Me and my wife spend two nights here on our trip to Agra, and here's our thoughts
Three things that I liked a lot with the hotel:
* The architecture. It really does feel luxurous, especially the entrance part.
* The room. The bed was amazing, you could choose your own special pillow, the room is spacious and the bathroom is good.
* The outdoor gardens and the pool area. Lots of green areas to walk around, two nice pool areas to relax in.
Three things that really disturbed me:
* All the extra costs. On tripadvisor you can be fooled to think you have a great price for a 5-star hotel. Well, reconsider. Every little extra thing cost, and it's ridiculously expensive. A 330 ml beer in the bar - 375 rupees, a drink 800 rupees. Using internet 250 rupees pr hour. $25 pr person for breakfast is nothing but a robbery in India. The indian restaurant was great - but three times as expesive as Pinch of Spice, which is right opposite the street and serves almost as good food. They also automatically gave us a guide we didn't really want hanging around us for two days. I totally understand that it will be more expensive in a hotel than on the streets - but three time the price? Just not worth it.
* The payment of the staff. They are all on lousy salaries - i asked two of them and they both confirmed what I thought - the hotel is underpaying, making them live only on the tip. All together they probably earn good money but that leads to that every single guy in the hotel expect tip, preferably all the time - quite annoying.
* The 5-star wannabe service. They really want to be five-star. It's yes, sir, welcome, sir and how are you, sir all the way. People stand in line when you enter. Still they don't manage. Things seems uncoordinated and unplanned. Just to give one example - the check-in. We enter the entrance. We are welcomed by our "guide" that's going to help us check in. While talking to him we are met by a receptionist that welcomes us and brings us the two meters to the desk. There two other people are taking our passports checking us in while discussing with the receptionist. While waiting a 5th person is almost startling us knocking on our back serving some kind of juice while a 6th person come and ask to take our bags.None of them seems to have any coordination with the other and it all ends up messy. The same thing happened in the spa, where lots of people where running around, while none seemed to have spoken to the other.
All together this is a hotel that probably fits best for business people. I would probably choose another place next time, but given that things like the three things mentioned above doesn't bother you, it's well worth a visit.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Prestigia, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your ITC Mughal, Agra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Itc Mughal, Agra Hotel Agra
- Itc Mughal Hotel Agra
- Sheraton Agra
- Agra Itc Mughal Hotel