“Worth a visit but beware of touts, pickpockets and thieves.”
Review of Agra Fort

Agra Fort
Book In Advance
More Info
$80.00*
and up
Private Day Trip to Agra from New Delhi Including...
Ranked #2 of 114 things to do in Agra
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: An important medieval complex with beautiful mosques and palaces.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Aggressive touts who are in YOUR FACE ALL THE TIME make this and any attraction in India a painful and nasty experience. Great once you are in buut you run the gauntlet in and out, and the guides offer to show you ID but its's all obviously fake.

1  Thank DRMB
Write a ReviewReviews (9,910)
All reviews
in 104 reviews
"military"
in 131 reviews

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The architecture, the engineering, the history - all amazing. Just a pity that 70% is off limits because the military have moved in.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The best bit about the Fort is its relation to the Taj Mahal, and the history of the mogul who was imprisoned there by his son!
1/3 is open to the public the other part still occupied by the army, however there is still plenty to see. I loved the monkeys

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This tower is noble and graceful building. However, I had complicated feelings when I was watching this tower. Because there was too much grief, and love-hate relationship between parents and child there.
As a historical fact, Shāh Jahān(The 5th generation Emperor) was confined by his third son, and robbed of most important dream by his third son. And, Seven years later, in 1666, He ended his eventful life at Musamman Burj. He was 74 years old.
While I was here, I forgot the time because I thought about it and was absorbed in watching. Strange to say, Although I moved to the different place on the premises in the Agra Fort, I came back for reasons of something here immediately again. And, in the curious naked pain of the thought I looked again to it. In contrast to Musamman Burj, Jehangiri's Mahal was filled with the family love.

1  Thank kk-hwglth38
See more reviews
Reviewed February 13, 2013

There are various old buildings in the wide grounds of the Agra Fort. That was big-scale than I thought it was. Most of the buildings had tremendous power. The Agra Fort is extremely wonderful beyond description. A Japanese guidebook for travelers describes this castle as "Museum of the monument". That's right! I think it is suitable words. The museums are full of monument which the sense of beauty of the each Emperor's reflected. And, I stopped in front of one building. It's Musamman Burj. This tower is noble and graceful building. However, I had mixed feelings when I was watching this tower. Because there was too much grief, and love-hate relationship between parents and child there.

1  Thank kk-hwglth38