“5 star”
Review of Bansi Home Stay

Bansi Home Stay
Ranked #4 of 207 Agra B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My family and I came from Bahrain and stayed at Bansi Burmans Home stay for 2 days. It was amazing, great people, made me feel as though I had known them my whole life. One could spend hours talking to Mr Burman and his associates, hearing the incredible stories he has to share. The food provided was delectable, no doubt some of the best Indian food I have personally had. The rooms were not what I expected, as I thought it would be small and under developed. Thought it turned out to be the complete opposite, very nice bedrooms, spacious, very nice and clean bathrooms, the beds were extremely cosy. Free wifi is provided which means you can still be in touch with people around the world. The home stay is located in a very convenient place, close to the Taj Mahal and town centre. All in all, I had a memorable experience and I certainly advise people to look into Bansi Burman Home stay, you will definitely not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013
dkburman, Owner at Bansi Home Stay, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for the kind review. We also had a good time talking to you and really enjoyed your stay with us. Burman

Reviewed November 22, 2013

What is good ?

Proximity to Taj approximately 15 mins drive.This is could get more if you plan to visit during rush hours. Good quality vegetarian food, whats more they can custom tailor to your spice palate more or less as desired. Flexible, kid friendly food , which in our case is no spice , and preferably white sauce based usually. The chef was kind enough to accomodate. The rooms were big and clean, we stayed on the top floor Radha & Shyam - while the rooms were comfy, bear in mind , there is no view - its all curtains and beyond that you wouldnt want to try anything fancy.There is a mini garden on the top floor - nice place to sit for a relaxing evening. Didnt bother to check about wifi but cable was working just in case you need to stay indoors.

What could be better ?

A wine cellar would be just perfect addition if there is any space left! Not sure about non vegeterian cuisine or continental cuisine availability.There is no wine shop in the walking distance.I would have liked a buffet layout for breakfast perhaps instead of eat-what-we-have-cooked menu, while that is not bad at all,but just a larger variety would be appreciated.
Please carry cash because they recently got the credit card swiping machine and still are figuring out how to use it.

What's bad ?

Parking. Especially if you have a SUV - bear in mind its a dead end lane and reversing your vehicle could be a nightmare since the homestay is right at the end and there are vehicles parked at either end.Thought for first time India visitors, you should know that India has a strange way working things out - and while it maynot be the most perfect way of doing things- net of it - it still gets done. So if you do get your SUV stuck - it will eventually get out magically.No kidding.

Anecdotes :

Keep Hotel Atithi as a GPS landmark/guide and take the lane just after the hotel (assuming the hotel Atithi is on your left.)

Mr.Burman the owner and Mr.Kohli the manager are polite and sometimes it embarases you,but Indian hospitality is also about asking a couple of times more if you ve had enough to eat or make you try something which you are already stuffed with. Apply this basic logic , Indians believe that if you say its Good food then it = eat more.! If you eat less then perhaps they think its not cooked well.

Yamuna Expressway is just fine - well designed,smooth,good stop points for wash and rereshments,beware of speed violation even though you might see every second vehicle zooming past you.

Must view Taj only in the early mornings lest you have to deal with a sizeable noisy crowd.

Overall - its a good stay, perhaps comparable to better B&B's around the world.

Room Tip: Shyam on the third floor has a small garden out side - could be a good sit back and relax time enjoy...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank aayanban

Thank you for taking the time out from your busy schedule and writing a helpful review.
The parking some how has really been magical and the guests come out pleasantly surprised.
Certain suggestions we cannot implement for the simple reasons of economy of scale.
We will remain a vegetarian set up.In an Indian home not to have a buffet
breakfast is deliberate. What about the personal touch !!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Except for the dining room where all guests can have dinner at the same table with M.Burman (the owner), it looks more like a hotel then a home stay. But the rooms and bathrooms are very clean and beautiful . Quite luxurious for the price , I doubt you can find better rooms for that price. Dinner was delicious and you can have as much as you want. Since I left very early, they also made sandwiches to pack for my breakfast. The only thing I was disappointed with, is that when I arrived, the man at the reception asked me if I wanted a coffee or tea. I thought it was free, a kind of "welcome drink" and asked for a coffee. It was just an instant coffee (with 2 small biscuits) and when I checked out, he charged me 60 rupees for this instant coffee, which is very expensive for India! In many places, you can have instant coffee for free in your room! So, unless you don't mind paying that price , don't accept a drink when you're offered one. But I do recommend to take dinner there because there are not so many restaurants around and not so many things to do when it's dark, so, it's much better to have dinner at the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Japanisa

Thank you for your honest review. Yes! it could have been perfect. We also learn from our mistakes
When you come next time the coffee / tea if offered will be a "welcome drink ' for sure. We are
not charging any more. Burman

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Trinetra Tours booked my stay here and I am very glad they did! I so enjoyed the owner and his home stay! The food was delicious. The bed comforable. The room was quiet. Wifi available. Bottled water provided.Lots of hot water. Very clean! Had I needed anything I know it would have been provided! I traveled as a solo and felt very safe here. It is nice to stay at a home stay if you are on your own as the opportunity to interact with other is nice.Coffee was made for the dawn visit to the Taj and then an ample breakfast provided afterwards. Dinner was delicious!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DTen
dkburman, Owner at Bansi Home Stay, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for the kind review. Coming from you means a lot to the Bansi team. Such encouraging
words are real motivating force to serve the traveling fraternity. A big THANK YOU.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed here during our trip to Agra & Mathura for a night. Its very clean and comfortable. Makes you feel like home. The owner Mr. Burman & Mr. Kohli are through gentlemen, they do not leave any stone unturned to make you feel like home. You ask for it and they have all the information at their finger tip. Everytime I asked for anything the reply I got from them was, yes you leave it to us we will arrange. My parents (age 75 plus) were travelling with us. The Bansi team went beyond expectations to allocate a room on the ground floor to accomadate them comfortably. The food is excellent and the stay at Bansi is at par with any luxuary hotels, very spacious and clean rooms in centre of the Agra city - what more can you ask for? Many thanks Mr. Kohli & Mr. Burman for making our trip to Agra a memorable one.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for such a nice review. It was such a pleasure to have your parents stay with us and
enjoy. Once again would like to thank you for selecting Bansi.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Last time I visited Agra I stayed in one of the very touristy hotels and got ill. Returning I wanted a different experience and we struck very lucky. Nothing is too much trouble for Mr Burman and his manager. They made us feel like royalty; provided extremely comfortable, large and immaculate rooms in a conveniently located and quiet cul de sac not too far from the Taj Mahal. We had dinner in the home stay with some other guests and it was absolutely delicious. It was like being at a friend's dinner party and the interesting conversation was a real bonus. The kitchen is adjacent to the dining room and everything was being prepared freshly. We wanted a very early start (to see the Taj at dawn) and refreshments were ready to see us on our way. Returning we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and again Mr Burman looked after us very attentively. I loved the Taj last time but was put off by the ghastly hotel experience. Now that I have discovered this home stay I will certainly return.

Room Tip: All are excellent
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Penny,
thank you for the nice and kind words. We also look forward to your next visit.
Wishing you a Merry X'mas and a happy new year.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed 2 nights with my girlfriend and were both amazed, how friendly everyone at Bansi home stay was, we hardly wanted to leave! The room was very nice and big, with a big bed, location was quite and nice, Taj Mahal was also not very far away on foot. Even though there were some restaurants nearby, we decided to have our dinner every night at home, and it was just fantastic, so was the breakfast. But the main thing, why we iked the place was the owner Mr Burman and his assistant and their kindness, they were always there for us to help or just talk with us. We absolutely would come back again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
dkburman, Owner at Bansi Home Stay, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Mr Perlaki,
thank you for the kind review. You both were so friendly that we had no choice
bur to react accordingly. As a matter of fact the Bansi team has learnt from your stay.
We look forward to your visit again.
Regards, Burman