“Nice hotel, but too far from the Taj Mahal”
Review of Hotel Marina

Hotel Marina
Ranked #103 of 142 Hotels in Agra
New York
Reviewed March 5, 2006

The hotel looked and felt like a Holiday Inn from the U.S., which was a little disconcerting. The staff was helpful and courteous, the room clean and nicely appointed, and the restaurant was fine.

Downsides:
- Distance from Taj Mahal, about half hour away due to horribly congested road
- Dinner doesn't start until 7:30. Since we just stopped over for the night, we were starved and had to wait around.
- Buffet breakfast was not good

Although we had a good experience, I would not recommend the hotel to others due to the distance from the Taj Mahal. You come to Agra to see the monument and your hotel should be more conveniently located.

• Stayed: February 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Hotel Marina

Reviewed January 3, 2006

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT!! This hotel is the worst I have stayed so far in my life. Rooms are dirty, towels are dirty (as mentioned by other reviewers also). They stole my sports coat (worth $100+) between front desk and my room, when asked, one (out of 2) of the bell boy simply denied that he even saw the coat while other bell boy could confirm that they had a coat for the delivery in my room at the time of arrival. I further complained to the line manager and they simply shrugged by saying oh! it is just lost. Hello! aren't you going to do something about this? Answer was flat no. I called Holiday Inn 800 number from India, 1-800-423-0908 and the lady assured me some action, but so far I haven't heard back from any of them. So I am assuming my coat has been lost. I would stay away from this hotel and won't fall for a cheap price at all, because of dishonest staff and unresponsive management. Rather I would pay little higher and have a peace of my mind.

• Stayed: December 2005
10  Thank birdpen
Reviewed December 20, 2005

We were booked at a much more expensive hotel, and our Indian friend's dad suggested a move to here. The price was right, and its what you'd expect from a chain hotel. Decent room that's clean enough, many TV channels to distract you and a restaurant if you're too lazy to venture outside. We ate at the restaurant, and I can't remember much about it, so it must have been average too. =) All in all, a decent stopover if you get a good rate. Not a fleatrap, not a palace.

3  Thank madtowngirl
Mumbai, India
Reviewed December 17, 2005

Very nice hotel..

Reviewed December 5, 2005

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst in Agra.
Lovely room, very much a business hotel rather than tourist, but still comfortable.
Lovely food in restaurant and good service. Would recommend it.
Room and pool areas both clean

3  Thank HelzBelz
Denmark
Reviewed November 18, 2005

To visit Taj Mahal in the evening and in the morning, we had to stay 1 night in Agra. Holiday Inn offered online instant booking and was chosen. Our stay was terrible. The room was dirty at arrival. The staff promised to clean it, but it was never done. Laundry service was offered, but only if you stayed for 2 nights. Taj Mahal was far away, about 20-30 minutes by car. I dont understand how this hotel has got its Holiday Inn name.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 2, 2005

Rooms good, reception good and helpful, but this hotel is let down by poor restaurant and bar service. The food is only average and the restaurant furniture is dirty and food stained. Restaurant staff uniforms leave much to be desired in terms of cleanliness! Holiday Inn in Jaipur is much better.

• Stayed: March 2005
4  Thank CThomson
Travelers also viewed these Agra hotels
Hotel Atithi, Agra
Hotel Taj Resorts
#17 of 142 in Agra
The Gateway Hotel, Agra
The Oberoi Amarvilas

Been to Hotel Marina? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Marina

Address: 16/2/8, Commercial Complex Sanjay Place, M.G. Road, Agra 282002, India (Formerly Holiday Inn)
Location: India > Uttar Pradesh > Agra District > Agra
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #103 of 142 Hotels in Agra
Price Range: $54 - $71 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Marina 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Marina Hotel Agra