We stayed at this property in the month of April 2014 for couple of nights on the suggestion of our tour planner and I must say it was a brilliant choice. Of course were positives and the negatives which i have detailed below....
The positives first... It had everything as one would expect on a leisure vacation... a super swift check in (120 seconds and we were on the way to our room).... a spic and span room... a comfortable bed to relax and rejuvenate... courteous staff.... The courteousness of the staff was the highlight of the stay with them accommodating all my requests with a smile.... the location is also brilliant considering its proximity to the main city and the majestic marble wonder.
The negatives... Considering the quality of the Hotel one would naturally expect the F&B to be as good.. Unfortunately, it was a major let down. We were booked on the MAPAI package which included the breakfast and one major meal... however we just had one meal and could not gather the courage to try out another one. The food was bland and tasteless.... so was the breakfast even though there was variety. I jokingly asked my wife which was the best item on the menu... she said "undoubtedly the curd"... this is sad considering the overall hotel experience.
Other than that it was a supremely comfortable stay .. if we ever happen to visit the city again... The Taj Vilas would be my choice barring the food unless their chef changes.... I would have rated the Hotel a hands down 5/5 if it were not for the food.
1. Pind Baluchi... KFC.... McDee in the vicinity for food options....
2. make sure trips to the atm are post dinner since it would suffice for a 2km nightwalk too (to the nearest atm... if working... if not another 2).
3. Request for a room on the higher floors to avoid the thumping music from the banquet hall in the basement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Taj Vilas with an elegant decor. We serve Indian, Chinese, Continental, Mughlai dishes. "Experience the real cafe" set in a contemporary ambiance with a combination of buffet and live cooking complemented by the delicacies our chefs conjure. The business traveler experiences splendid offerings in unique and indulgent surroundings where the gentle breeze stimulating their senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel The Taj Vilas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.