Mansingh Palace, Agra
Priceline
$636
Oberoi Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsmr sunilcosta coffeenice hotelswimming poolstandard roomexcellent staybuffet dinnercomfortable roomshotel staffcomfortable staypuppetbathtubambienceindianmarblecheckinfeedback
Reviewed January 1, 2012

This hotel Is very nice, its clean, the staff are delightful .
Our room was on the 2nd floor and it was spacious and clean it had all we needed, the dinning room is a very good size with plenty of staff on hand to help out

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jimbo367
Reviewed December 15, 2011

This was the second Hotel on my journey through India and I found it very nice. Staff friendly, rooms nice and although near to the hustle bustle of Agra it was set in a quieter area, but shops etc still near by. The garden was kept very nice and decorated beautifully for a wedding held there.I would recommend this Hotel for a stay in Agra.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Bhara_Aggarwal-MD, General Manager at Mansingh Palace, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Greetings from Mansinghgroup Of Hotels,

It was a pleasure to read your comments on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that you were extremely happy with the hotel and its services. we are very glad that we were able to deliver on a luxury experience.

we have shared your words of appreciation with the team and they were extremely happy to hear from you.

I certainly hope that we will see you return to Mansingh Palace, Agra in near future.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times,

Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 4, 2011

I was not sure what to expect before arriving at the Mansingh Palace, because the company and hotel website are not all that informative. My pre-arrival emails to ask questions were never answered. However, when I checked in and got settled, I found that this hotel was well-suited to take care of my needs during my three-night stay in Agra.

Nearly every visiting tourist is in Agra primarily to see the Taj Mahal, and there are only a few other sites around or near the city that most visitors care about. The Mansingh is well-located for the Taj -- only about a 7-minute autorickshaw ride from the hotel, and you're as close to the West Gate of the Taj as a motorized vehicle is allowed. Then, after the autorickshaw drops you off, the remaining walk to the West Gate and the main ticket booth is only about one more long block. There are nearly always autorickshaws sitting directly outside the Mansingh Hotel's gate, day and night.

My guest room at the Mansingh had everything I needed and was plenty large enough for me. The bathroom provided a decent shower, with plenty of hot water and water pressure. The safe in the room worked fine. The only complaint I have is that the mattress on the bed was very thin, and three nights on that bed didn't do my poor old back any favors. Maybe other rooms have better beds.

I was pleasanty surprised about the quality of the Mansingh's restaurant. The breakfast buffet exceeded my expectations. I really liked it. For dinner, they don't begin serving until 7 PM, but I did enjoy the one dinner I had there. The restaurant has a lot of seating capacity, and it needs it, because they get many large tour groups through here -- to see the Taj.

I did not use the Mansingh's pool or the spa services. The spa attendants were very professional and friendly, and they were eager for my business. But as I said above, people come to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. Spa treatments and swimming are just not the priority. During my stay, I saw no one using the pool or the spa. Too bad, because I think a massage at the spa might have been a good experience. I did have a drink at the hotel bar with the owner of the tour company located in the hotel's shops. That was a nice experience.

I must add that the tour company located in the hotel's shops is well worth visiting. Known as 'Indian Impression Travel Service,' they will provide excellent drivers and tour guides to see some of the other places around Agra. I had them take me to the Agra Fort, to Akbar's Tomb, to Itmad-ud-Daulah's Tomb (the "Baby Taj"), and on a highly recommended half-day trip to Fatehpur Sikri, which is a little more than an hour's drive south of Agra. Do not miss Fatehpur Sikri, and do have Indian Impression Travel Service take you there.

I can recommend the Mansingh Hotel in Agra for your business or holiday trip and would be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: The 'Indian Impression' travel agency in the hotel shops is excellent. Do not hesitate to book side trips with them.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Stanley O

Greetings from Mansinghgroup of Hotels

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stayed with us at Mansingh Palace, Agra

While we are extremely grateful for the overall positive comments made by you, we have made the note of your observations and suggestions.

We do hope you will visit the city in near future and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back and your continued good wishes.

Once again thank you for your kind words and hope to see you soon in near future at Mansingh Palace, Agra.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

Hotel Maansingh Palace is a very good 4 star graded hotel. It’s a little far from Dagra Shrine, in a very calm zone with absolute no commercialism around. It is a very beautiful hotel, situated at Vaishali Nagar. The hotel welcomed us to a big lobby through a very cute, green garden at the entrance. Very quickly, we checked in a room as being pre-book. We took a standard room for two. The room was very spacious with lovely neat and clean interiors, and was well carpeted. Next morning, when we went into the dinning hall for a complementary breakfast, there was a wide variety in the buffet to enjoy. Though being there just for a night, after breakfast we checked out of this hotel and moved towards the Darga Shrine.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Greetings from Mansinghgroup of hotels

It was indeed a pleasure top have you stayed with us at Mansingh Palace, Ajmer

We sincerely hope that you will give us more opportunities to serve you in the near future and we assure you our personalize services and best attention and look forward to your next visit at Mansingh Palace, Ajmer.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stayed in Mansingh Hotel and it was complete disaster, bad service , management is not at all friendly, we were there for 5 nights and asked reception about our room safe deposite box not working but for almost 4 nights they were making excuse by telling us everytime that the manager is not in hotel and he has got the keys.. On 4th day when we told them we gonna leave hotel they suddenly got someone to adjust our safe deposite box..
We will never stay again in mansingh hotel and wouldnt recomond anyone to stay there .. The only smiling face we come across in Mansingh Agra was a doorman , he was charming and smiling and greeted us everytime we go out and come back .
Really was bad choice in agra ..

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Katey l

Greetings from Mansinghgroup of hotels

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stayed with us at Mansingh Palace, Agra

Our sincere efforts have always been towards providing our guest with the very best services to make stay as comfortable as possible. however, we have noted your complaints/ suggestion & we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to during your stay.

We sincerely hope that you will give us more opportunities to serve you in the future and we assure you our personalized services and best attention and look forward to your next visit to our Hotel.