“Average”

Ranked #24 of 145 Hotels in Agra
Oxford, UK
“Average”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is an ok hotel. Like many visitors to Agra, we were here just for a night to visit the Taj Mahal, so the quality of the hotel was not too much of an issue. I think a longer stay might have made the slightly unattentive staff and average rooms a bit wearing. The food is ok but I'd recommend heading into the city for dinner.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Location of hotel is great, Taj is at walking distance.

Room sizes are average but clean. Service is also average. food varies like breakfast was good but buffet (dinner) was short of options.

Look for deals in groupon they give value for money, otherwise its overpriced.

Room Tip: take room for hotel front side view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank a_deepak_in
Lucknow, India
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights and it was a very good experience.
Hotel was a good option for a short stay in Agra.
I would love to visit again.
Hotel Staff was very supportive.
Chef was of a pleasing personality. He met me with a warm welcome.
:-) :-)...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Patiala
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 5 nights and it was indeed a very good experience.
The hotel has ample parking space and good lobby and poolside lawn. The ambiance was great.
The room was clean, spacious but the noise from the road traffic was a little troublesome in the night.
The breakfast was very good but there was not much variations in the menu.
The room service was average and 'in room dining' options were too little and that too with no variations.
The Gym was horrible.
The staff was courteous and helpful all the time.
In nutshell the hotel is a good option for a short stay in Agra.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ghaziabad, India
Reviewed December 20, 2013

This hotel is not a 4 star hotel. It is just 3 star deluxe. If you are an Indian, never book a Hotel near Taj as Hotel's main focus is only on foreigners. I stayed on December 14 and just after check in we had buffet in Hotel (it was terrible and overpriced). Just one non-veg dish in buffet.

Few points:
1. Food is just average
2. No logic used in bath fittings, just randomly fitted
3. No standard TV channel (colors) in Cable TV. We missed our daily show.
4. Rates mentioned in room service menu are outdated, if you do not check the bill, they will overcharge without updating you. I got the bills corrected at the time of checkout, they made adjustments with a tensed face.
5. Reception staff is just average and should be trained.
6. No morning cleaning of your CAR available (even if you are willing to pay).
7. Food is the biggest problem, and it is overpriced and pathetic.
8. Bed mattress is old and uncomfortable. They will not change and ignore your complaint.

Overall, OK types 3 star hotel.

Ajeet

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel recently when visiting Taj Mahal. It is a hotel trying to act like a 5-star hotel (and pricey) but in reality the service quality we encountered and amenities were closer to a 2-star hotel. I have traveled many parts of the world and have stayed at 100's of hotels, this one was towards the low end of our list. Rooms were old, inadequate lighting, lack of thermostat control, furniture worn out, beds sagging, leaky shower and average breakfast in a noisy place with staff catering to overseas visitor more than who didn't like foreigners, did not go well with me. The safe in the room didn't open after it was locked. I needed to open it to get my passport; with taxi waiting outside and repeated calls to front desk, someone finally came after 25 minutes, seemed unhappy about having to come and he could not open it either. He called some engineer and finally after 35 minutes they were able to open the safe. I asked if this happens again, how soon I could get someone - he said he did not live in premises and will have to come from home to fix it and it could take a while. Needless to stay I did not use it again and had to carry all my valuables and cash with me to attractions all around, which is not something I wanted to do, but didn't have a choice.Beds did not have an extra bed sheet to cover ourselves (blankets didn't seem very clean); when requested, they brought extra sheets but they were still damp and obviously could not be used till they were dry. I then asked for an iron and ironing board, which the most horrible looking things I have ever seen. The hotel should be ashamed of themselves to send those to guests (I took pictures if management wants to see those). The ironing board was stained to the point that I was afraid my clothes would stain if I apply heat; the fabric cover on ironing board looked like it had not been washed for many years. I put that damp sheet on it to iron my clothes and didn't realize that there was some black gooey substance stuck to the bottom of the iron, which when heated, transferred on to my clothes. I could not get that black stuff off my clothes. I am going to stop here and not say more - hopefully hotel management will take notice and make improvements for future visitors.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Nand Kumar A, General Manager at Mansingh Palace, Agra, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Mansingh Palace Agra !
At the outset, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had during your stay with us. We are grateful for your time and inputs, and have taken immediate action on you feedback.
We would appreciate if you give us another opportunity to serve you better. Looking forward to hear from you.
Wishing you and your family a very happy and prosperous 2014.

Regards

Travelers are raving about these Agra hotels

Haldwani, India
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We enjoyed lot while Taj Mahal tour at Mansingh Palace, Agra.It was my third trip to Mansingh but It's first and Fabulous and memorable experience for all Kirola family with Mansingh Palace. Rooms are very spacious and neat, bedding is too comfortable, Food was too good and Executive Chef was very knowledgeable and helpful. After renovation rooms and restaurant became more better...by the time staying here the feeling of Royal and Mughal empirars is coming within us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Nand Kumar A, General Manager at Mansingh Palace, Agra, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Mr. Singh,

Thankyou very much for writing a very encouraging feedback. We always wanted to give the best of the services to our guest, so that they should have a memorable and enjoyable time.

Looking forward to have you again with us, Wishing you and family a very Happy and Properous 2014.

Thanks & Regards