2,283 results
All reviews taj view taj group puppet show indian restaurant rooftop bar swimming pool an upgrade coffee shop excellent hospitality restaurant staff golden triangle tour red fort welcome drink front office courteous staff buffet breakfast comfortable stay
Reviewed August 19, 2017

Very friendly and helpful staff, Excellent Food,Good location.Big property has lawns etc .
Only problem is the Pool area which was slippery. Rooms size could be better, the carpets are a sure putoff.
Reception and Food & Beverage are Taj class, delicious dinner menu & Front desk staff makes the stay worth all the money spent.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Paramveer S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Fatehabad Road, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and are happy to read that the products and services exceeded your expectations.

I am delighted to know that every aspect of your experience was excellent. Your room, personalized services and location left a great impression on you. It feels so special to receive such feedback from our guests and I am overwhelmed each time by the commitment of our team to create fond memories of our guests.

I have conveyed your gracious comments to the entire team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration.

I am delighted to know that our team was able to create some fond memories for you with friendly gestures and courteous service. They have yet again made me proud!
I have also made a good note of your constructive feedback referring to numerous aspects of our services, please be assured that your feedback will be taken most seriously to work on and deliver the standard expected from us.

It was an absolute delight to have been of service to you and we all await your return to stay with us soon.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write the review and recommending the hotel. Please feel free to contact and it will be my pleasure to assist you if you have any questions and other concerns.

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Was there in jhankar restaurant as they were having Bengali food festival, the food was very good specially the fish in banana leaf , fish curry and in desert misthi dahi must visit the festival is till 20th Aug

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Paramveer S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Fatehabad Road, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2017

Reviewed August 15, 2017

Went there after more than 12 years. Had taken a Taj View room and the view was exceptionally good. The hotel now looks even more beautiful and plush then ever (is a small property so feels quite warm and cozy as well as compared to newer hotels now). Had requested for an early check in and the front desk was more than happy to accommodate our request - many thanks Sylvia, she even allotted us room with two queen sized beds (so did not require an extra bed for the kids). Rooms are spacious and nice, though the bath tubs can be a bit bigger. The Hotel has great 'Sky Deck' with wonderful views of the Taj Mahal, not to be missed, its serves fixed menu meals and full bar. Had a good time. They may consider adding a full fledged kids club experience for the young ones as well. Overall quite satisfied with Taj Hotel and their impeccable service and courtesy quality. Shall surely return.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Paramveer S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Fatehabad Road, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and are happy to read that the products and services exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the overall ambiance and views of Tajmahal from Skydeck and room.

We also thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation of our services. We believe that people make a hotel special, giving it heart and soul. Guests such as yourself are the true inspiration behind our philosophy towards hospitality and our effort remains to continuously engage in guest satisfaction and service excellence.

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

Spent a Friday night here, having travelled from Delhi airport. Hotel is Art Deco design with what appeared to be some original features. Rooms were pleasant enough, we stayed on the 4th floor with a view to the Taj Mahal.
We ate in the restaurant which was set up for a Bengalese food festival, food was great. Meal for two with 3 glasses of local wine and a couple of sweet lime sodas came to 5400 INR.
Breakfast was plentiful, staff were very helpful and attentive. You cannot go wrong in a taj hotel for breakfast, always a great experience.
As for locality from the hotel to the Taj Mahal, it's a 5 minute drive and a few minutes extra to the Red Fort.
This hotel is very good for a central stay in Agra.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you and are happy to read that the products and services exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the overall ambiance.

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

As I read the hotel was a 5 stars we were expecting something a bit more luxurious and were quite disappointed. The food was very average. I ordered fish & chips from the menu and there were so bad I couldn't finish it. The facilities are old. If it was a 3 stars it would be ok but I think this hôtel is definitely over rated. Staffs are very helpful at the beginning but after the service wasn't that good. The view of the Taj Mahal was good but if i had to go back to Agra i wouldn't stay there.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Paramveer S, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Fatehabad Road, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to know that the staff were able to create a positive impression during your stay.

However it is with regret that I note your disappointment with regards to a number of aspects where we fell short in meeting your expectations.

We really value your feedback offered to us. It is with much regret that I read of this unsatisfactory experience of yours and please accept my sincere apologies for the same. We sincerely believe that it is only by accepting and working on constructive feedback from our guests that we can achieve the highest levels of service that we aspire towards.

I have studied your feedback and have discussed the same in detail with the concerned teams. We regret that your experience in this instance was less than satisfactory. I have had a detailed conversation with the concerned teams; however these are such regretful shortfalls that have taken place which could have been handled better. We will definitely better train our team in being more sensitive towards our guests needs and looking into details.

Your experience is certainly not representative of the care and service we strive to provide for our guests at The Gateway Hotel and I will personally follow this up to avoid any repetition of such an experience in the future. I do appreciate you taking the time to bring the matter to our attention.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future and to ensure that you have a truly memorable experience. Please feel free to contact me and it will be my pleasure to assist you if you have any questions and other concerns.