All reviewscosta coffeebudget hotelac worked welltaj mahalagra fortwalking distancerooms are spaciousoperativekm
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I would like to say that the hotel is a Cheat !!!. I approached them directly and asked for a superior room . They showed me both superior and standard room. THe superiro room was way better , howevwer their prices were very high as comapred to Cleartrip. I booked two superior rooms for my family through cleartrip in next 30 mins and this was at 8:30 pm in the night. When I came back showing my confirmed bookings on cleartrip they tell me the earlier type of superior room has just been taken by someone. They show me a different superior room. However it was nothing but a standard room and very different from the one shown to me earlier when I directly appraoched the Hotel. THey said that all the superior rooms are booked and only the inferiror ones (which they claim to be superior ones are avialble). They were not ready to listen to my case and I along with my family felt cheated and stranded , tired from day's travelling.
Luckily cleartrip guys called up the hotel to confirm my booking . I happen to notice that and I spoke with the Cleartrip personel ( by the name of Raghav - thanks to him )on the phone explaining my case. He helped me and after much persuasion I finally got the same superior room that was shown to me in the beginning by the hotel.

Thanks Cleartrip for helping me out and ensuring I get the right room. However I felt cheated by the way the staff of Amar Yatri Niwas handled my situation . I expected more from them and it was simply uncouteous and Un professional attitude.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Pratik A
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had checked the positive reviews on tripadvisor and booked 4 superior rooms for December'12 end in August '12 itself and paid the advance as desired by them. I even got a confirmation email and id from Mr.Naresh Kumar.Mr.Kumar even called to confirm my trip two days before my arrival and since my train was late I was in touch with him just two hours prior to my arrival. Since we were a group of 12 which included 5 kids so I was being careful.But to my shock when I reached the hotel at about 10.30 pm I was greeted by the Manager Md.Zia Uddin who seemed uninterested and bluntly told me that there were no rooms available and when I told him that I have the confirmation he bluntly told me that it was handled by Naresh. When I told him that I was dealing with the hotel he refused to listen and when I called Naresh he requested me that I spend tonight in another hotel. I was furious that it was almost 11 pm at night and I had to stand with ladies and children bearing his non sense and even when I had a talk with him two hours back it was fine. He continued requesting telling me that he will upgrade me tomorrow. Already tired by the delay in the train I agreed to look at the new hotel.It was worst hotel I had ever seen, wall were damp and staff were all drunk. I refused to stay in the new place.Seeing our plight our car driver suggested we go to their nearby 3 star property Amar hotel where the owner sits. We went there and really created a scene there in front of foreigners to which the GM came out and assured us that he will look into it and he provided us with 4 standard rooms against our booked superior rooms.Next morning we were put up into superior rooms to which Mr.Naresh Kumar claimed that he had upgraded us to Mughal rooms. The picture was of Mughal rooms on their web site clearly showed that there was no upgrade.Even then our ordeal was not over , while settling the bill he charged for 2 extra beds to which I told him that it was agreed that he will charge Rs.200 as breakfast for the number of extra beds taken. He told that it was 4 persons to which I showed him his email but still he charged for 4 persons and also charged for superior rooms for day one when we were put up in standard rooms.The food too was expensive and they were going all out to fleece everyone.Such arrogance and unwillingness to listen or to serve customers is shocking .Mr.Naresh Kumar is the worst man you could ever come across , absolutely shameless.Instead of charging less or even waiving off first days charge he did not reduce anything.I was so frustrated by his attitude that I decided not to argue as there was no point in front of such a bull headed person.Just go to this place at your own peril and pray that you get what you were promised.We stayed there for two nights 29th December & 30th December 2012.

Room Tip: pray to god that at least you get your reserved rfoom and don't get an experience like me.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank vivek69
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here for one night while in Agra to see Taj Mahal. The hotel is only about a 10 minute ride to the Taj Mahal. My room was clean and well heated. The bed was firm like most of Asia. There was shampoo in the bathroom, and the hot water was good after purging all the cold water out of the pipe. The hotel had pay WiFi which I did not use. Like the rest of India, this hotel is noisy so bring ear plugs. The breakfast was marginal and consisted of a small buffet of mostly Indian items. However, they will cook you some eggs if requested. There is a pizza hut and coffee shop next door if you want to eat close by.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This hotel is located in midst of the market area in tourist complex area of Agra, with everything of need available within walking distance. Costa coffee is located in same complex so it makes this place more lively. Hotel interior are good and rooms are also comfirtable.Staff is friendly and helpful. It's a perfect 3 star hotel in the reasonable price they charge. I would definitely like to stay in this hotel in my next stay.

Room Tip: ask for a room on top floor as it's newly renovated.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Pretty average to poor with flashes of goodness. Tea was horrible, so we're the bathroom towels. Service lacks warmth & is poor at best. A good budget stay for a night close to taj mahal & that's it. Eat meals out

• Stayed: December 2012