“Helpful people but room is no value for money”

and 1 more site!
Sri Radha Krishna Kunj
Ranked #46 of 205 Agra B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed two nights at Sri Radha. The bed was nice, the room very clean. People were friendly and very helpful. They helped us for example to get our traintickets confirmed by bringing us to the station and using their contacts. Really very nice. Nevertheless we would not go to Sri Radha again mostly because we think the room is absolutely overpriced. In five months traveling this room was one of the more expensive ones. The shower doesn't work properly. Hot water switches off al the time. Also waterpressure is poor so it's actually almost impossible to take a shower. Location is not close to the action so you need transportation to all the sights. Not on walking distance. Breakfast is poor. Wifi is switched off all the time for no obvious reason.

Room Tip: For a better location, close to the action, find a room near south gate!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Carina850
There are newer reviews for Sri Radha Krishna Kunj

Reviewed November 29, 2013

What a beautiful family ! They brought us all around Agra, spend a lot of time with us. We were able to live moments we never would have lived without them : an annual school performance with all the Indians families, an incredible Indian dinner at there house where we could watch and understand how they cook, many tchai, many discussion, all kind of crazy and magical moments, Kinari and Saadar bazar. It was really great to spend our first days in India with them.
In addition the rooms are big and very clean, hot water, terrasse, free internet, quiet area... Well situated 20 minutes by foot from the Taj Mahal.
We really recommend this address !

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sabean2013
Reviewed October 24, 2013

It was my first true experience of a home stay. And I would say that, it has been extraordinary! Located in one of the posh area in Agra, Sri Radha Krishna Kunj is really a home away from home. I stayed for one night and the owners Mr. and Mrs. Khandelwal were very kind and helpful. The room to my surprise was spacious, neat and peaceful. Mr. Anil has lot of knowledge about the city. He guided us and arranged transportation to make our one day trip to Agra memorable. One thing which I will take away with me during my stay is the food! If anyone wants to try the real Indian home cooked food, this is the place!! Also Mr. Khandelwal arranged a trip to a location where we could see Taj Mahal on a full moon night. Since I am interested in photography, it was a treat for my camera to capture such moment.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank spandan16
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We booked the hotel for one night in Agra. Room spacious and clean even if the acoustic communication problem with the room next door. Our train arrived very late that night and had some trouble to get to the house as we had lost the address. In any case, Anil the owner did not care and offered to go out to meet the tuk tuk. He and his family are all friendly and collaborate to make your stay and your visit to Agra as you like.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Conarenaenlamochila
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was my first experience in a homestay and I wasn't disappointed.

The family are very welcoming and also care about you enjoying your trip. Anything I needed help with, they were just a phone call away with good advice & also if I was running late getting back they would ring to check I was ok. It's clear that the family take great pride in providing a good service for their guests.

The rooms are very generously sized for this price bracket and ideal for family stays with the conjoining door option.

Everything was clean, well organised and fresh. Just what you need after returning from a long day's sightseeing.

Room Tip: One room has a kitchen and the other has a generous seating area, table & desks. Both rooms have...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Sara R
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was our first homestay experience and we have only wonderful things to say about the place. Except for a few flaws which I am sure the hosts will take as good feedback (for improvement) there's every good reason to stay at Radha Krishna Kunj. The flaws are the thin mattresses on the cots. The extra bed provided was even thinner and cot wasn't satisfactory though I was even willing to sleep on the floor but with a better bed of course. I am sure if I had raised this issue Anil would have also provided a solution as he was very helpful. He fixed a small problem in the bathroom as soon as I reported. He also got us tickets for the night-viewing of the Taj, helped us with the cabs for our sight seeing trip to Fatehpur Sikhri and Agra, the night viewing of the Taj and the trip to Delhi. But the best part was the awesome home made food that his wife Sandhya cooked for us. If there is one reason you need to stay here, it is this. The food was reasonably priced too. Anil, Sandhya and their daughter, Kanika were delightful company too, listening to my stories. Highly recommended if you are looking for a homestay in Agra and if you wish to feel the warmth and hospitality of an Indian family.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SubashSL
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night, it's a nice calm place with welcoming and kind hosts. Anil was very helpful with finding us a bus to get to our next destination and we also ate with the family in the evening. The room was clean and spacious and I would highly recommend staying here during a trip to Agra.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ally2909
Anil K, Owner at Sri Radha Krishna Kunj, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

We too had a wonderful time staying with you people and we hope that you had a memorable trip to India . Thank you for your very precious reviews.
We always welcome you whenever you next visit Agra.
Regards.