“Spectacular Property”

The Oberoi Amarvilas
Ranked #1 of 142 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Why would you choose to stay anywhere else in Agra? Excellent location, polished service, beautiful rooms with views of the Taj Mahal, gorgeous grounds, and delicious food - this hotel has it all. I would not think of staying at any other property in Agra.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
AnkusMahajan, General Manager at The Oberoi Amarvilas, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip advisor.

I am pleased to read that you had an excellent stay with us. Your generous praise of the hotels location, views of the Taj Mahal from the rooms and the cuisine is much appreciated. It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with the team which will be a great source of motivation for one and all.

We hope that our distinctive service will tempt you to return and stay at one of the many Oberoi hotels and resorts around the world.

ankush.mahajan@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

You never stop saying wow!! And wow!!! And when you thought it was over..... WOW!!
Perfect hotel, extremely beautiful, spectacular gardens, uniforms are part of the charming ambience. And to top it all... You can see the Taj majal from your room.....
Is there anything else you might need from this hotel???
They've achieved it all!!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank mimiMexico_df

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review us on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel does offer magnificent views of the Taj Mahal from every room and it is the endeavor of our dedicated team to personalize your stay at the hotel.

We truly believe that our trained and guest focused team members are our greatest asset and I will be glad to share your wonderful feedback with all.

ankush.mahajan@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is by far the best hotel in Agra...excellent location with an amazing view, fabulous service orientated staff, wonderful facilities ...everything was perfect right from arrival and check-in through to all dining experiences. The meal we had at the fine dining restaurant was among the best we had in the whole of India. The location is fabulous especially with the buggy to take you down to the entrance of the Taj Mahal. We would love to return to this very special hotel.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time out to put up your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor.

The hotel location and design allow stunning views of the Taj Mahal from public areas and all rooms, while the elegant decor gives a feel of true luxury. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay have carried away fond memories of your stay and dining experiences. We are always striving to achieve the high standards and value that our guests expect from us.

I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you again in the not so distant future.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

A beautiful resort with a very unique view on the Taj Mahal.
We were disappointed by the service which was not at the level we would expect from such a place. Several instances of sloppiness in the service especially in the F&B were surprising for such a venue

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Indochine

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read your feedback regarding the service which is of utmost importance to us. Please be assured that this is taken up with the team and corrective action has been taken. We as an Oberoi brand believe in delivering the best product and service to all our valuable guests and we believe by working on feedback we can achieve higher standards.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in the Oberoi Amarvilas.

Anksush.mahajan@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This Hotel is in a great location close to the Taj Mahal and has it's own transport to get there. The rooms all have views to the Taj Mahal, but the most we could see was an outline as it was foggy for the day we were there in mid January.

The service is very good, our room was very spacious and comfortable, the gardens don't have a blade of grass out of place and the food was good.

So why give it a rating of 4/5.

We had just come from the Imperial Hotel in Delhi. Its corridors positively gleam whereas there were small chips in some of the tiles in our corridor in the Oberoi. Whilst we really liked the colourful costumes of the staff, it just doesn't have the history and tradition of the Imperial.

2  Thank rthomp

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service at the hotel and the beautifully manicured gardens and the cuisine. However, your feedback regarding the maintenance of the corridors is of much concern to me. Please be assured that this has been taken up with the concerned teams and your feedback will be pt to good use. We as an Oberoi brand believe in delivering the best product and service to all our valuable guests and we believe by working on feedback we can achieve higher standards.

I hope that in time you will allow us the opportunity to make amends and restore your faith in the Oberoi Amarvilas.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

By far the best hotel, when it comes to the view. Every room has breath taking views of the taj. The pool is beautiful and so is the rest of the hotel. Had an amazing trip, great food, especially the breakfast.

Room Tip: Must stay!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank simratkohli

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read your detailed feedback with reference to your stay at the Oberoi Amarvilas. I am glad that you enjoyed staying with us and the product, service and cuisine were to your liking.

The hotel does indeed offer magnificent views of the Taj Mahal and beautifully manicured gardens from all our guest rooms, lobby and the lounge. I would be delighted to share your generous comment with the members of our team.

Thank you for choosing us and we hope to welcome you back to the Oberoi Amarvilas.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

This hotel as other reviewers pointed out has a WOW factor about it.
But if you are paying what you are for this in INDIA. It better be very special. But for me this was not the case. At an absolute basis probably deserves a four star basis but once I consider how much I paid for the stay I need to bring it down as expectations are much higher at this price point.

WOW FACTORS
Location- Being able to see the Taj from the room is THE WOW FACTOR. Unfortunately during my stay a thick smog had descended which I understand is common in January effectively negated this. The balcony in my room was spectacular but I could hardly see the outline of the Taj during my whole stay! What good is this killer app WOW factor when you have travelled thousands of miles to see the Taj but can not see it! Being able to buy the ticket at the hotel and buggy ride to the Taj is still very nice. I found the marketing of the hotel misleading.

Check in- Impressive entrance, and well oiled check in process in the comfort of your room.

Service- Several nice touches. Staff that dont accept tips is a nice system- you can pay them later at the end. Very friendly and accomodating. Well trained staff. But when I asked for new large slippers- as the slippers inthe room was small- they brought me one which was soiled. A bit shocking actually.

Meal- Had buffet at the ground floor restaurant- which was okay. I was handed bill for a larger group despite protesting I should not be the one paying the bill for some extra items. Staff was insistent in my view this was done for their own convenience as I was the last person of the group. I felt nickled and dimed but was not in a mood to cause to fight the inflexible waiters.

Check Out- As per above points. I reraised the issue at check out and had the item removed which at the end of the day was not much money but more a matter of principle. Dont like being nickeled and dimed specially at this lofty price point.

At this price point, there is no room for erratic service. And this may not be the norm, but I had high expectation and those expectations were not met. Does not make sense to come here and pay super premium when you can't enjoy the view- which is the killer app of this hotel.

Can not recommend this hotel in January during the smog.

Room Tip: Rooms have great views. Higher floors better.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Koreaninsingapore

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read that the location of the hotel and the check in process was to your liking, However, it is with regret that the view of the Taj Mahal from your room was not great due to the fog which is a common weather condition in the month of January.

The Taj Mahal tickets can be purchased at the hotel itself at no extra cost for a hassle free entry at the Taj. We also provide our guests with complimentary golf cart service which ensures the monument is just minutes away from the hotel.

I have taken note of all the concerns you have raised and pleased be assured these matters are being addressed. Your detailed feed back is much appreciated and it is being taken seriously and put to good use in our endeavor to provide the highest standards of care and service to our guests.

Once again, I deeply regret your disappointment on this occasion. I do hope that, in time, you will reconsider your decision and allow us the opportunity to make amends and restore your faith in The Oberoi Amarvilas.