. I will suggest bringing your own sleeping bag if staying in this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Jaresh
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I would like to say that the hotel is a Cheat !!!. I approached them directly and asked for a superior room . They showed me both superior and standard room. THe superiro room was way better , howevwer their prices were very high as comapred to Cleartrip. I booked two superior rooms for my family through cleartrip in next 30 mins and this was at 8:30 pm in the night. When I came back showing my confirmed bookings on cleartrip they tell me the earlier type of superior room has just been taken by someone. They show me a different superior room. However it was nothing but a standard room and very different from the one shown to me earlier when I directly appraoched the Hotel. THey said that all the superior rooms are booked and only the inferiror ones (which they claim to be superior ones are avialble). They were not ready to listen to my case and I along with my family felt cheated and stranded , tired from day's travelling.
Luckily cleartrip guys called up the hotel to confirm my booking . I happen to notice that and I spoke with the Cleartrip personel ( by the name of Raghav - thanks to him )on the phone explaining my case. He helped me and after much persuasion I finally got the same superior room that was shown to me in the beginning by the hotel.

Thanks Cleartrip for helping me out and ensuring I get the right room. However I felt cheated by the way the staff of Amar Yatri Niwas handled my situation . I expected more from them and it was simply uncouteous and Un professional attitude.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family