2,265 results
All reviewstaj viewtaj grouppuppet showindian restaurantrooftop barswimming poolan upgradecoffee shopexcellent hospitalityrestaurant staffgolden triangle tourred fortwelcome drinkfront officecourteous staffbuffet breakfastcomfortable stay
Reviewed September 12, 2017

The stay at Taj Gateway was a great experience. We had booked our room in advance through the taj website, which was very user friendly, and got an immediate confirmation. When we arrived at the hotel, we were welcomed in traditional Indian Style. As we had done advance reservations, no time was wasted at the reception for check in formalities and we were straight away taken to our rooms where we filled in the customary forms. The room was very nice and comfortable. On the second day of our stay, once we came back in our room, we were greeted by small 'Lord Ganesha' in the form of towel art, which felt very good. Similarly on our third day our room was decorated with a pair of swans and a Big 'Ganesha'. The hotel staff was very courteous and helpful through out our stay. In the evenings, arrangement of puppet show, magic show and live Sitar was there everyday. The food in the restaurants is amazing. The swimming pool is also very nice and was well subscribed by us. Overall it was an amazing experience for us to stay at Taj Gateway in the City of Taj Mahal.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 331amitt
Paramveer S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and are happy to read that the products and services exceeded your expectations.

I am delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. Warm welcome, your room, personalized services, delicious room, location and various entertainment arrangements which we made for our guests like Puppet show, Magic show & Live Sitar Playing, left a great impression on you. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guests.

I have conveyed your gracious comments to the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

We also thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation of our services. We believe that people make a hotel special, giving it heart and soul. Guests such as yourself are the true inspiration behind our philosophy towards hospitality and our effort remains to continuously engage in guest satisfaction and service excellence.

I am delighted to know that our team was able to create some fond memories for you with friendly gestures and courteous service. They have yet again made me proud!

It was an absolute delight to have been of service to you and we all await your return to stay with us soon.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write the review and recommending the hotel. Please feel free to contact and it will be my pleasure to assist you if you have any questions and other concerns.

Reviewed September 11, 2017

Nice hotel lovely staff full marks alround will com again we enjoyed the food and the swimming pool was very welcome and to see the monkeys,the hotel is walking distance from here 15 min walking distance only we had a fun to this hotel and front office very helpful...

Room Tip: All good rooms
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Paramveer S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. Warm welcome, your room, delicious food, personalized services & location left a great impression on you. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guests.

Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

Dont go by the looks of the building bcoz once you enter the staff at the reception will treat you nicely as per taj standards. Tough a lower category of TAJ hotels they leave no stone unturned in making your stay comfortable
The rooms are nice especially the ones on the top floor with a view of the TAJ
Very efficient service and great hospitality.NO regrets

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and are happy to read that the products and services exceeded your expectations and the you enjoyed the views of Taj Mahal.

Reviewed September 11, 2017

I recently stayed at the Taj Gateway Hotel, Agra - I had an exceptional experience. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to one of the top floor suites overlooking the Taj Mahal - amazing views, and luxurious suite. Included provision of fresh fruit, chocolates and "turn down dessert" to add to the experience. I recommend the rooftop dinner, although this is extra. Also excellent spa.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank T5595RDjoannar

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and are happy to read that the products and services exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the views of Taj Mahal from room and Sky deck.

Reviewed September 10, 2017

I would like to thank everyone working in Taj Gateway Hotel Agra for making our stay a memorable one. From the time we checked in and till check-out, the staff ensured that everything is in order for us. The hospitality of staff members is something we will never forget. All of the staff people are very courteous and humble. I have so many good memories to carry with us. We have a long list of people to whom we need to thank for making our stay one of the best ever: Thanks to Riya for the warm welcome we received at the time of check-in. Special thanks to Sidhant (Manager) who was very courteous and one instance where though he was too busy with work at the reception still picked up one very small thing which could have been ignored by many but Sidhant ensured that once a guest is in his hotel then the best of the services should be extended. The instance is as follows: My father due to bad throat did not take the welcome drink and Sidhant on seeing the glass left by my father and on understanding that he is not well sent Ginger tea directly in the room. Thanks Sidhant for extending this courtesy to the hotel guests. We really appreciated your actions. Thanks Geeta Kumari/ Mahesh/ Shurhil and others for decorating our room 414 beautifully on occasion of my wife’s birthday. They way you all made the birthday cake with towel and tissues were amazing. Thanks for the efforts you all put in. Special thanks to the Manager (name forgotten) who sent two birthday cakes in our room. We first got a cake at around 16:30 hours which was with egg and when the said manager got to know that we prefer eggless cake then another cake was sent to us at around 19:30 hours. You made my wife’s birthday a memorable one with this. At the Coffee shop, we had an amazing time and the food was really good. The mocktail served to us was very nicely made and we enjoyed it completely. Mr. Madan, Mr. Thomas and the chef’s around ensured that we enjoy every bite of our food which we actually did. Thanks Mr. Khushnood for ensuring a smooth check-out without any hassle. The list is too long but not to forget Mr. Hari/ Mr. Rajan and other staff members for ensuring our belongings are kept safe. I might have missed few names but will not forget them. All I can say to them is “THANKYOU ALL and SEE YOU AGAIN”

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family