2,263 results
All reviewstaj viewtaj grouppuppet showindian restaurantrooftop barswimming poolan upgradecoffee shopexcellent hospitalityrestaurant staffgolden triangle tourred fortwelcome drinkfront officecourteous staffbuffet breakfastcomfortable stay
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed there for 1 night in Apr 14. Its's a nice hotel with great lawn and an average pool. Dinner in coffee shop was not so great but the splendid breakfast breakfast menu did the trick. Service of Hotel staff is nice as expected from a reputed 5 star hotel. However, not all pool facing rooms are actually pool facing...trick is to take room at higher floor...the ones on forst 2-3 floors are hardly poll view.

Room Tip: Take a pool view room instead of Taj view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
PulkesinM, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time in evaluating our product and services.
We are glad that you liked the hotel and our services. The little touches that the team does go a long way to delight our guests, your feedback has just reassured us of this fact.

I have taken your feedback regarding The dinner being average and have shared the feedback with the kitchen team . The positive feedback about the breakfast and service has also been discussed with the GAD team.

It is our endeavor to provide our guest with the highest level of comfort and to make their stay memorable and your appreciation is indeed rewarding.

I thank you once again for this wonderful review of our hotel and look forward to the delight of having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed at the hotel during the easter weekend (18-20 Apr 2014). Its a nice cosy hotel providing right amenties at appropriate price. We took the Taj view executive room, view was good but the bed was small. I suggest a king size bed should be there. Food was fantastic & chef provided personal attention to the details. Staff was courteous & always helping. Garden & pool though small but good enough for evening strolls & enjoyment. We recommend stay at Gateway Hotel which is a nice property to stay in Agra.

Room Tip: Take the room at top floors to avoid road side traffic noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted to read your fantastic review and sincerely thank you for your encouraging and kind words of praise for our product, restaurants, food and services.

Your compliments have been shared with the entire team, for whom it will be great source of inspiration.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Had looked through the reviews prior to the booking so was right in line with what I expected.

It was a clean hotel and with marble floors. The bathroom decor as noted by one reviewer was a bit dated but not really any issue. Surprised to see physical keys for the door.

We arrived late and ate in the 24 hour restaurant that had a decent India buffet and include a pasta bar that was very good. Breakfast also buffet and eggs to order.

There is a view of the Taj Mahl on the street side, but it is not lit at night so really not visible. During the day it is visible but you do have to look far out to see it. Not quite what I had imagined, but it was there. Otherwise the street view is typical India...

Booked via their website and ended up with a non-refundable rate when was really looking for a refundable - would have done one of the major sites if doing non-refundable. Was not clear when booking and then was all of sudden committed.

No issues with registration or checkout.

Generally overall very satisfied. Not one of the 5 stars in Delhi but fine for an Agra visit.

Room Tip: Can see the Taj Mahal from the upper floors but is in the distance and not visible at night.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us during your visit to Agra

We cannot thank you enough for taking time to update your experience on Trip Advisor. Your time and praise is overwhelming and precious to us.

It is our constant effort to ensure we meet up with the services, facilities and products that our guests have come to expect from us. Feedback such as this will encourage us to strive for even higher standards of service.
We are grateful for your recommendation and do hope you will continue to provide us with more opportunities to be of service.

Regards,

Reviewed April 23, 2014

The service in this hotel was fantastic! I was there for two nights and was ill on the day I got there. The staff ensured my stay was as comfortable as possible, making me specific food and recommending food that would make me feel better. They truly provided individual service and helped me get better. Gaurav and his staff were great, it is a shame I cannot remember all the staff names as they were all fantastic!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mohammad I

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time to review us on Trip Advisor. Your time and feedback is precious to us.

We are happy to note your positive comments on our product and service.

I have also conveyed your gracious comments to the team and especially to the front office team , for whom it been a tremendous source of inspiration.

I am happy to know that the team at The Gateway Agra was able to personalize your service experience and help you in time of need. We wish you a healthy year ahead

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to Agra and to our hotel on your next visit .

Warm Regards

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for one night and I genuienly don't have words to express how awesome the experience was. The hotel is great but the service is impeccable and superb. They made us feel really special. Everybody was really helpful from Gaurav at the check-in counter to Tanya who showed us our room. I would like to give special appreciation for Tanya. Before she took us to our room she explained us the entire hotel structure and various facilities. She even recommended us SKYDECK and various other recreational activites present at the hotel. We had a great time playing badminton, basketball and relaxing in the pool. Unlike other 5 stars the food was really tasty and quite economical. Even the breakfast was really good and they had a lot of variety. The only thing that I didn't like was that when he had ordered room service the guy came and rang the bell besides the fact that I had hanged Do not disturb sign at the door. Overall it was a super awesome experience and I would recommend this place to anybody who would visit Agra.

Room Tip: Take a room with Taj's view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AC1203

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are overwhelmed to read your kind words of appreciation for our product and service.

I have conveyed your compliments to the team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. The Front Office team especially Gaurav and Tanya were pleased to know that their efforts were so well appreciated.
I have also noted the glitch in the In room dining service and would like to assure you that we are taking corrective action in this regard