“Virtually perfect.”

Daawat-e-Nawab
Ranked #32 of 276 Restaurants in Agra
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Daawat-e-Nawab is our special offering to all our guests, and is one of its kind; first time in the region. The special service-ware designed skillfully and created on Kansa (bell metal) which is known for its noble qualities towards human health. The unique shapes and forms complement the equally special food.The unlimited style of service brings alive the special hospitality and opulence of royalty. The specially designed six course menu explores all the aspects of Indian dining style and appetite. Our separate Vegetarian and Non-vegetarian live kitchen prepares and serves food separately and is the first ever attempt in the city to completely segregate both from each other at origin.This restaurant would change its offerings on the menu every month and continue to deliver variety with excellence at a great value for money. We are sure that Dawaat–e–Nawab will be successful in creating a new dimension in dining for this great city of Love!
Manila, Philippines
“Virtually perfect.”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Daawat-e-Nawab is in the excellent Radisson Blu in Agra, which I will be reviewing separately.

Agra is a rough city--anyone who visits will see the poverty. It is a city surrounded by farmland, and we saw lots and lots of wheat and rapeseed (I believe) for oil production. The city itself is extremely old, but also extremely rundown, and the locals, like in any tourist town, are looking to make a buck off the tourist trade and see people come and go every day. Outside the confines of your hotel it is a veritable madhouse, and people tried to overcharge us on everything we tried to purchase, and not just touristy souvenirs!

Daawat-e-Nawab is a gem of a restaurant. While not cheap by Indian standards, it is also well above Indian standards in every way.

Many hotel guests will only try the cafe in the hotel, since a lot of packages include buffet meals at the cafe. D-e-N was nowhere near at capacity on the three nights we stayed at the hotel, and on the last night of our stay, we were only the second table of the entire night. I doubt anyone else came in after us--a shame considering how excellent this restaurant is.

The 'Nawab' at the restaurant is a well-traveled and knowledgeable guy who is an Agra local. He has spent seventeen years of his life serving as a tour guide in the city. No hard sell for his services, although tips are definitely appreciated for his entertainment. Taanvir is a good guy and knows when guests have had enough, and will give you your space. I was very surprised when I saw him coming out of the kitchen as I had no idea the restaurant had a host!

The decor is fabulous. Brass (bronze) plates, bowls and glasses are used for every course, and they are polished with Pithambri. I couldn't find out what the constituents of this domestic brass polish are, but it is supposed to be non-toxic and reading about the company that produces it was interesting; a regular Hindustani success story!

Now on to the food. The restaurant has a small a-la-carte menu as well as two kinds of 'Daawat' (invitation) menus where you are offered samplers of many of the restaurant's finest offerings. You also get to ask for more of whatever you like. This can take a while, however, as everything is prepared to order.

From speaking to one of the waiters, it appears the restaurant sources its ingredients locally. I'm not sure if the meat is locally sourced too, but it was the best quality meat I've had in India if it was indeed from local farms. Everything was cooked just right and the chef is definitely doing her job correctly since we were more than satisfied with everything we tried.

On my second night I decided to go a-la-carte as the seekh kababs (a life-long favorite of mine) were not available on the set menu. They were amazing and I've never seen them studded with green bell pepper before.

I originally thought D-e-T used traditional Mughal recipes, but from the e-mail I just received from them asking me to review them on TripAdvisor (!), it appears some creative changes have been made to the dishes and the restaurant is experimenting with new (but classic) flavors. Perhaps the menu could point out the classic, unaltered dishes as I'd love to try classic Mughal cuisine.

I would suggest any visitor to Agra try D-e-T if they can afford it and fit it in. By international standards it is very reasonably priced and the finest Mughal dining experience I've ever had. My sister said she'd drive in from Delhi the next time she was there just to eat at D-e-T, and I have to say I'd do the same myself! There are still a lot of sights (and sites) in Agra that I haven't been able to visit yet, but I'll be back.

While I haven't tried many restaurants in Agra, I have eaten at thousands of establishments around the world, and I think D-e-T is likely to be one of the best dining options in the city, at least in its price range. Hats off to Radisson Blu and D-e-T for running a very tight ship!

• Visited January 2014
Daawat-e-Nawab, Manager at Daawat-e-Nawab, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Aadaab!

Thank you for choosing Daawat - e- Nawab at Radisson & giving us the opportunity to serve you.

We are extremely delighted to receive such a positive and heartwarming feedback from your end.

It's customers like you who keep giving us the positive feedback which definitely gives our team members the thrust to perform even better.

On behalf of our entire staff here at Daawat -e- Nawab team we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again with us.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really good hospitality”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We were tired and indecisive about dinner as we have reached the same evening to the hotel. As we were strolling through the hotel, we came across this restaurant. Checked out the menu and were a bit overwhelmed by the choices. A wonderful, warm and friendly king (gentlemen dressed like one) came and started talking to us. He was really polite and helped us in taking the decision to go for a fixed meal menu or a-la-carte.
Overall it was a great experience as the ambience was good and the service was excellent.
Last but not the least, the food tasted awesome and its not high on the pocket as well.

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We enjoyed the evening immensely, the food was undoubtedly the finest Indian food we had ever tasted and would love to be able to eat there again.We must add,that the reason for eating at your restaurant was the friendly attitude of the host, Nawab, who encouraged us to try the experience and indeed kept us amused whilst sampling your culinary delights. The best evening of our holiday!

1 Thank Marlyn O

Tel Aviv, Israel
“Let the nawab phrase the magic of indian flavor.”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

On the last day of our footwear exhibition in Agra. We decided to try something new. we found the perfect place for an Exotic indian dinner with an unforgettable imperial host personalized by Mr.Nawab.
A rare mixture of wonderful indian cousine mixed with amusing indian tales and historical anecdotes of great india. Mr. Nawab a real storyteller and dinner just unforgettable.

1 Thank abe s

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful Surprise”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

After a long day of sightseeing, we were tired and indecisive about dinner. As we were strolling thru the hotel, we came across this restaurant. Checked out the menu and were a bit overwhelmed by the choices. A wonderful, warm and friendly king (gentlemen dressed like one) came and started talking to us. We was so honest and genuine that we decided to walk in his restaurant and give it a try and boy we didn't regret it at all! We were served like kings! In exquisite plates and glasses. The food was warm and delicious! One after the other we ate a nine course meal and it was amazing!

It's costly to eat there but it is money well spent. You will not regret it!

Visited October 2013