So, I'll try keep this objective (though I think the place sucks!).
1. if you're curious to see what it's like in a service environment where not one single person smiles, this is the place to go. Let's be clear, I can't stand the "Miami-fake-smiles", but this place is populated by the most miserable looking staff we've ever met.
2. standard is run down... in fact, when I raised an issue even a senior member of the hotel staff said "I actually think the star rating of this place is much higher than it should be, not like places I worked before" (says something, doesn't it). of course, they're working on that.... in fact they were renovating as we arrived and the lobby looked as a construction site (they just forgot to mention that when I called and asked if the pool was working again since another review here alerted me to the POOL renovation.. "yes sir, renovation is done" (guess they only thought of the pool)
3. price is HIGH. Not liking the hotel, I checked in with Sheraton to maybe change as we arrived. Now Sheraton IS a luxury place with great amenities, and their rack price was LOWER than the Howard's (no, we didn't change - couldn't since we booked via net)
4. Restauran sucks... 32 confused waiters, not nice food... in fact, I think the "resraurant" is only geared for the 'all inclusive' tourists arriving with package tours in the buses.
Ok, enough now.. I can go on, but frankly it comes down to this: if you visit Agra, do.... not.... waste.. your... money... here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gracious interiors, personalised service and Howard Plaza Agra's unique location are complemented by Agra's glittering monument to love, the Taj Mahal, this tranquil retreat is an best spot for a business or leisure stay, offering a magnificent view of The Taj Mahal from Beautiful roof top Terrace Restaurant (Terrace Grill), Rejuvenating Experience of relaxation (Elixir SPA), a mellow dramatic view of the bustling city through front tea patio (East India Company, Tea Lounge) and a fine spread of Indian Delicacies (Rendezvous). All the exclusive 86 well appointed rooms in this hotel near Taj Mahal are incorporated with safety lockers, In-room mini bar, and LCD Televisions. In order to maintain the highest standards of hospitality and luxury, Howard Plaza Agra also offers currency exchange, tour desk, wake-up service and many more facilities that make more than just a comfortable stay. Incorporating business facilities like wireless internet access, comfortable furnishing and well trained staff for assistance, our hotel in Agra is well-suited for corporate as well as leisure traveler. After a tiring day, guests can also relax at the swimming pool and spa, with sauna, steam bath and Jacuzzi. Guests can savour some sumptuous and beautifully presented cuisine at restaurants of Howard Plaza or have their favorite drinks at Terrace Grill Bar and Lounge, or just relax and have some yummy treat at Rendezvous, all day dining. Howard Plaza promotes it self as an affordable, friendly and best price option in the city with unique close location to Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and with a variety of restaurants and cafes in walking proximity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Plaza The Fern Agra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Sarovar Portico Hotel Agra
- Park Plaza Hotel Agra
- Park Plaza Agra
- Agra Park Plaza
- Howard Park Plaza Agra