3,637 results
All reviews golf cart bellevue restaurant balcony room indian restaurant once in a lifetime premier room beautiful hotel place to stay the general manager rose petals pool area is beautiful pool thali new delhi an oasis taj mahal view welcome drink
Reviewed February 9, 2016

that a room that cost over £700 a night would have a large wall (albeit vine covered) in front of our terrace that blighted the view of the Taj Mahal, nor that only half an hour of Wifi was included in the price, nor that the food in the Indian restaurant would be uninspired, bland and the chapati stale, nor that at breakfast my husband would bite into glass when eating a mouthful of baked yoghurt. How was it possible that this was able to happen in a hotel of this calibre?! All of these experiences made us know we would never return, despite the gorgeous greeting, swimming pool, terraces, grounds and the fact that the manager gave us our dinner and breakfast on the house.

Room Tip: A room right over the pool would offer a clear view I think of the Taj Mahal
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GEDHaway
AbhishekPanshikar, General Manager at The Oberoi Amarvilas, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2016

Dear TripAdvisor member,

Thank you so much for taking the time to meet me during your stay and sharing your feedback on departure. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues that adversely affected your hotel experience with us.

Whilst all the 102 rooms in the hotel face the Taj based on the location of the rooms the views do differ. I have made note of your meal experiences at our restaurant and would like to assure you that we follow the highest hygiene and safety standards. The issues you faced could and should have been avoided if we are to pride ourselves on our product and service standards. I have already taken this up with the concerned teams to ensure that corrective measures are taken immediately and effectively.

I assure you that these lapses were an exception to our normal standards and I hope you will not allow them to forever mar your impression of our hotel. I call upon your understanding and generosity of spirit to give us another chance to prove that your last experience is really not the norm at our hotel.

abhishek.panshikar@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed February 8, 2016

This is one of the best Palace hotels in the Oberoi chain of hotels. Right from the exterior look of the hotel to the tasteful interiors, this place makes you feel like a King ! After a visit to the Taj Mahal, your stay at Amarvilas makes it all the more worthwhile ! Food and service is excellent ! The evenings are the best in this palatial surroundings with the perfect lighting ! You could even see the traditional paintings on the walls ! Its every bit value for money ! Hope they come up with some good packages and offers !

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
AbhishekPanshikar, General Manager at The Oberoi Amarvilas, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the magnificent views of the Taj Mahal and the interiors and exteriors were to your liking.

The hotel is built in a style inspired by Moorish and Mughal architecture, the resort is a splendid display of terraced lawns, fountains, reflection pools and pavilions with rich interiors that take you back to an era of old times.

We try and take special care by personalizing our services to ensure that our guests have a pleasant experience. I am pleased that your had a pleasant meal experience at Bellevue and Esphahan.

We keep updating our web site periodically for seasonal packages which you can view on www.oberoihotels.com.

Thank you for your kind comments and we hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed February 8, 2016

A group of six on holiday in India stayed in this wonderful oasis in late January. One can not imagine the the contrast once you step into the peaceful and lush surroundings after the hustle and bustle of Agra. As expected the lodgings, service and food exceptional. A prompt butler service was available. Foodies make sure you dine at the Asfahan Restaurant where the excellent food and wine was matched by the service. Surely one of the highlights of our holiday in India.

Room Tip: All rooms have good views
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Oberoi Amarvilas on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read such a pleasant review and it gives me immense joy when our guests leave on a positive note.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and the hotel and its location was to your expectation. I am glad that you enjoyed your meals at Esphahan and Bellevue. It will be my pleasure to share your appreciation for the food with our chefs which will be a great source of motivation to each one of them.

We at Oberoi hotels and resorts take great pride in our service and happy guests are the greatest source of motivation for all of us here. Thank you for your kind comments and it will be my pleasure to share the same with my team.

I hope our distinctive service will tempt you to return soon to one of our Oberoi Hotels and Resorts.

abhishek.panshikar@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed February 8, 2016

Another of the wonderful Oberoi Hotels, just cannot fault. Staff provide amazing service, rooms was nice (not as great as the Ranthambore, or Jaipur Hotels, but fabulous views of the Taj Mahal.
Lovely pool area, provides dancers at night, but they bit far from viewing and was bit disappointed in this aspect. Some rooms have little balcony, would be nice on a warm evening!

Room Tip: Balcony room
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant experience with us and the view of the Taj Mahal was to your liking, however I am disappointed that we were unable to match your expectations when compared to your stay at Ranthambore and Jaipur.

I am glad that you enjoyed the evening dance performance on the swimming pool deck, staged every evening for our guests. Our room balconies are perfect to enjoy an evening with drinks overlooking the Taj Mahal.

Thank you for your kind comments and we hope our distinctive service will tempt you to return soon to one of our Oberoi Hotels and Resorts.

Reviewed February 8, 2016 via mobile

The main highlight in Agra is obviously the Taj Majal, but experience gets amplified if you stay over night at The Oberoi.
First its a paradise hotel per se. 3 min boogie from the East Gate. All perfectly organized.
If you stay overnight you may visit the Taj in the evening, best is just one hour before the sunset. The light is spectacular. Then you can enjoy a great dinner at the Induan Restaurant of the hotel and repeat the Taj experience early morning at dawn.

The service at the hotel is impeccable snd if you want the cherry on the cake m, stay at one the rooms with balcony in the third ir fourth floor facing the Taj. A Glass of wine or champagne in the right company overlooking the Taj Majal from your balcony is a memory on its own.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant experience with us and enjoyed your meals at Esphahan our specialty Indian restaurant. It will be my pleasure to share your appreciation with our chefs and the entire team for whom this will be a great source of motivation.

Enjoying drinks on ones balcony overlooking the Taj Mahal is an experience in its self. We at Oberoi hotels and resorts take great pride in our service and happy guests are the greatest source of motivation for all of us here.

We hope our distinctive service will tempt you to return soon to one of our Oberoi Hotels and Resorts.