“Wonderful stay with a wonderful family”

and 1 more site!
Sri Radha Krishna Kunj
Ranked #47 of 202 Agra B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“Wonderful stay with a wonderful family”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I would highly recommend this guest house, we really felt at home.
We stayed 3 nights in Agra and had most of our dinner made by our lovely host wife, it was a delight each time.
Our room was huge with an attached bathroom and sattelite TV, a real luxury worth the price.
Most of all we would always remember the kindness of this adorable family, they made everything they could in order that we spend the best time in Agra.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Anil K, Owner at Sri Radha Krishna Kunj, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for such pleasing comments. We too loved your company and hope to see you soon.
SRKK family, Agra.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I went in November with my wife and her parents. We were satisfied with the accomodation, and so we sent two friends of ours (single women travelling together) to stay there a few weeks after. We're very happy with both experiences

The location
Not right next to the main sights, but not at all inconvenient. In a quiet relatively well-off residential area of large houses. There is a small supermarket quite near by (about 400m) which is very handy for stocking up on water, snacks, etc for your day in Agra and for any long drives.

The rooms
The two rooms are both massive - I think each one used to be a self-contained flat. They are kept very clean and tidy. Beds are very good, with high quality and spotlessly clean sheets. Each room has an en suite bathroom. Clean (and effective!) toilets. Showers in the rooms aren't the best - hot water is into a bucket, while the water to the shower head is only cold. However, the family kindly offered to let us use their shower which did have hot water. Only minor problem is that the two bathrooms are back to back and they share an open space (at ceiling height) between them - presumably for ventilation. Although there is visual privacy, you can hear very clearly what is happening in the adjacent bathroom. Probably not a problem if the occupants of both rooms are friends or family. But some might feel a bit uncomfortable if the other room is occupied by strangers. I have stayed in lots of hotels and B&Bs in India, and this really is minor compared to the problems you are likely to encounter elsewhere in this price bracket.

The family
In short, they are lovely. Attentive and flexible, but respect your privacy and space. The family is a father, mother and daughter (all of whom speak English well). Our female friends who went there felt very comfortable. They offer a full-on Indian breakfast (included in the price when we went) and an evening meal (for a reasonable amount extra), vegetarian, and with lots of food. They also allow guests to log on to their family wifi, which was really helpful. This B&B has not been open for very long, and they are still sorting out their offer - at the end of our stay the family asked us whether anything could be improved, and were grateful for our suggestions. You can't ask for more than that.

Room Tip: There are two rooms, one with a double bed and a slightly bigger room with two single beds. Both are...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Anil K, Owner at Sri Radha Krishna Kunj, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We are happy to receive your your valuable reviews and opinion about us. We're glad that you stayed with us and always welcome you whenever you visit Agra next.
Thankyou for your suggestions, as we've worked on it and sorted it out.
Hope to see you soon again.
Kind Regards.
SRKK Family, Agra.
Twickenham
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The wonderful couple who run this homestay in Agra saved us after we stupidly messed up our booking at another homestay by booking the wrong dates, and in many ways we're very glad they did.
From the moment we met them we felt welcome. They quickly made us feel at ease and gave us plenty of advice not only on the local area, but even for our next destination, Jaipur.
We stayed in room 101 which was just lovely and very clean so we had a very comfortable night sleep.
But without doubt it's the kind, and thoughtful nature of the hosts which makes this homestay so, so special. After some time in India it does become tiresome when everyone seems to want to rip you off, and everything takes more time than it should to organise - but when our autorickshaw driver ditched us part way through our day tour of the city and refused to take us to the station very early the following morning, our hosts were quick to sort out a replacement which arrived promptly and didn't demand a sudden hike in fare either.
We decided to accept their kind invitation to join the family for dinner and we honestly had the best meal we've ever had in India. It was clear they had made a big effort to keep their guests happy.
They even woke up before dawn to provide a very filling breakfast before our early departure at the train station which we thought certainly went above and beyond.
The location is lovely - a cleaner, safer and more comfortable area of the city, yet within very easy reach of the main sights including the Taj Mahal.
If I ever have the opportunity to visit Agra again I will definitely be booking this home-stay, and would highly recommend it to other travellers who are seeking a comfortable night's sleep and an insight into Indian family life.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Backpacking_Junior
Anil186, Owner at Sri Radha Krishna Kunj, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Kind of you to have praised us so much. It was great to have you guys as our guests.
You are always welcome to our place whenever you next visit Agra.
SRKK family.
Dursley, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Due to India Rail getting me into Agra 19hours late I only meet the hosts at 11:30pm - sorry about that. However the room was far above what I might have expected. Very spacious and very nicely appointed. The thing that sets Sri Radha Krishna apart from the masses is a classy, quiet location and the genuine warmth and care of the hosts. These two ppl who go a long long way to redressing the grief that taxi drivers and touts bring to the traveller. Although I am male I would recommend this stay especially to female travellers as I would expect that you would get reliable help and advice.
www.srkkhomestay.co.in will find them
One word about taxi drivers - I would avoid my driver Salamat Khan (Saniya Tours). We agreed the night before my B'day to pick me up in time to see the Sunrise over the Taj - guess what? 30mins late and by then we got there to late! And he was asked by the hosts to take me to the market on the way to the station and didn't bother... PLUS he was in my view, very expensive

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank cosmicseeker
Thanks a lot for such pleasing comments.
We too loved your company and so much wish you stayed a little longer.
Anyways, we welcome and wish that you visit Agra often so we can spend more time with you.
SRKK family.