“View, View and View”

The Oberoi Amarvilas
Ranked #1 of 144 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at the Oberoi Amarvilas for two nights in mid February 2013. The view onto the Taj Mahal from your room or suite will enchant you - it is amazing to wake up in the morning and look out onto one of the most spectacular buildings in the world.

The property and grounds are beautiful and immaculate. The service is excellent. The food wasn't great. In our opinion, the food quality was not at the level of the Imperial in New Delhi or the Taj Lake Palace in Udaipur; however, this small detail should not deter you from staying at this amazing property.

Thank you Oberoi.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
AnkusMahajan, General Manager at The Oberoi Amarvilas, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your reviews on trip advisor. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit to Agra and your stay at The Oberoi Amarvilas.

I am a bit disappointed to read your comments regarding the culinary experience at the resort. I have shared your thoughts with our concerned team and will ensure that your feedback is put to good use.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel is located 600 m away from the Taj mahal. You have a splendid view on the Taj Mahal from most of the room of the hotel.
There is tw nice restaurant there a multicuisine one and a south Indian one.
The pool is very nice and the service is perfect. We had a wonderfull experience there

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view on the Taj Mahal
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most encouraging comment on trip advisor.

It is a pleasure to read your praise and I am happy that you liked the hotel and its services. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed the view of the Taj Mahal from the balcony and I hope you had fond memories to take back home.

If there is anything I can do from this part of the World, please feel free to write to me

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I only stayed here one night and it was my first stay at an Oberoi property and I totally get why they are always ranked in the top. The stay is a royal experience - you actually feel like you are somebody when you are here. The property is beautiful - palatial grounds and you feel like you are visiting a historical area.
I have no words for the pool area - it is simply beautiful and really big. During the night, it is gorgeous - it is open until midnight, so a dip in the night is a magical experience. During the day the pool is lively and the tiles have sea blue colour which is most calming and the service for food and drinks and is great. Staff are trained to be the best as this is the best hotel chain in India. Tips are not encouraged which is a huge relief as you never know nowadays how much you have to tip! They dont have a jacuzzi but you can use their spa services which have a steam room and other facilities - This was not as per my expectations, but I can imagine why they havent invested too much in this area as people come here for a different experience.
Rooms - very comfortable and decorated tastefully - not over the top to make it look royal. Fresh fruit was served. Views of the Taj from everywhere - it looks pretty small from here - but I think it is the closest hotel with such a view.
Our package included dinner - I would defintely go for this - you can eat all you want in any restaurant in the hotel and I simply loved this. The service was exemplary and the food was simply amazing - we really splurged in tasting whatever we could. i would go for the indian speciality restaurant and try their thali as you can taste a variety of offerings. We didnt have breakfast in our package which was a blessing as we ended up ordering room service and we dined on the balcony - it was a lovely morning, food was amazing and served in restaurant style on the balcony and views of the taj - simply amazing - think my husband fell in love all over again due to this experience :)
They really go out of their way here and if you are inconvenienced in anyway, you can actually see the panic on their faces to sort this out for you.
If you are looking for photographers not from near the Taj, be a little wary as when you go to the Taj, the person who comes with you wont be the main photographer, but a local person - I could have just hired someone from the Taj to photograph us. My feedback to Oberoi is to thoroughly investigate the services offered, as it reflects on your standards when you recommend someone and they dont follow through. Our expectations from you are always high :)
Otherwise the place was simply a magical experience, quite different than what I have experienced. Cant wait to stay at one of their other properties again soon.

Room Tip: Go for the balcony and defintely have a meal here - not for dinner though, as you would have mosquit...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a detailed review of your stay with us at The Oberoi Amarvilas. I am so delighted and pleased to read your detailed compliments.

It is nice to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and your feedback is invaluable as it enables us to constantly exceed our guests expectations.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcome you back to The Oberoi Amarvilas.

Regards

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Simply a great place to stay in Agra. Usual fabulous Oberoi luxury.
Especially worthy of comment is the early morning golf buggy ride you can arrange to the Taj Mahal, bypassing all the vendors and hawkers who are barely awake as the tourists have yet to arrive in the buses by their hundreds. Recommended if you dislike the whole begging thing?
Vehicles are not allowed close to the Taj to preserve the marble from pollution so the electric golf buggy is a great solution.... and they take you back!
I have pictures of us, with the Taj emerging at dawn through the fog, eery but beautiful, and only a handful of people around. Almost unheard of to have your photo on the famous bench with no one in the background?
The view from our bedroom was straight to the Taj Mahal. Stunning.
The spa was perhaps one of the best spas that I have ever been to.
Would I return? In a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mummygoddess
AnkusMahajan, General Manager at The Oberoi Amarvilas, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi Amarvilas for your stay during your visit to Agra.

I am most delighted to read your generous praise of the hotel and I am taking the liberty to share your comments with the team.

I hope that our distinctive service will tempt you to return and stay at one of the many excellent Oberoi Hotels & Resorts in the future

Thank you.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had spectacular sunset and sunrise views from our corner suite on the top floor of the hotel! Incredible and breath-taking! The service was outstanding, and the golf cart ride (with coffee) to the Taj at sunrise is not to be missed! The only downside to our experience was breakfast: the restaurant was crowded after all the guests returned from the sunrise trip to the Taj. We were not told that hot items could be ordered from the kitchen...we did not know this until we were leaving and saw omelets and eggs Benedict being delivered to another table. A menu of selections would be nice. We ordered dinner and wine in our suite so that we could spend every moment enjoying the view. Dinner was outstanding! We also requested a video from the concierge and it was delivered with popcorn...our 13 year old daughter was thrilled! What a special touch. The hotel is a wonderful way to experience the magical Taj!

Room Tip: The 5th floor rooms are the highest and have by-far the best view of the Taj!!! Worth the expense...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DesignEnthusiast

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your stay and posting your reviews on Trip advisor with regards to your stay at The Oberoi Amarvilas.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the sunrise and sunset views from your bedroom balcony however, I was most concerned to read about your experience at breakfast for which I apologise.

Your feedback is appreciated and taken most seriously as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the c are and services we strive to provide our guests.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The manager opened the door to our 3rd floor room and a breathtaking view of the Taj Mahal appeared beyond the balcony doors. One of the most wonderful hotels I have ever stayed in.
There is shop in the hotel that sells local handicrafts at a reasonable price an packs them for travel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your reviews on trip advisor. It is a pleasure to read your generous praise for the hotel. I am pleased to read that your enjoyed the view from the room balcony and i hope you had a fond memories to carry away.

I hope that you will consider us for your next visit to Agra. If there is anything I can do to assist, please feel free to write to me.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The service was excellent as were the meals. The architecture and decor of the hotel are stylish -if a touch over-stated - and the ratio of space to guests is exceptional. THE feature, however, is and must be the views of the Taj from the ground floor lounge and from every bedroom. They really are out of this world. A true luxury experience and one to be savoured!

Room Tip: Every room is a good room!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read your comments on trip advisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and your positive reviews are much appreciated.

These kind words always helps us and our teams to stay motivated and exceed our guests expectaions.

We hope to welcome you back soon