“Excellent food, good service, a bit pricey”

Shivakash Restaurant
Ranked #158 of 276 Restaurants in Agra
Cuisines: Indian
New Mexico
“Excellent food, good service, a bit pricey”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Yes, the food here was a bit pricier than some of the other restaurants in Agra and the rest of the North, but I have to say this was the second-best meal we ate during 2 months in India. The butter chicken and naan were outstanding. And for the 'pricey' you get linen napkins and tablecloths and very good service. We're not Indian so I have no way of comparing this meal to what would be 'authentic' for an Indian diner. For these Westerners, it was memorable!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank NewMexicoSilverqueen

New York City, New York
“AVOID THIS EXPENSIVE TOURIST TRAP”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

As an experienced traveler, I should have known better. My driver had been trying to taking me to various shops our use his buddies as guides, which I declined. By lunch, though, I was famished and went along when he drove me out of the easy to Shivakash. I relaxed a bit when I saw the Trip advisor sign.

I should have remained way as the driver knew the staff well by appearances, and because I was literally the only guest there the middle lunch.

I believe they have two menus, because they have Mr an English menu, and then replaced it with another one. Not sure why unless they have two prices.

In any case, the food was poor, but the prices were outrageous, and then they throw a 20 pct tax top of that, and have four people crowd you with the bill saying service not included. I've had better and less expensive Indian food in New York city, and ended paying 4 to 5x of other places i ate in Agra and Delhi.

Avoid!!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank JNelsonRedSoxFan
Agra, India
“value for money/ great ambience”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

from over 10 years i feel safe & 100% satisfy to put my guest for food ( lunch or dinner) at shivakash resturant. not only the waiter but also the owner-himself ( Mr. pawan verma) involve himself for taking care of foreigner guest ( FIT,Group).the resturant offer quality food of great taste , homely atmosphere, professional service and value for money. with best regards amrish agarwal( director- Taj holidays)

• Visited November 2013
New Delhi, India
“value for money & time”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is the best thing that happened to me after Taj Mahal. Best Indian food I had in India. Good portions with awesum taste. Service was good & fast. Great meal after a tiring day. Real value for money & time.The Owners were also very hospitable. Thanks to Nidhi & pawan Verma.

• Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Purity at its best”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I would lyk to thnk d orgnisor of ma trip who took me to such Pure restaurent . Ambience , purity , Quality , Cleaniness , Hospitality Etc Etc evry thng wz at its Best I spcly would Love to thnk The Owner Mr Pawan Verma & Mrs Verma they really had put dere soles in it . All the best both of u going great u2 Keep it up.

• Visited November 2013