“A worst stay !!!!”

Ranked #104 of 145 Hotels in Agra
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“A worst stay !!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I booked two double room for the 27th and 28th day of Oct.... I should say, the hotel is one of the worst one I stayed in my trips. The staff are totally unprofessional. They even demanded certain amount as tips. Food was scrap, filty restaurant, and it seems the waiters have not taken bath for days...I will not recommend any one stay in this hotel.

1 Thank Sheriff E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Located 500m from Agra Cantt station. I have stayed here before so I knew what I was coming back to. Reservation Manager was very helpful and negotiated a good price which I could not resist. As a hotel, if you want to come back to a clean and a good place to spend your night I would yes this is the place. If you after some luxury, like spa, sauna and stuff then you are knocking at the wrong door.

Overall good location to catch early morning trains to Delhi. My rates included the breakfast which had some Indian dishes to choose from. If you cannot handle Indian food, then you will have to look for some other hotel.

Room Tip: Always ask the Reception to provide the corner room, as you would have direct access to stairs!!!
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Hmm......from where should I start. I visited Agra on Oct 28, 2012 to attend a Marriage in Grand Hotel itself. To avoid any inconvenience I booked a Deluxe Room for my Family (Wife and Daughter) in Grand Hotel itself. I informed the Hotel 1 day in advance that I will reach around 12 Noon and I reached there about 12:10 PM. Even after that I have to wait for 35 Minutes to get the Room. The person on Reception told me that it was the best Room, but the Room was not best at all. I got 2 Single bed, instead of a Double Bed. Staff was so unprofessional that they will not leave the Room till the time you will not pay the tip, as this the only way of their income and they are not getting any pay from Hotel. Every time I called for Room Service, I have to follow up to get someone for service. Even in the night when I attend the Marriage, the food was not good at all, the service in the Marriage was Terrible. The hotel was not even ready to put extra Tissues. Even for extra tissues we have to argue with Hotel Staff. In total it is aviodable to stay in this hotel. I would have calimed a refund if possible..........

Room Tip: "Room on the Lawn side are good"
1 Thank Amit_Dhal

Travelers are raving about these Agra hotels

New Delhi, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Even though the property is sprawling and may have lived up to its name at one point, today it is in a pathetic state of affairs. It seemed to us that the staff is quite underpaid. They expect tips constantly and the service is poor unless you have someone who is taking care of your specially in expectation of a tip. The rooms are big and clean - that is one good thing. The corridors were dirty, the decor at the desk, restaurant, etc., was crumbling and not maintained well, the business centre internet didn't work and the breakfast and other meals below average. If the management paid the workers more, we could expect this hotel to truly become grand but right now it is not at all good.

Room Tip: Stay away from the outside corridors or you'll bothered with people walking and talking across i...
Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Familyvacations_12
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

From where should I start.. Everything was so unprofessional about this hotel.. worst staff...full of mosquitoes in night... Hotel didn't allowed my guest to come to my room and asked me to meet him in lobby... they said 'Since you took room for single person so only single person can go in room'.. and when argued they said 'Okay we can allow your guest to go to your room but for max duration of an hour only'... one more thing when I asked them to send their Manager to the room, they replied he wont come to room and If I want to talk to him I can come down to reception...

Regarding Food : It was very costlier.. for ex A Bisleri water bottle which costs Rs. 15 outside will cost you Rs. 72 here... Breakfast menu consisted of Breads with Jam/Butter, Poori sabji, vada samber, juice, omelet and tea.

Room Tip: Travelers can opt for Howard
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Girisheaven
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

The rooms were tidy. That is all we were looking for in Agra because we were not going to spend too much time in the hotel anyway. Hotel Grand is in the Agra cantonment area that is not too cluttered with hotels, and, is greener than other areas. There are local markets in close vicinity that cater to basic daily needs.

The breakfast was lavish, yet decent.

The deal we got online made it a comfortable, budget stay for us.

Tip: Your personal cars would probably have to be parked outside the hotel because most of the parking space is occupied by the hotel owner's cars, whose house entrance is from inside the hotel. If the hotel is packed, guests are asked to get off outside because there is no space for cars to drive through to drop the guests. This was the only disappointment.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank D G
Gurgaon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Grand is located in Agra Cantt, barely 7 KMs from Agra Fort and approx 6 KMs from the Taj.
I stayed there for a night with my wife and had opted for a deluxe room. For me it was fine, but I guess she didn't like the hotel much!!!!

The rooms are spacious, bed is big and comfortable. However, please check the bathroom before you finalize the room (if you have the opportunity to do so) and then check in.
We changed our room because of the dirty bathroom... Do check for the fresh towels, toilet paper etc.

Room service is average, and think twice before offering any tips to bell boy, or room service attendant.

The menu is regular, and food items are little over priced, would suggest go to "Baluganj" area and eat at any of the restaurant.

One important thing for people who are driving on their own vehicles from Delhi/ NCR, the parking may become a little hassle, as the property can accommodate around 12-15 cars only, and rest have to be parked in the empty ground in front of the hotel. Though the staff say, there is a guard deployed for vehicle safety, but one has to be careful... So think about this as well before booking here.

Breakfast was average, for a 3 three star property. I've had better breakfast at small hotels.

I had to chose this hotel as I could not get a room anywhere on short notice... Guess you got the point!!!!

Happy travelling.

Cheers
Himanshu

Room Tip: Chose a room on first floor, as there is renovation work going on at ground floor, which would take...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple