“Fabulous stay at the Amarvilas!!!”

The Oberoi Amarvilas
Ranked #1 of 142 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The Oberoi Amarvilas is one of the best hotels in the world in terms of location, services, and hospitality, My husband and I spent our 10th anniversary at this beautiful hotel. It was the best decision we have made. We have nothing but the highest praise for GM Ankush Mahajan and his fabulous staff! They made us feel so welcome! We were truly treated like royalty - from the room upgrade to a direct Taj view suite to the luxurious rose petal bath and delicious chocolate cake, every gesture of kindness made us feel so special. What an experience!! We have recommended this property to our friends and family. Can't wait to go back in the near future. Truly, a visit to the Taj Mahal is incomplete without a stay at the Oberoi Amarvilas. It is like a dream come true!!
Thank you so very much to the wonderful staff at the Amarvilas!!

Room Tip: Be sure to get a suite on the top floors. The view of the Taj is magical!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gabriela M
AnkusMahajan, General Manager at The Oberoi Amarvilas, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your reviews on Trip advisor with regards to your recent stay at The Oberoi Amarvilas.

I am most delighted to read your generous praise of the hotel and the team. It has always been our endeavour to make each of our guest feel special and to make sure that they have a most memorable stay with us.

Thank you so much for giving us an opportunity to serve you while you were celebrating your anniversary with us. We look forward to welcome you back in not so distant future and please feel free to write to me for any assistance.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Having a meal and wine overlooking the TAJ MAHAL priceless...one of the most romantic and exclusive hotels in India and the world. Extremely caring and friendly staff willing to organize tours to the TAJ. luxurious rooms although it is a bit pricey, but you get you moneys worth when you stay here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ShantanuRaizada
AnkusMahajan, General Manager at The Oberoi Amarvilas, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for takiing the time to post your reviews regarding your stay with us.

It is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful time with us. The hotel indeed is a romantic destination which takes you back to the romance during the Mughal era. I am so delighted to read that your dining experience with Taj at the backdrop was a memorable part of the holiday.

I am taking the liberty of sharing your comments with the team as your encouraging comments help them strive for excellence.

It would be a pleasure to have you back with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Lovely place, warm & indulgent staff- and unbeatable location. My three-year-old was completely spoilt by the fantastic hotel people and it was a very very relaxing stay for us adults too. Oberoi Amarvilas makes you feel like royalty every minute of your stay. Cannot recommend it enough, I'd return in a heartbeat.

Bonus: Try the spa, totally worth it!

Room Tip: Room tip: Every room has great views of the Taj Mahal, the ones with a higher count are further from...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Aiyars

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to know that you had a good stay and were impressed with the design and layout of the resort. We take pride in being a showcase for traditional art and local forms of design and it feels special when patrons like you appreciate this.

I am so delighted to read that your child was well looked after and yes absolutely right that our location is something which along with the team and services makes it even more memorable.

Thank you for your encouraging comments on the services and the royal experience.

It would be a pleasure to have you back with us. Please let me know if I can assist in planning a visit.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had a wonderful experience here on our trip through the Golden Triangle of India. It was the best hotel we stayed in. A view of the Taj Mahal through your window and from the balcony - WOW! Easy access to the Taj via golf cart down the street.

The food was great. The room was great. The service was the greatest. No pressure for tipping as we had experienced throughout our trip. We ended up adding a tip to our bill that was larger than if we had tipped individually.

My wife also had a bout of Delhi Belly while there. They took extra care of her throughout our stay: flowers in the room, special food deliveries, special cleaning and overall care. They arranged for a Doctor to come to the room. He was excellent and the charge worked out to under $50 including the medications he left with her.

Room Tip: Get one with a balcony - luxurious lounging with a view of the Taj Mahal.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jerry W
AnkusMahajan, General Manager at The Oberoi Amarvilas, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking time to review your experience. Thank you for mentioning that "this was the best hotel you stayed in"

I am very happy to know that you had a good stay and were impressed with the design ,layout of the resort and the services of the hotel.. We take pride in being a showcase for traditional art and local forms of design and it feels special when patrons like you appreciate this. I am taking the liberty of sharing your compliments offered with all members of the team.

Thank you for your encouraging comments on the room and the dining experience. We at all our hotels do not encourage individual gratuities and I am delighted to read that you were happy with our policy.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

The Oberoi Amarvilas is one of the most amazing places I have ever stayed! Not only is the location amazing, as you can see the Taj Mahal from everywhere in the hotel, but the service, rooms and food were all above my expectations. The staff were so friendly and ever so helpful - especially one particular staff member, who called his mum in the next destination we were going to, to ask her what the weather was going to be like for us!

The rooms are artworks in their own rights. Beautifully decorated, with the upmost of cleanliness and excellence. Just stunning. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were immaculate!

The food was AMAZING! We ate at the traditional Indian restaurant and had the best Thali ever! An arrangement of different curries from all over India! The staff in the restaurant were particularly lovely and catered to our every need! They didn't even want us to serve extra rice to ourselves!

The whole experience was so welcoming and just amazing really. There is no other way to describe it!

There is nowhere else that you could stay in Agra that would be better than the Oberoi Amarvilas! It is perfect!!!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor with regards your stay at The Oberoi Amarvilas.It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your detailed feedback about the room, the view, the food and the staff is invaluable and most encouraging.

Our teams have always believed in recognising and customising our guests needs and therefore it becomes very easy for us to exceed your expectations. Thank you for recognising our teams who were friendly and made your stay a memorable one.

I am taking the liberty of sharing your review with all members of the staff as it is a great source of motivation for us.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013
AnkusMahajan, General Manager at The Oberoi Amarvilas, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am taking the liberty to share your review with all members of the staff as it is a great source of motivation for us.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I am literally traveling around the world in conjunction with a two month stopover in China to teach environmental engineering and sustainable tech at a university there. For me, traveling for months necessitates frugal expenditures. But, my visit to the Taj Mahal was a lifetime dream, the culmination for which I rationed splurging was in order. From all I had read, if you want to have the Taj almost to yourself, it's necessary to visit immediately upon opening around dawn. The Oberoi is but a short golf cart ride from the gate. In addition, it's proximity provides spectacular views apparently from all rooms. The hotel is designed so all rooms face the Taj! I had read about the owner and his penchant for details. The article was an understatement. I can't remember ever staying at a hotel where every small detail has been addressed. There is not sufficient space here to detail the degree of service that was lavished on me! The staff was beyond belief! I have several of their names, but not handy as I write this. Perhaps, I'll be permitted to add them after I submit this review. Several explained to me how extensive their training is! It shows! In the Indian restaurant on site (with great live entertainment!) I mentioned my interest in seeing how the incredible kebobs were made. So I was escorted back to the kitchen! I previously owned restaurants and was somewhat apprehensive as to what I might see! It was spotless! The chef I spoke to took such pride in his work and was so pleased that I appreciated it! The pool is incredible and once again the staff pamper your every wish! Great Mojito in India! The room I had was huge and luxurious! The view priceless! There was the Taj changing colors as the day's light faded. I mentioned to the young man who escorted me to my room that I worked with green architecture, living walls and green roofs as part of idle conversation in the elevator. The next day, I received a request from the hotel's landscape architect to discuss living walls which he had already built for the hotel and was working on a second! What a personal touch!
When I requested a tour guide for the Taj, the hotel arranged an incredible guide, very well educated (MBA) as well as a professional tour guide. His grandfather had been a tour guide well into his 90s. The guide was so knowledgeable that I requested him to accompany me to the red fort as well. The rate even through the hotel was very affordable.
Breakfast was included and once again did not disappoint. The buffet provided both Western and Indian dishes with numerous selections. The pool and staff- outstanding!
At one point I asked if I could have my shoes shined. I have used this service elsewhere in Asia, typically placing the shoes in a tray or outside the door and retrieving them the next day. Not here, someone came promptly to my room and returned in less than 20 minutes!
So, yes it is expensive. For me, it represents the most expensive rate of any hotel on my lengthy trip. But, I am so glad I stayed at this hotel! It is now my standard by which I will compare all other luxury hotels!

Room Tip: schedule with the hotel for transport and a guide to the Taj at sunup
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure reading your detailed feedback. Thank you for your generous praise of the hotel and the staff. This definitely helps us and our teams to stay motivated and exceed guest expectation.We try to ensure a pleasant and a memorable stay for our guests by delivering personalized guest service. I am happy to read that you enjoyed culinary experience in our Indian restaurant.

Our teams have been our biggest strength and we spend lot of time training and developing our teams.

Thank you for choosing us and I hope that our distinctive service will tempt you to return and stay at one of the many excellent Oberoi Hotels & Resorts in the future.

Ankush.mahajan@oberoihotels.com