“I couldn't step out after I entered”
Review of ITC Mughal, Agra

ITC Mughal, Agra
Ranked #13 of 145 Hotels in Agra
“I couldn't step out after I entered”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is like heaven in hell. Located in a very busy locality I was kinda surprised by the kind if environment in the hotel. Very nice environment and the greens are very expansive. The bar mixes the best drinks and the food though very expensive is good. Try the culinary package.

• Stayed December 2012
ITCMUGHAL, General Manager at ITC Mughal, Agra, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out some of your precious time and posting your feedback on tripadvisor.

It is our pleasure to know that the service provided to you were appreciated and also that we could make your stay a memorable and wonderful experience.

Ashutosh Chhibba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed June 1, 2013

it was our fourth luxurious and most exquisite stay in the hotel and was, as usual, absolutely rejuvenating.staff was so prompt and cordial, always makes us feel so special.we have been coming here for quite a few years and till date have never been disappointed.you talk about the hotel..its beautiful.u talk about stay..so comfortable.u talk about the food..absolutely delectable.let it be any restaurant..any cuisine..everything is awesome.our experience just keeps getting better all the time.beautiful ambience with smiling faces everywhere makes us feel so gud and refreshed."SHIVANKIT MEHTA", as usual, thanks for taking care of us through out the stay. you are really special to us.undoubtedly,our 5th stay will come soon..no complaints and highly recommended..thank u :)

ITCMUGHAL, Manager at ITC Mughal, Agra, responded to this review, June 13, 2013

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 31, 2013

It was our last night in India thus decided to feast . We chose sheroton as our venue and glad we did. Wonderful buffet spread with impecable services . Food was delicious . Drinks were little pricey but that's ok its a 5 star hotel. We enjoyed our dinner and great architecture of the hotel

• Stayed April 2013

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I traveled with my wife and 3 year old daughter. I was using Club ITC points for the stay so the prices for me were fixed. The booking happened over phone/email. I liked the fact that my platinum level of club ITC membership was honoured and we were upgraded to a Suite. Check-In/Check-Out was were very smooth. The staff was very cordial and polite. Infact at the time of check out, they were unable to debit my ITC card and yet they did not insist that I pay using my credit card. I was told that it will be done later and that I can leave.

Overall the hotel stay was very good. The hotel has a great property and a very good gym. The Spa-pool is excellent. The other pool is located in the midst of the hotel and that is decent as well but the changing rooms of the smaller pool are not that great. The pools close at 8:00 pm. The suite that we had been provided was excellent and comfortable. On the first night we were provided with copper glasses/honey/lemon however it was not provided on the second day for unknown reasons. Also I had to asked for the turn-down service on the second day which I felt was not up to the mark (only on the second day). Besides a Bose music system, my room also had a massage chair and we made good use of it.

I was unable to try out the Peshawari restaurant (which I am told is the best amongst all the restaurants) as the food would have been too spicy for my 3 year old daughter and the staff was unwilling to customize. As for the restaurant which serves the buffet ( I forget the name), the staff was kind enough to provide plain dal/bread toast for my 3 year old daughter. We also requested for milk for her and that was also promptly provided.

However, I felt that the menu at the restaurant could have been better especially the desserts compared to Taj/Leela. No chocolate ice-cream/cake/pastries were available in the buffet during the 3 meals (2 dinners and 1 lunch) that I had at the restaurant and it happened to be a weekend.Customer service @ the restaurant was above average and one is not made to feel welcome in the restaurant. I think the staff is a bit old and their body language needs some improvement. I was billed for breakfast one time when it was part of my room package. Ofcourse, it was corrected the second time. Sometimes there is no one to attend to and we kept on waiting for the staff to help us with the accompaniments. The food is a bit spicy (including Dal) and the signature dish that was available on one of the days was an average fare. The overall stay was very comfortable and pleasant.

Room Tip: The suite that were provided had a massage chair which I felt was a very good touch to the room.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I found a few lapses in response during my booking for the hotel.. was very apprehensive if I had done the right thing to choose this one over Wyndham Grand - whose booking office was quite prompt... (but lure of ITC made me stick to Mughal). However, upon my arrival .. all doubts were settled..My family and I had a lovely experience, the staff was very hospitable. The rooms were neat and done nicely. The F&B manager Shivakant was especially cordial and took good care of our stay... gave us complimentary wine, and juices. Was well appreciated.. infact my mother has asked me to put some good words for the whole hotel.
Apart from that - its a great property to stay on... extensive gardens, very tastefully done... overall... I would definitely recommend it and would love to come back to the same property when am in Agra.

Atlanta , GA
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Good place amongst the ITC hotels.
Very clean, above average service.
Gym - wonderful!! Loved it.

If you stay here - might as well eat here - no good places outside to visit or dine (Except for Taj Mahal)

Room Tip: Avoid any rooms around smoking rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had a fabulous stay at the ITC Mughal last month. The service we received was second to none. An error by our booking agent was sorted out quickly without fuss and we were given a lovely suite. All the staff we met were genuinely friendly and keen to assist. We spent the day around the wonderful pool by the spar, when we asked if there was a hot shower we could use before our evening meal and overnight train. The hotel manager overheard our request and allowed us the use of a room. Which was most welcome and very generous as we didn't leave until ten that night. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family