“Roylaty in a hotel”

The Oberoi Amarvilas
Ranked #1 of 144 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The staff defines the word "service," the food is excellent, and the rooms are grand with the Taj Mahal front and center from your hotel view. Along with modern amenities, rich toiletries, the VIP tour of the Taj Mahal and well manicured grounds, I cannot find any faults of this hotel.

My favorite part was the pool, which is spacious and grand, and ducks below the portico into a semi-indoor room adorned with columns and a potrait of Ganesha. You feel like you're swimming in a temple, tasting what it might have felt like being a king!

The hotel is pricey, but if you can afford the tariff, Oberoi pulls out the stops to make your stay as nice as possible.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms have a good view of the Taj Mahal. Rooms on first floor have a balcony overlook...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank hvnair
AnkusMahajan, General Manager at The Oberoi Amarvilas, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi Amarvilas.

I am delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations. The pool is one of our major attractions of the hotel. I hope that our distinctive service will tempt you to return and stay at one of the many excellent Oberoi Hotels & Resorts in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just 600 meters from the Taj Mahal, this is the most luxurious hotel in Agras . Rooms extremely luxurious and beautifully decorated with teak furniture, rugs and embroidered fabrics. All have a view of the Taj! Excellent restaurants, bars, shops, jacuzzi, pool and spa.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
AnkusMahajan, General Manager at The Oberoi Amarvilas, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi Amarvilas.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit and your positive review is much appreciated. I hope you will return to stay with Oberoi Hotels & Resorts in the future.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Wonderful place to stay, the hotel is mind blowing. The rooms are generous, the view breathtaking. The best part are teh beautiful staff! never experienceed service at this level anywhere in the world!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your reviews on your recent stay at the Oberoi Amarvilas. I am delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations. As mentioned in your review, we do take lot of care in recruiting and training our team members to ensure that we all exceed our guest's expectations

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Fabulous property, one would not believe that they are a stone's throw away from the Taj which has hordes of tourists around. The grounds and inner soundings are calm and quiet, the service is excellent and the rooms very comfortable. The cuisine and services arguably the best I have experienced in India till date. A very charming and friendly general manager runs the property with an accomplished team. It was indeed a pleasure to spend the weekend at the Amarvilas.
Book the rooms with a terrace, and engage the culinary staff who shal not only advice you but also customize a meal for you. Visit the Taj but stay at the Amarvilas

Room Tip: Stay in the room with a balcony
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
AnkusMahajan, General Manager at The Oberoi Amarvilas, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment form on your recent stay at The Oberoi Amarvilas.

I am delighted to read that your expectations were exceeded. Your feedback is appreciated as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we endeavour to provide to our guests. I am happy to read that the culinary team was able to create some memorable moments for you.

It has been my pleasure to convey your compliments to the team. Positive recognition is a tremendous source of inspiration to our exemplary staff and I thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

we were greeted very warmly by about 3 members of staff who were very professional and helpful. Check in was on of the most pleasant we have ever had and the wealth of information we were given was brilliant. Our room ( 222 ) was clean, spacious and most importantly had a nice view of the Taj Mahal through the trees.We had dinner in the international restaurant which was lovely with again good service, maybe even a little bit too good as they whipped away a couple of drinks from me before I'd finished them, not to be advised doing to a Scotsman !!! We used the hotel golf cart to go to the Taj Mahal in the morning,joined a long queue saw the Taj and was back in the hotel for breakfast before 10am.We had been to the Mosque in Abu Dhabi a few days before and I was a bit disappointed with the Taj Mahal but that's a personal opinion. we had a slight problem when we checked out as we had arranged for a car to pick us up at 1PM and he was there at 12 noon but was parked out of sight and nobody from the hotel told him we were sitting waiting so at 1.30 we eventually met up and got underway back to Delhi, a small misunderstanding perhaps but really should not have happened.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
AnkusMahajan, General Manager at The Oberoi Amarvilas, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your comments on the trip advisor. I am delighted to read your comments and feedback and I am taking the liberty of sharing the same with all members of the staff.
Your feedback about the miscommunication during the check out is appreciated and the same has been discussed with the team and taken most seriously, as it enables us to constantly monitor and improve the care and service we endeavour to provide to our guests.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Impressive hotel but not as good as the Oberoi properties in Jaipur or Gurgaon. Rooms are what you would expect for £500 + per night. The dinner on the balcony for £200 was not worth the cost as the food was ordinary and unlike the pictures on the website the Taj cannot be seen at night from the hotel. My biggest issue was that despite the cost of the room I was charged for the use of WiFi for both my phone and iPad. This is a rip off. This is the best hotel in Agra but you pay for absolutely everything.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NickfamilyKent

Dear Guest,

I have taken note of all the concerns you have raised and please be assured these matters are being addressed. Your feedback is much appreciated and it is being taken seriously and put to good use in our endeavour to provide the highest standards of care and service to our guests.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is by far one of the best hotels I have stayed in my travels. The check-in process was painless after the tedious drive from Delhi. The welcome drink, cold towels and gifts to children were very thoughtful. The staff were very courteous and refused to take any tips (they have a common pool). The rooms were brilliant and had a spectacular view of the Taj. The rooms were very spacious and had a large balcony.

They sold tickets to the Taj Mahal at published rates without any mark-ups and also included drinking water, shoe cover and drop before the Taj at no extra charge. Overall a great stay.

If I had one complaint it was about the limited spread in the buffet breakfast and them trying to push an Alacarte menu. I was also surprised the buffet was not included in the tariff though I admit I did not check when I used the hotel's website to book. Otherwise a lovely hotel close to a lovely monument.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Balaji17

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your reviews on your recent stay at the Oberoi Amarvilas. I am delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations when it comes to both product and services.

I have also made a note of the feedback on the buffet spread and will ensure that we look into the same.