2,283 results
All reviews taj view taj group puppet show indian restaurant rooftop bar swimming pool an upgrade coffee shop excellent hospitality restaurant staff golden triangle tour red fort welcome drink front office courteous staff buffet breakfast comfortable stay
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed in this hotel at the end of March. Rooms are quite big and well appointed - at least for a hotel at this price point. All hotel employees went beyond their duty to cater to every need of the guests - this is what I have got used to expect from Taj in any way. Position of the hotel is good with close proximity to Taj and Agra Fort. You can see Taj from Taj facing rooms - but too many houses block the view in the day time and there is no light at Taj at night.

The only reason for deducting one star for an otherwise very good hotel is due to pathetic condition of hotel wifi signal. I paid for 24 hour wifi connection and hardly ever got any connection in my room from both my iPad and iPhone. When I contacted the front desk, the engineer in charge behaved as if he was hearing such complain for the first time. However while checking out, a different front desk personnel informed me that wifi connection was a big problem for them and they were on the process of redesigning the network. Till the time hotel wifi connection gets better, they should make the wifi complementary.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
PulkesinM, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Fatehabad Road, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that you liked the hotel & the service standards.

Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team and shall go a long way in ensuring that we keep up the impeccable service standards.

Your constructive observations about the WIFI have been duly noted and shall be reviewed on priority. Our apologies if you have felt that we fell short of your expectations on this stay. Do send us you contact details for us to discuss the observations with you personally.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to Agra and to our hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. It is clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The dinner buffet is a little limited in choice but the a la carte food is excellent. The hotel has a nice pool but you have to pay for wifi, even in the lobby, which was a big surprise. Our room was at the front of the hotel, facing the main road, although it wasn't noisy. It was a little dated but otherwise fine.

The hotel is in the middle of a commercial area which is a little threatening if you walk out of the hotel. I was actually clipped on the shoulder by a motorcyclist whilst walking on the 'footway'. Maybe we felt uncomfortable because we'd only recently arrived in India for our first visit and weren't used to the hassle and traffic.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor.

Your constructive observations about our rooms and wifi have been well noted and will be reviewed on priority. Our apologies, as we fell short of your expectations on this visit.

We are happy to read your compliments on our Specialty Restaurant Jhankar

Your positive sentiments have been shared with the team. I am sure this will go a long way to motivate them further to keep up the high levels of guest services.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Warm Regards

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I am generally a trident (Oberon) fan, but stay at Gateway Hotel was truly a memorable one. The staff was excellent and courteous, specially Gaurav and the housekeeping team. Take the executive room with a view of the taj. Once do try the dinner at the sky deck restaurant.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Sidkumar
PulkesinM, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Fatehabad Road, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are overwhelmed to read your kind words of appreciation for our product and service.

I have conveyed your compliments to the team especially Gaurav at the Front desk and house keeping team, for whom it has been a tremendous source of inspiration. We are happy to note your culinary experience at the SKYDECK.

It is our constant endeavor to provide our guests with the highest level of comfort and to make their stay truly memorable. Appreciation such as yours increases our motivation to achieve the expectations that our guests have of us.

We are grateful for your recommendation and do hope you will continue to provide us with more opportunities to be of service.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed 2 days there: this was a return trip from 6 years ago, when it was called Taj View.
Part of the third string chain of Taj, the hotel is still good value for money. It is well located (in the middle of a commercial area) and offers a good view of Taj Mahal. I paid for a top floor room, from where the view on the Taj Mahal is unobstructed by power lines etc., but unfortunately for nothing, due to very dense fog that apparently prevails throughout January. Rooms are well appointed, although the furniture is a bit dated. The same goes for the bathrooms.
Breakfast was average minus, while food in the restaurant was good and well served. I understand that they are now opening a roof top restaurant, which will be a definite plus.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view on Taj Mahal on the top 2 floors (more expensive but worth it)
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alpiot
PulkesinM, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Fatehabad Road, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us another opportunity to be of service to you during your visit to Agra.

The team and I sincerely are grateful for your time taken in posting your feedback on Trip Advisor

We are happy to note your positive comments on our product and service.

I am sorry to know that the fog could not enable you to have a wonderful view of Taj Mahal from your room which is a unique feature of our hotel .
I have also noted your comments about the breakfast and the matter has been taken up with the chef and the F& B manager and they have been asked to improve the quality of breakfast.
I was delighted to know that you did like your meal at our restaurant Jhankar.

Let me take this opportunity to introduce to you our new rooftop restaurant SKYDECK , where you can enjoy a full view of Taj Mahal and Agra fort while you are treated with the Royal Mughal Thali

I look forward to welcome you back to the Gateway Hotel Agra

Warm Regards

Reviewed March 25, 2014

The overall experience was good. The room was clean and appropriately appointed, if a bit dated in decor and style. The breakfast buffet had good variety. Not a top of the line hotel, but in its class it worked. Would be use it again, yes.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing time to review us on Trip Advisor. Your time and feedback is precious to us.

We are happy to note your positive comments about our food and service.

I have also conveyed your gracious comments to the team, for whom it been a tremendous source of inspiration.

I have also noted down your feedback about the rooms being dated and would like to inform you that we are in a process of a phased wise renovation of rooms in order to upgrade the property
The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Gateway Hotel Agra.

Yours sincerely,