“NOT GREAT”

Saniya Palace Restaurant
Ranked #222 of 291 Restaurants in Agra
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Which could be construed as saying that Saniya Palace restaurant was good, which it wasn’t, but my mother always insisted that we be polite… The one thing the Saniya Palace restaurant does have going for it is the best view of the Taj of any restaurant in town.

As we entered Saniya Palace on this fine November afternoon, there were a couple of guys in a doorway, to what I think was the kitchen, who seemed surprised to see us. I wasn’t sure whether or not they worked in the restaurant, but one of them soon delivered a menu.

My wife and I ordered some snacks and pondered on what to drink… “Beer?”

“Yes sir”

“We’ll take two”

“Yes sir”

After a longish wait, one of the items we ordered arrived. My wife looked at the food, the dirty tablecloth, the Taj, me – “Are you ready for this?”. And with that, we took the plunge. A few minutes later, the beer arrived.

Over the next hour, we sipped our beers, nibbled on our snacks and marveled at the Taj. When the bill arrived, I initially thought the waiter had made a mistake. “What the... Fruit juice? We didn’t order any fruit juice. Wait. Ohh”.

1  Thank doresco

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here over sunset which was a fantastic experience. Unfortunately the food was really quite terrible I ordered a curry with spinach and paneer and asked for
It hot, however it had absolutely no taste I don't think it had seen any spice or seasoning! However I must say I was so busy looking at the view this really didn't matter! I'd recommend either just having a beer, or accept its about the view and not the food and you'll be fine! Down a little alley and is hard to find as others have mentioned but luckily out driver knew it well! We didn't go to any other rooftop places to compare but it's very close to the Taj so I can't imagine you'd get much better!

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

We went for sunset and the rooftop view is immense. We regretfully chose to eat there, poor quality and overpriced. 5/5 for the view and 1/5 for food so 3/5 overall. Go for a beer and relax and eat somewhere else!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

May be hard to find but is certainly worth the efford. The view from the rooftop is great - you can sit and watch Taj Mahal, people on the roofs below you, monkeys jumping. The food was very good and - although all the guests seemed to be tourists - really authentic. Low prices and good safe food - with a view.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Make sure you go during the day to appreciate the view.

I went at night and you cant see the maj mahal. But still, it has an awesome set up