2,264 results
All reviewstaj viewtaj grouppuppet showindian restaurantrooftop barswimming poolan upgradecoffee shopexcellent hospitalityrestaurant staffgolden triangle tourred fortwelcome drinkfront officecourteous staffbuffet breakfastcomfortable stay
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I had very good experience over the TAJ GATEWAY HOTEL as i stayed over there. My check in was on 12 Aug 2018 and check out on 14 Aug 2018. During my stay i was first heartly welcomed by a very beautiful Lady over the Gate by religiously ceremony of Tikaa on my forehead and chilled Mausami juice and specially my kid was offered a TEDDY TOY. My daughter was very excited to have it.Then within few minutes the Reception team show me the rooms as i was with my Brother in law so we booked 2 rooms. Only one shortcoming was that the reception team has not given us 2 close by rooms as there is construction going on so tey managed to offer us 2 rooms on the same floor. So i was happy as i can understand renovation is going on so may be less no. of rooms are available.'Above all i was surprised to see when i entered my room as the room was well decorated with beautifull flowers and a nice WEDDING ANNIVERSARY CARD lying on my bed and the hotel person clicked our photograph with decorated room and 2 complimentary copies of photographs were given to us as a memory on my special day and not its ending as in the evening hotel persons serve us a beautiful Eggless cake on my demand along with cutlery to cut and celebrate.Really I have no words to thank the team.As i check in one drawback i found that there was no waterjet in the washroom so i complained to the reception and immediately they not only changed my room rather upgraded to upper level room with bathtub. We were all very happy to see this. My stay was very comfortable as i was thinking there will be noise as the work was going in the nearby rooms due to renovation but the team told me that after 4:30 pm all work stops so as they did.Another feather on the hat was their Swimming pool as it was very clean and beautiful to swim over there as they provided us the required bath towels and swim tubes as i am not a good swimmer. we enjoyed swimming in the pool.Hotel has restaurant there was our complimentary meals. The food is so yummy that i have not any word to thanks the team over there in the restaurant. The restaurant spread was great... Fresh fruits , juices , variety of tea. Really its a 5 star spread. All the restaurant persons are so nice with good etiquette and always prompt to help us.Thay never use word NO for anything even if it is not in our meal buffet. In the buffet there was a spinach soup that wife did not like and he was saying to me it is not good and i will not have it. The restaurant person was standing behind us and he immediately asked me to offer any other variety of soup and i said VEG MONCHOW and he immediately prepared 5 veg monchow soup for us. I have never ever seen such hospitality in my life. Really team deserves 5 STAR rating for restaurant esp. Mr. MADAN MOHAN CHOPRA as he is a very humble and Lovable guy as he was always standing behind us to take any order despiate of being a Chief Restaurant Manager. He talks politely and let us feel a homely environment as he also has Relatives from my native city Amritsar( Putlighar). We feel very homely environment when we talk to Mr. M.M.Chopra. Next day we visited TAJ and other historic monuments like AGRA FORT. Next day early morning we have to catch the train so we contacted Mr.M.M.Chopra to pack our breakfast as we usually take breakfast little late so he packed an ample amount of PRANTHA and BATHURE CHANA in a very good packing that we realise not only in the breakfast but the quantity was so much we enjoyed our Lunch in the train also.Mr. AZHAR is a very nice person on the reception as he helped me to check it out in the early morning and due to some technical error my TIC membership is not getting linked with my bill so he promised me to register a new TIC and he offered me to send this to my email id when its registred.Thanks Mr. AZHAR for all this.I will visit the GATEWAY TAJ again in my life when i will come back to AGRA as i had very good experience over there.THANKS TAJ TEAM and keep it up.ALL THE BEST.RegardsArvind Bhardwaj

Room Tip: Top roof rooms have good view of TAJ MAHAL
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank drarvind007
JitendraSL, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor.

I am glad to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. I am delighted to note that you found the people, food and location great, and services to be excellent. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guest. I appreciate your positive feedback on food and friendly staff with good service. I have shared your feedback with the entire team and to Madan and Azhar for whom this will be a great source of motivation and this will strive for creating exceptional experiences for our guests.

Guests such as yourself are the true inspiration behind our philosophy towards hospitality and our effort remains to thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation of our services. We believe that people make a hotel special, giving it heart and soul continuously engage in guest satisfaction and service excellence.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

As part of a short tour between New Delhi and Agra. The Gateway was our hotel for our visit to Taj Mahal, Red Fort, baby Taj etc.

We were made most welcome with front of house Dev, Anil and the charming Nisha all took great care of us dealing with our check in, our passports, our left luggage.

We were late back from our tour so we missed the lunch time. It was not a problem. They told us to relax and that they would prepare a special Thali for us to have at our convenience.

When it was about time to leave. I was offered the use of a room to shower up even though it was late afternoon and we had long since checked out.

Fabulous service and attention. Thank you kind staff .

Food was good. They had buffets at breakfast time and dinner time. Presumably also at lunchtime.

The garden was clean and tidy. The swimming pool a welcome sight, beautifully designed and laid out.

In the evening they had a talented Puppeteer who called himself Lucky. He provided free entertainment showing his 3rd generation skills as a puppet performer. If you wanted reasonably priced handmade puppets were available.

Inside the hotel there was a few shops that sold clothes and other souvenirs.

The rooms and hotel itself very clean, lots of marble. Nice.

I would have no problem going back to stay at The Gateway.

And of course Taj Mahal and Baby Taj were magnificent. Well worth the trip, I advise you!!!!

Thanks again Anil, Dev and Nisha. Sorry it took so long to post the review I promised.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank mun wey t
JitendraSL, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel Agra!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your feedback.I am pleased to note that we met your expectations and you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us.

We are overwhelmed to read your kind words of appreciation for our services. I have conveyed your compliments to the team and to Anil, Dev and Nisha for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

It is our constant endeavor to provide our guests with the highest level of comfort and to make their stay truly memorable. Appreciation such as yours increases our motivation to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Gateway Hotel Agra.

We are grateful for your recommendation and do hope you will continue to provide us with more opportunities to be of service.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

Location is good. Rooms and swimming pool cleanliness is excellent. Food is nice. Variety in buffet is just sufficiently optimum. Restaurant and reception staff is exemplarily co-operative and caring.

Room Tip: Perfect rooms
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jitenderchotani
JitendraSL, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor.

I am glad to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. I am delighted to note that you found the people, food and location great, and services to be excellent. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guest.I have shared your feedback with the entire team, to whom this will strive for creating only exceptional experiences for our guests.

Reviewed August 5, 2018

This was my third time staying at this hotel. After a long flight from Canada, it comes as quite an oasis to get over that jet lag. Despite hearing that a portion of property was under renovation this time, I did not see any evidence of this i.e. no noise, no messy hallways etc. that are often associated with this. Such work must be going on very discreetly. Once again, the staff treated me like family, food and service were both perfect, and room was both clean and comfortable. This has become my go to place when visiting Agra.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank 546arrow
JitendraSL, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor.

I am glad to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. I am delighted to note that you found the people and food great, and services to be perfect. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guest. I appreciate your positive feedback on food and friendly staff with good service. I have shared your feedback with the entire team, to whom this will strive for creating only exceptional experiences for our guests.

Reviewed August 5, 2018

Much better options for this price point in the area. This is at best a 3 star, not a 5 star as advertised. Rooms look and feel old, beds in bad shape. Bathrooms were adequate for a lodge. Lots of better options in the area, at same price

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business

Greetings from The Gateway Hotel Agra!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We regret to note that your overall stay with the hotel was not up to your expectations.

Please be assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and will be put to good use.

We rely on the constructive feedback of our discerning guests to help us achieve the highest levels of services.