“Really nice, caring owners”

and 1 more site!
Sri Radha Krishna Kunj
Ranked #58 of 210 Agra B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for our second of two nights in Agra after our fist place was booked. We were dropped off and they sat us down to check us in and helped us arrange a tuk-tuk for the following morning to the train station. It was slightly awkward at first, as I was also starting to feel ill and had a bad cough from the beginnings of a respiratory infection after spending a week inhaling the Indian dust. They showed us our room which was perfectly fine. The bed was a large and comfortable, only slightly outdated but still clean. The bathroom was clean as well but the shower only gave out cold water. They had a lower spigot, about a meter off the ground that had hot water and gave us a bucket and cup to use. It was a wet bathroom though, and the water was nice and hot, so this was only a minor drawback. They had free wifi, which was nice. They came up later to check on us as I decided to just lay down and rest and offered to make us some food for free as it was quite late and they noticed we didn't go out for dinner. We had a late lunch and I had a stomach ache, so we declined, but he came back later with some honey to make my throat feel better which I thought was very kind and thoughtful. We had an early wake-up the next morning as we had to be at the train station at 5:30 a.m. We came down and they were already up, making us some tea and preparing a light breakfast--even making a cup of chai for the tuk-tuk driver. For the one night we stayed the homestay was perfectly pleasant and within a walking distance to the Taj Mahal. Would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KrisLizzy03
Anil K, Owner at Sri Radha Krishna Kunj, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

It was a great time staying with you people and was our pleasure to serve you.
We are thankful to have such pleasing comments and for the suggestions- They are always welcome.
Also, we are happy to let you know that we had the hot water as well as cold water shower fixed in the bathrooms.
You are always welcome whenever you next visit Agra.
Hope to see you soon.
Regards.
SRKK Homestay, Agra.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed a couple of nights here during holi. We had a fantastic time, the family are lovely and really involved us in all their celebrations :) the rooms are very clean and spacious with comfortable beds. There is no hot shower in the room, just a hot tap, but the family are happy for you to use the hot shower downstairs :) it is within walking distance to taj and the owner is great at giving directions/providing maps and recommendations.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank springy87
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I travelled with my family from Gurgaon to Agra on 16/17th March’13, with one night stay in Agra. We searched for home stay options in Agra using Trip Advisor. Since the big places were booked, we were recommended ‘Sri Radha Krishna Kunj’by another guest house owner. And it was a pleasant surprise. The 2 rooms that we had booked were on the first floor- so in effect we had the entire first floor to ourselves. The rooms were spacious- one was pretty much like a suite while the other also had an attached kitchen. This place is located close to the Taj Mahal i.e. approx. 1-2 kms distance. It is also close to the Agra cantonment & is located in a fairly quite & peaceful residential area.
We wanted to spend a quiet peaceful night & got exactly what we wanted. Also, the owners are very sweet and helpful.

Vikrant
India

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just a one night stay after a not so good night spent in another place but definitely high recommendable. Nice neighborhood, nice house and comfortable room. The best part is the family's hospitality (yes, it's really family run), feeling the true local atmosphere. Without spending any useless time you can tell the owner to have dinner at home and they'll prepare a delicious and cheap one.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stefano F
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I`ve stayed in Sri Radha Krishna Kunj for just one night but i definitely would recommend this guest house. It`s a home stay owned by a very kind and helpful family, in a residential zone just 15 minutes by walk to the Taj Mahal: the room I was given was very big, clean and peaceful, with AC if required and a clean bathroom. Above all facilities this family can create a very pleasant staying: they helped me with all possible suggestions, making me feel like home. I also definitely recommend to have dinner here, house madame cooking is delicious, and cheap too.
A perfect combination to relax and to experience an original taste of Indian life!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I also would definitely recommend this guest house, where I stayed for just one night with my friend. The hosts of the guest house are sweet and were attentive to see that our stay was comfortable and we had what we needed. The room with two twin beds was very large and clean. The rate for the room was very reasonable and included a nice breakfast. The wifi worked well. The guesthouse is in a quiet residential neighborhood. The review by UKExpatMumbai describes the bathroom well. Overall it was quite comfortable for just staying one night. We were happy we stayed there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I would highly recommend this guest house, we really felt at home.
We stayed 3 nights in Agra and had most of our dinner made by our lovely host wife, it was a delight each time.
Our room was huge with an attached bathroom and sattelite TV, a real luxury worth the price.
Most of all we would always remember the kindness of this adorable family, they made everything they could in order that we spend the best time in Agra.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Anil K, Owner at Sri Radha Krishna Kunj, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for such pleasing comments. We too loved your company and hope to see you soon.
Regards.