“Great find”

Ranked #4 of 201 Agra B&B and Inns
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great find”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We always try and stay in home stays, the personal touch makes a big difference. We stayed just one night, but it was great.

The owner is on the premises, eats with the guests, and takes a great interest in their welfare. The food (we had both breakfast and dinner here) was simple but really nice, some of it being made as we ate, so super hot rotis off the pan, for example.

Rooms were really, really big, and very luxurious & comfortable. Staff very friendly, cleanliness top notch.

Have to pay in cash (no credit card facility), so just plan for that.

Would stay again here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: There are only half a dozen rooms, they all seem to be great.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rohan L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had a great stay at Bansi! Mr Burman was an amazing host and he truly made us feel at home. We ended up getting in later then anticipated but had dinner ready for us within the hour. We had a traditional Thali dinner, all you can eat too which was great considering we just had a 6 hour drive from Delhi. The next morning we were up early to see the Taj Mahal and were given coffee and tea before we left and a full breakfast once we returned to the homestay. It was hospitality at its finest, not to mention the extra touches that were thrown in. My friend had been wanting these indian chips (chiwda) but couldn't find them anywhere so Mr Burman asked one of his staff to find it and buy her some. The rooms look exactly like they do in the photos, and the shower was great! Thanks to Mr Burman and all his staff at Bansi, we wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a terrace just outside.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank chrissyy17
Hi !
thank you soo much. You guys were great and had come to enjoy your India trip and that we
could feel the moment you all entered our home. We just did our little share. Take care till we meet again. D.K Burman
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed January 14, 2014

It was a wonderful experience at Bandi Home Stay. We experienced by first hands a wonderful indian meal and receive very useful advices to go around not only Agra but some other special places in India.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. Very big and clean. They all have great antique art work as well.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Armando C
dkburman, Owner at Bansi Home Stay, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for the kind review. I was also very happy to share my travel experiences with you.
Regards, Burman
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I want to give a big shout out to our host, Mr. Burman! I found out 2 days into my trip that my credit card had been stolen and I needed to call Visa. Mr. Burman was nice enough to let me use his international cell phone to make the call and get the fraudulent charges reversed. He was so accommodating and truly happy to help.

Bansi was a lovely place to stay in itself. There was marble everywhere and a cute outside patio on the top floor where our room was at. We should have asked how the AC worked before going to bed. I'm sure it worked fine, we just couldn't figure it out. We could have also used some better quality pillows (but I'm kind of a pillow snob). Overall, it was a lovely place to stay on a quite street and the service was outstanding, including the excellent tali lunch.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Candace22
Hello !
could you get all your money back or you landed up with three iPhone and five iPads !!
Thank God !! you did not locate the A/C switch in December other wise you would have been REAL cold in December in Agra. Our A/C throws out only cool air. We provide
heat converter's in winter's and the guests are quite happy with it.
I thought the pillows were comfhy but will now make arrangements for softer ones. Next visit we will give you the desired quality pillows.
Regards, Burman
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed January 12, 2014

What can we say that hasn't already been said about the hotel, the service from Vinay and the house staff and Mr. Burman himself? It was all top notch!!
I hesitated booking our reservation here, but Mr. Burman convinced me (by phone and via a few emails) that his hotel was quite special and could not be compared with others in town and he was 200% correct!
From his wonderful, sincere and generous spirit he makes you feel "at home" at Bansi. We really felt cared for there. And it was the perfectly spiced chai and homemade chutneys that spoiled us for the rest of our stay in India!
The rooms were spacious and spotless. Wifi, television, a safe, sufficient drawers for clothing and a mini fridge was available in the room. The bathroom was wonderful with a fantastic shower and shampoos.
As tourists, we traveled the area by tuk tuk with Naheem (sp?) who was informative and a clear communicator ( and when requested... took us to the best petha shop in town!!). We would have preferred less "shop stops", but we learned how to avoid these later in our trip.
Overall, Bansi is a fabulous place, a homestay in Agra not to be passed up.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy C
Dear Nancy,
how was the India experience ? I am so delighted to get the THREE B'S.
A big thank you. Burman
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed here for 5 days, a well maintained property. Rooms are big and clean. The name says it all, it's definitely a "home stay" relaxed and comfortable place for short or long stay. Mr Burman, took genuine interest in listening and assisting in every way possible. Kohli ji and other staff took also helped in every aspect to meet our requirement. Though food was simple yet very tasty (giving assurance once again that it was a home stay)-served on request, which needs to be credited for. Quite convinced to stay at same place if I travel again to Agra.
Thank you "Bansi Home Stay."

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
dkburman, Owner at Bansi Home Stay, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Staying five days with us and posting such a nice review, Everyone at Bansi feels very grateful
A big thank you. Burman
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This was a wonderful find thanks to the positive Trip Advisor reviews!
Mr Burman is a jolly and charming host who will do everything possible to look after you. He arranged a driver Sanjay to pick me up in Delhi and we drove the 3.5 hours on the Yamuna expressway to Agra (the other route takes 6 hours - expressway is faster!). All the car details and Sanjay's number were emailed to me before my trip. Sanjay then drove to me to sights recommended by Mr Burman during my 2 night/3 day stay (Baby Taj, Mehtab Bagh, Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri and Agra Fort). This was a great safe option for me as a single woman travelling alone.
Mr Burman advised visiting the Taj Mahal very early (6.30am) and provided a delicious breakfast when I returned to the homestay at 9am (the crowds were pouring in as I was leaving so early is definitely best!). I also took his advice on getting the very good audio guide - much better than a paid guide as it gives you space to enjoy the beauty and serenity of the place at your own pace.
Mr B also recommended and organised a guide for Fatehpur Sikri and Agra Fort. My guide Nadeem was a delightful young unversity history student and was excellent - definitely the best way to get the most out of these extensive historic sights.

The staff at Bansi homestay have all been working for Mr Burman for many years and it shows. They are attentive and thoughtful - with everything overseen by the jolly Mr B and his brother as his right-hand man. Mr B chats to you at breakfast and dinner (all meals were delicious), explains the food, and answers any questions you have about India. As a former director of tourism for 38 years, he knows his stuff! But you never feel pressured into anything or obliged to talk. It is all very relaxed and you really do feel like you are at home. The bedroom is large, clean and very comfortable, with a courtyard garden which I would have liked more time to sit in and enjoy.

This is a delightful place to stay and I'm so glad I came here first rather than staying in Delhi! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The second floor has 2 large rooms and is on the same level as the courtyard garden.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank campbells05
dkburman, Owner at Bansi Home Stay, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Ms Campbell,
it was a pleasure and an honour to host you in our home stay. I sincerely
thank you for the nice and kind review. Look forward to welcome you again with your family.
With kind regards, Burman