“Satisfied with Purchase and Service”
Review of Marble Cottage

Marble Cottage
Ranked #3 of 11 Museums in Agra
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Marble Cottage a small Demonstration Factory cum Retail Shopping Mall in Agra India Just few Minute Drive By Car From Taj Mahal Gate. Marble Cottage was Established in Agra India in 1974 By Famous and Awarded Artist Late Mohammad Mubin whose Family Belongs to AGHA KHAN From Isfahan From Persian Countries. Today In Marble Cottage You May Found Four Craftsmen just for the Demonstration of the Inlay Art Similar Known as PIETRE DURE on the white Marble and Some 35 Craftsmen in their Big Unit. And Here we explain and Demonstrate the Art Free of Cost to the Local or Foreign Travelers. If you would like to Visit our Factory so you may call us or tell us where you stay in Agra so We Pick up you from the Nearest Place. Here in Marble Cottage we make white marble table tops, coaster sets, chess board, tiles, medallions, marble figures, marble stands, marble dining table, marble interior art and handmade crafts, marble statues, marble flooring, marble gifts articles, marble boxes, marble tray, marble plates, marble candle holder, marble elephants and some other marble inlay art and handmade products.
Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Satisfied with Purchase and Service”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Our guide in Agra took us to the Marble Cottage. As part of the sales pitch, we received a demonstration of the pietra dura production process and an explanation about the various gems involved.

We ended up buying an octagonal 14" white marble pietra dura table top. We paid 30,600 rupees for this, including insurance and shipping. I can't really judge whether this was a good price or not, but from online research I would say that it is at least within a reasonable range. In any case, we found the piece worth it since it is a lifelong souvenir of our trip to India.

The price of these pieces is mainly determined by the number of pieces that the inlaid pattern consists of - so a large variation of prices even for the same size of marble is possible.

Mr Azhar, as mentioned by other reviewers, treated us with respect and patience, and we appreciated his effort in helping to find us a piece that suited our taste and budget.

The shipping (FedEx I believe) was timely and the piece arrived at our home address without any damage or trouble.

I would recommend this shop based on our experiences, with the caveat that I really don't have any comparative framework to judge this by.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank vantastic42

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
“Marble Masterpieces for Chess Lovers”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had been my desire always to display a classic Chess set made out of marble in my den. Could not be better than what my wife and I purchased from this lovely little Marble Cottage during our jaunt to Agra. The most satisfying and pleasing deal with the seller was to receive assurances of delivering the purchase to our doorstep in Perth without any hassels. Received the parcel in a month's time from our return, all intact. Reliable and excellent delivery service.

We strongly recommend tourists to visit this little hideout of intricate, fine and polished marble ware if there is the desire of taking back home a life time buy from the city of Agra, a place with the famous Taj Mahal.

Visited August 2012
marblecottageagra, Owner at Marble Cottage, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Roland Pinto..
Thanks for purchased Two chess Board in white marble with marble chess sets.....I hope next time you may purchase one of the big chess table from my Marble Cottage...Thanks for your Review ...and Hope you may enjoying while Playing with your friend on indian chess board..Thanks once again.
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My beautiful balck elephant !”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My daughter and I visited this store in Agra. We loved seeing the techniques, care and skill that were required to make one of these beautiful pieces. I purchased a marvelous black marble elephant with colorful inlays (about 4 inches tall) As we still had a few weeks left in our trip (and he was heavy ! ), we arranged to have him shipped home. He arrived safely - very carefully wrapped -and looks great on my window silll.
One comment ( which the store can not control) is that the shipper may collect duty on behalf of your government. We get walloped in Canada by our shippers and custom duties.! So if you can carry the piece yourself, do so. Marbel Cottage will package it so well you will have no worries.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Loriebm
marblecottageagra, Owner at Marble Cottage, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Customer Thanks for your feedback and we really appreciated that you have purchased a beautiful black marble inlay art elephant which is decorate in your interior window and may be its going to makes you some good luck in your life as we know that An Elephant as a symbol of good luck....
Mumbai
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Differentiated Value delivered”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The owner Mr. Azhar personally gets involved with the customer and delivers exceptional value.
We sought inlay work to plug a few holes developed on our bottochino marble flooring, as replacing the entire flooring would cost us a packet, but for inlay work done by his team on 12 pieces of 3" by 3" bottochino tiles, which saved us a large sum and also the time it would take to replace the entire flooring.
Anyone seeking pics of the work done by him may obtain the same from Mr. Azhar.
Marvellous artists of inlay work in Agra

1 Thank gmjava
Dear Girdhar java ....
Thanks for trust on my company and Paid full amount in advance before Placed an order of Flooring Tiles without watching my Art Quality and my Service...I wish if I came to mumbai I'll be visit to your house and feel my Art that's how it is look in your Flooring...and thanks for uploading the Image of Flooring tiles..
Perth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Quality products & excellent service”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We first visited this marble shop business in Agra India many years ago & noting that they had quality goods and felt we could do business in good faith, had them post our purchase back to our home in Australia.Shop has moved address in Agra to bigger & better premises. on each visit to Agra since we have purchased Marble table tops & ornaments that have all been freighted back to our home in Australia. Early last year we wanted a special gift, so we contacted Marble Cottage with order. No problem it was freighted to us promptly in the best quality packing. With excellent service at all times. we gladly recommend.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank BopeepPerth
Thanks For Visited Marble Cottage and your great feedback...we promise to give best quality and great service to my customer and expecting in returns a great feedback..