“Great Hotel, Great Location”

Mansingh Palace, Agra
Ranked #19 of 147 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed only one night in the Mansingh Palace and wished it could have been more the room had a view of the Taj Mahal, it was clean and furnished to a good standard. The restaurant was very good and even though there was a large group there when we stayed, I felt the service was swift and friendly, checking out was a breeze and I would highly recomend this hotel to anyone who visits Agra.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cabernetfranc

Reviewed April 15, 2012

The lavish reception area and serene public areas cunningly disguise an otherwise sloppy and unfriendly experience. Our bedroom looked nice enough but the not so subtle scent of toilet and tobacco was particularly unpleasant. (We suspect the air conditioning system hosts more than a couple of unwanted guests) The restaurant was equally dismal. After waiting for almost an hour for our dinner to arrive I complained. The Restaurant manager stormed off and arrived 3 minutes later with our meal. He promptly threw it onto our plates, huffed and puffed and stormed off again. No thank you or apology forthcoming. Breakfast. You ask for cold milk with your tea you get told to fetch it at the cereals table. Charming place. We're wiser for having stayed there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ericefrank
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights and would never stay here again. As our last stop just shy of two weeks travelling the north of india it left a bad taste in our mouth, never mind the smell of rotten egg gas from the trench in the street beside the motel. Most of the staff were not friendly at all with the exception of one ot two, as well as very poor english for a reasonably large hotel. The price of food and drinks were at least three times that of every where else we stayed with some reciepts up to four extra taxes after vat on them. We ate in the restaurant the first night and the food was ordinary. After giving our room number we left dinner expecting it to be charged to our room but low and behold we get a knock on our door from room service to pay the bill, we should have known as the two beers we had bought on arrival had to be paid up front as well to avoid the 5% luxury tax we supposedly would have had to pay if we paid the bill at the end, yes up to six taxes if not paid up front. I found a blood stain on my sheet after I had already slept in it when pulling the covers fully back the next morning although I had no abbrasions. The mini bar was dirty and empty the water was kept on the bench, and when my mother became ill and had to see the doctor our rep asked the manager if we could keep the room at a half day rate until 7.30pm incase she needed to rest before our train trip he said our room was taken but he would sort something out but the 2500 rupee was to be paid in cash not card as it was a special favour, I didn't notice bus loads of people turning up that day either. So in short STAY AWAY i will never stay here again, even the guards at the gate make you feel like it is an effort to let you out.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank KJN_12
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for two nights and had great experience at this hotel. Room was nice and clean with all amenities in bathroom with large size towels. Rooms are spacious with tea coffee maker. I found staff to be very helpful and nice. They go out of the way to help. Food was excellent in the dining room. I tried Indian dishes and simply out the world specially lamb dishes. Their bar is also very nice and well stocked. Location wise I found this hotel to be very well located. Hmm I also used their massage which was really great after tiring day. All in all i really had a great experience and would stay at this hotel if I get to Agra again. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: high Floors away from elevators
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank aamybaby
Nand Kumar A, president at Mansingh Palace, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

August 9 2012
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Mansinghgroup of hotels

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us in TripAdvisor

While it is our endeavor to ensure that all of our guest have an exceptional experience, we were delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel.

We would also like to thank you for appreciating the hotel and its service. It gives us great pride and encourage us to offer even higher of excellence.

We do hope you will recommend us to your friend and associates and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back

Thanking you,
Yours Faithfully,
Mansingh Group of hotels

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Our room was booked and paid direct on our behalf by the Indian Railways Tourist Development Corp in new Delhi; who were soooo helpful.

When we arrived at the Mansingh later that day. They told us they had no record of our booking, made us wait in vain for 30 minutes for another room. Confusion and then they would not listen to me and my wife when we booked another hotel and demanded they give us a letter to say that the booking was not being honoured (we wanted to ensure we did not lose our money). So rude and unhelpful. They rustled a room out of nowhere and tried to heavy-hand us int staying. AWFUL !!

Room Tip: Chose another hotel - we moved to Clarks Shiraz. It was also 2000 rupees cheaper than Mansingh !
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mr_FantasticUk
Bhara_Aggarwal-MD, Owner at Mansingh Palace, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Mansinghgroup of hotels

First I am sorry to note that you went through this problem on your trip to India. In your note, you have mentioned that booking was made via IRTDC. You will appreciate that it was not made directly at the hotel. We assure you that Mansingh Group DOES NOT have any direct link with IRTDC. We do not have any rates or inventory allocation with them. I have also checked our records and have found no email or any communication regarding your booking from IRTDC. Hence, it is unfair that we should be blamed or held responsible for no fault of Mansingh Hotels. How can we hold a room when we have no intimation regarding your booking? I would have appreciated if you checked with source of your booking i.e. IRTDC. You need to ask them where they sent the booking.
Logically, why we would not accept your booking, we are in the business of providing rooms but in the absence of any information in the sold out situation it is difficult to provide the room . Mansingh group never provided you with any confirmation of your reservation directly. Please note that there are many portals which list Mansingh Hotels and many other hotels without any permission or availability from the hotel. It is not possible for us to control all the sites. I can assure you that if we had given you a direct confirmation or through our partners your room would have been confirmed at the hotel.
Hence the responsibility of providing room lies on the source of booking. I request you to please get back to IRTDC on your booking, alternatively if you can send me the copy of the confirmation voucher that was given to you at IRTDC counter, I can ask my team to further research in to this matter.
You have also mentioned that the front line staff was very rude I have taken up this matter with my manager on duty and I agree with you that if I was in your position I would be upset too they could have handled more professionally even if they were not knowledgeable about the booking.
I hope to see you in future as on this trip unfortunately you have not been able to correctly judge our hospitality. I also recommend in future to book directly from our web site enabling us to give instant confirmation and confidence that you have a room at our hotel.

Warm Regards
N.K.Anand
Owner
nkanand@mansinghhotels.com

Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stayed just one night at this hotel, but this was enough. The room was o.k., but the staff was soooo unfriendly! We wanted to take lunch at the restaurant and they forced us to take the buffet, that was not tasty and even expensiv. As we wanted to pay by credit card, they charged us an extra charge of 5%!! Unbelivable.
Just take annother hotel in Agra an enjoy the Taj Mahal.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank swiss17
Bhara_Aggarwal-MD, General Manager at Mansingh Palace, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Dear Sir/ Ma'am

Greetings from Mansinghgroup of hotels.

It was a indeed pleasure to have you stayed with us at Mansingh Palace, Agra.

We have taken the note of your comment regarding the buffet and the staff and do apologize for the inconvenience. We will take steps to improve the same. Thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you again shortly.

Warm Regards,
Lal Singh
General Manager.
lalsingh.agra@mansinghhotels.com

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed for one night in Agra. The room was a bit worn out but clean. The staff was extremely friendly, especially the guys in the little shops and the music band who sang me happy birthday! The buffet was really good as well. The location is convenient both for the Taj Mahal and the red fort.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Frenchie22

Dear Ma'am,

Greetings from Mansinghgroup of hotels.

It is indeed a pleasure to have you stayed with us at Mansingh Palace, Agra.

Our sincere efforts have always been towards providing our guest with the very best services to make stay as comfortable as possible.

We sincerely hope that you will give us more opportunities to serve you in the future and we assure you our personalized service and best attention and look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Warm Regards