2,267 results
All reviewstaj viewtaj grouppuppet showindian restaurantrooftop barswimming poolan upgradecoffee shopexcellent hospitalityrestaurant staffgolden triangle tourred fortwelcome drinkfront officecourteous staffbuffet breakfastcomfortable stay
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The service in this hotel was fantastic! I was there for two nights and was ill on the day I got there. The staff ensured my stay was as comfortable as possible, making me specific food and recommending food that would make me feel better. They truly provided individual service and helped me get better. Gaurav and his staff were great, it is a shame I cannot remember all the staff names as they were all fantastic!

1  Thank Mohammad I
PulkesinM, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time to review us on Trip Advisor. Your time and feedback is precious to us.

We are happy to note your positive comments on our product and service.

I have also conveyed your gracious comments to the team and especially to the front office team , for whom it been a tremendous source of inspiration.

I am happy to know that the team at The Gateway Agra was able to personalize your service experience and help you in time of need. We wish you a healthy year ahead

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to Agra and to our hotel on your next visit .

Warm Regards

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for one night and I genuienly don't have words to express how awesome the experience was. The hotel is great but the service is impeccable and superb. They made us feel really special. Everybody was really helpful from Gaurav at the check-in counter to Tanya who showed us our room. I would like to give special appreciation for Tanya. Before she took us to our room she explained us the entire hotel structure and various facilities. She even recommended us SKYDECK and various other recreational activites present at the hotel. We had a great time playing badminton, basketball and relaxing in the pool. Unlike other 5 stars the food was really tasty and quite economical. Even the breakfast was really good and they had a lot of variety. The only thing that I didn't like was that when he had ordered room service the guy came and rang the bell besides the fact that I had hanged Do not disturb sign at the door. Overall it was a super awesome experience and I would recommend this place to anybody who would visit Agra.

Room Tip: Take a room with Taj's view
1  Thank AC1203

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are overwhelmed to read your kind words of appreciation for our product and service.

I have conveyed your compliments to the team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. The Front Office team especially Gaurav and Tanya were pleased to know that their efforts were so well appreciated.
I have also noted the glitch in the In room dining service and would like to assure you that we are taking corrective action in this regard

It is our endeavor to provide our guest with the highest level of comfort and to make their stay memorable and your appreciation is indeed rewarding.

I thank you once again for this wonderful review of our hotel and look forward to the delight of having more opportunities to be of service to you.

We are grateful for your recommendation and do hope you will continue to provide us with more opportunities to be of service.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

This hotel didnt feel like a 5 star hotel at all. The whole hotel is old and tired looking, and the room wasnt so nice too. I was shocked to see that the pipes in the bathroom were rusty and old. We got the Taj facing room and you can only see the Taj in the day (it's not lit at night) but it isnt much of a spectacular view. The whole night there was a loud mechanical sound coming from the outside of the room, like a generator or something (our room was on the 5th floor near the lift). The service at the restaurant was horrendously slow and we eventually walked out because they hadnt even taken our order after calling them for 10 mins. We walked out of the hotel, turned right and found a Subway somewhere down the street but I would advise NOT TO EAT THERE because I came down with terrible food poisoning after that meal.

1  Thank Jasmin K

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time in evaluating our product and services.

With regards to the room, I regret that it did not meet your approval. While all our rooms are extremely well appointed and comfortable, we also have a small inventory of more contemporary styled rooms and I will be happy to personally show them to you on your next visit.

Also I have taken your feedback regarding the service at our coffee shop GAD. I am deeply perturbed by the fact that you were not attended for 10 minutes. I sincerely apologize for the same and would like to get in touch with you with regards to this incidence. Please feel free to contact me at + 91 8171717246 or at Pulkesin.mohan@tajhotels.com
I do hope you will not allow this to mar your opinion of the hotel and that you will give us another chance to showcase our hospitality and services. We value your patronage and would request you to return to stay with us on your future visits.

Sincere regards,

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We recently stayed for one night at the Gateway Hotel during a visit to India. We had limited time at the property as we arrived around 8PM and departed at noon the next day following an early morning visit to the Taj. Nevertheless our experience was positive.

Unlike the Taj Gateway in Varanasi this hotel has managed to increase its ambiance. It feels more luxe, with a beautiful lobby, and tastefully decorated hallways. Likewise the pool area feels very inviting and lush.

We had a nice room with a view of the Taj. We also ate at the hotel's Indian restaurant, which served very tasty food. In the morning, we enjoyed the nice breakfast buffet. Service was good throughout.

Again, no complaints and would definitely stay here again. Hope to stay longer next time!

Room Tip: View of Taj!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JMRDC75
PulkesinM, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that you liked the hotel & the service standards.

Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team and shall go a long way in ensuring that we keep up the impeccable service standards.
It is our constant effort to ensure we meet up with the services, facilities and products that our guests have come to expect from us. Feedback such as this will encourage us to strive for even higher standards of service.

It is our endeavor to ensure that every guest leaves as an ambassador of our hotel. We are delighted to read that we have exceeded your expectations.

We thank you once again for your appreciative feedback and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We recently spent 1 fantastic night at the gateway on our travelling holiday around India.
I cannot praise this hotel enough... It is impeccably clean, with delicious food and exceptional service. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to an Executive room with an outstanding and breathtaking view of the Taj Mahal. The room itself was beautifully laid out and decorated to a high standard. We ate in both the all day restaurant and the high end restaurant. Both had friendly and attentive staff and the food was top quality. We also used the travel desk to organise a driver for the day in order to fit in everything we wanted to see. Our driver Sunder was an absolute gentleman and made sure we saw everything Agra had to offer. We really felt like nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff which resulted in a relaxed and comfortable stay. We would like to say another massive thank you to everyone that works at the hotel and highly recommend it to anyone stopping in Agra. The only down side was that we only had 1 night there... But that's a good excuse to go back another time!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
PulkesinM, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team and especially with Sunder and shall go a long way in ensuring that we keep up the impeccable service standards.

It is our constant endeavor to provide our guests with the highest level of comfort and to make their stay truly memorable. Appreciation such as yours increases our motivation to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.