2,283 results
All reviews taj view taj group puppet show indian restaurant rooftop bar swimming pool an upgrade coffee shop excellent hospitality restaurant staff golden triangle tour red fort welcome drink front office courteous staff buffet breakfast comfortable stay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Staff is absolutely caring and takes really good care of you. We really enjoyed and loved our stay.
We had a room with a view of Taj Mahal amazing it was. The roof top restaurant had an awesome view..

Room Tip: Room with city view.
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
JitendraSL, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Fatehabad Road, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am pleased to note that we met your expectations and you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us.

I am glad to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guest. I have shared your feedback with the entire team, and this will not only motivate them but all of us to strive for creating only exceptional experiences for our guests.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Comfortable with the indian touch. Staff is very courteous.. Sylvia at the reception desk with a beaming smile ensured that our stay was cherishable with a personal touch.. Keep up the good work.. The buffet spread is limited but the dessert section is much better than other five stars..

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am glad to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guest. I have shared your feedback with the entire team, specially with Silvia, and this will not only motivate them but all of us to strive for creating only exceptional experiences for our guests.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff is friendly like in most Indian hotels but the standard is very average.
When we stayed at the hotel in Sept 2018 some kind of renovation work was going on which went into the early hours of the evening.
If you happen to get a hotel room facing the main entrance you should get a nice view of the Taj Mahal which is a bonus.
This seems to be one of the few hotels that offer complimentary wifi.
The buffet is ok but not great. The hotel doesn't offer a lot of facilities other than a pool and maybe a spa. There are a couple of shops on the ground level with very eager sales people.

Room Tip: Try to get a room between 3-5th floor facing the main street

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We regret to note that your overall stay with the hotel was not up to your expectations.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, We had a room with a view of the Taj which was fantastic. The staff here were friendly and accommodated all our needs. Opening the door and greeted us pleasantly, and the breakfast staff remembered our tea and coffee orders. We were to stay 4 nights but changed our plans to stay three nights, the hotel was kind enough to include our breakfast on the 3 mornings free/ in exchange for the 4th night we couldn't use.
We did have to change rooms on the 3rd night, unfortunately, this bed was saggy and but the first 2 nights bed was great. The 3rd night the room was quieter as the window sealed properly. Just a few things that might be worth knowing if you score a bad room.
The hotel restaurant was average, I did go by myself, being a woman is interesting being in India at any time. ( It did cost me what we paid elsewhere for me and my husband to eat)
Definitely, recommend this hotel for your stay in Agra, and 2 nights, unless the first night is really late arriving, is plenty in Agra

Room Tip: If the bed or the noise is too much ask for a different room as per review
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
JitendraSL, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Fatehabad Road, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am glad to know that your experience was excellent. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guest. I have shared your feedback with the entire team, and this will not only motivate them but all of us to strive for creating only exceptional experiences for our guests.

Please be assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and will be put to good use. We rely on the constructive feedback of our discerning guests to help us achieve the highest levels of services.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Had a wonderful stay here. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Made us feel right at home. The food was amazing and the jalebis served for breakfast are the best i have ever had! I would come back just for the jalebis. Loved how the staff were concerned about what our 4 year old would eat in the day and packed us takeaways.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Taj Hotels & Resorts
JitendraSL, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Fatehabad Road, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am glad to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guest. I have shared your feedback with the entire team, specially with Geeta, Rahul & Dinesh,and this will not only motivate them but all of us to strive for creating only exceptional experiences for our guests.