“excellent hotel with excellent view” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of ITC Mughal, Agra

ITC Mughal, Agra
Ranked #12 of 146 Hotels in Agra
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“excellent hotel with excellent view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights..very nicely decorated spacious rooms with a clean and artistic washroom..each and everything perfctly placed...very nice view..nice lobby and swimming pool.. food was extremely good and with lots of variety..very attentive and friendly staff..in one word, its a perfect place to stay in agra.. i will definitely stay again if i come to agra...though i was on trip with friends then also i recommend this hotel for all categories..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lalbahadur
ITCMUGHAL, General Manager at ITC Mughal, Agra, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out some of your precious time and posting your feedback on tripadvisor.

It is our pleasure to know that the service provided to you were appreciated and also that we could make your stay a memorable and wonderful experience.

Sanjay Sharma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

The reception and open areas are superb. Our room by contrast did not match up. It was tired and threadbare in places and what would have been a fairly dreary view of a courtyard was further spoilt by being totally obscured by construction screens giving us no view at all!
That said, we thankfully did not stay in the room for any length of time, but enjoyed the observation tower, eventually looking out on to the Taj Mahal, smog willing. Beware of mosquitoes/gnats at dusk - they are lethal!
We enjoyed the snacks in the bar but breakfast and light meals in the Taj Bano restaurant were less than fullfilling.
The grounds are wonderful and a lovely escape from the very crowded city. Sadly we had little time to enjoy the swimming pool, but it looked fabulous.
With a little effort the rooms could be made to match the terrific service we received from all the staff.

Room Tip: Avoid the observation tower at dusk and ask for an outside facing room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

the first look of the hotel gives you that wow feeling , the lobby etc is very nice and beautiful but as soon as you reach your room thats where the real story begins. i had done my bookings through yatra for 3 rooms , ( mughal chambers) . i was travelling with my wife and kids ( 7 and 1 ) on entering the room we found that the room was not clean , the lamp shades were torn , however i humbly requested at the lobby reception to check for the same , got it cleaned ( which i really do not expect from a luxury hotel- as claimed by itc). later part of the day i found that my locker was not open, again a call to lobby reception , then the AC wasent working ( i was blammed for that as the maintenance person informed that it was not kept at the cooling side ( hello i had not even touched the same and some one really needs to tell you about the room and facilities)
my toilet door did not lock - ha ha ha
also i observed lot of discrimination in the hotel - any foreigner who arrives is greeted very well , escorted well and well informed about the hotel but for your bad luck if you are an indian like me your doomed , no one will tell where things are , i did not know where i was supposed to come for my complimentory break fast. it was like i had not paid itc and was staying for free .
the restaurant experience was terrible - on arrival on day 1 i had requested for a late check out but after the 2 day experience we wanted to leave itc asap.
i had approached mr vineet duty manager and told him what i felt and he said i will look into it and wholla no one till now has called me , all i was expecting was a courtesy call from the manager, the food was so terrible at the buffet place at pavillion i cannot describe.
also due to holi they did not have any staff ............... but then i took a break on holi ........it is unreasonable to give a lame excuse that we do not have staff when we very well know that our hotel is running full ....................
both my daughters fell sick , my sister and wife as well ,
i wasted my time and money on itc ,
it was indeed my most disappointing holiday in my life and i would never want to visit this hotel in my life( and will make sure that anybody known to me also goes there )
you must feel lucky to be running full

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

At the outset, I would like to take this opportunity to thank-you for
choosing to stay at ITC Mughal – A Luxury Collection Hotel, Agra.

I have taken cognizance of your concern with regard to your overall
experience and without meaning to offer any excuses, sincerely apologize
for the dissonance faced. It is indeed our responsibility to ensure that
all our guests get the best service and attention and it is disappointing
to know that your experience was to the contrary. Please be assured that
necessary administrative action has been initiated by incorporating
measures to prevent reoccurrence of the same in future.

We sincerely hope that you will treat this as a one off incident and
provide us with another opportunity to restore your confidence in ITC
Mughal.

Assuring you our best services and looking forward to the pleasure of
welcoming you back to ITC Mughal, where we will make every effort to ensure
that you have a pleasant stay.

Sincerely yours,

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

1 little cup of masala tea cost 238IRP, food and breakfast feels like feeding animals.
Place itself is very chilli, aircondition difficult to control
Maintenance and cleaning people need to be trained...
A tourist is a running ATM in agra and there is no way out...

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank ChrisTravelling13
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

At the outset, I would like to take this opportunity to thank-you for
choosing to stay at ITC Mughal – A Luxury Collection Hotel, Agra.

I have taken cognizance of your concern with regard to your overall
experience and without meaning to offer any excuses, sincerely apologize
for the dissonance faced. It is indeed our responsibility to ensure that
all our guests get the best service and attention and it is disappointing
to know that your experience was to the contrary. Please be assured that
necessary administrative action has been initiated by incorporating
measures to prevent reoccurrence of the same in future.

We sincerely hope that you will treat this as a one off incident and
provide us with another opportunity to restore your confidence in ITC
Mughal.

Assuring you our best services and looking forward to the pleasure of
welcoming you back to ITC Mughal, where we will make every effort to ensure
that you have a pleasant stay.

Sincerely yours,

Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Very quiet hotel with a great view of the Taj Mahal up in the viewing tower. Although the water was extremely cold and I didn't go swimming, the pool areas were beautiful. I did yoga one morning right after the sunrise and I had an excellent Aruyveda massage at the spa. The BBQ restaurant was delicious, a must when staying at this hotel. Staff was very attentive and friendly. Also, right across the street from the hotel is a tuk tuk driver named Krishna. He was very friendly and drove us around one night to go shopping. He will also take you to the Baby Taj or anywhere you want to go. Very honest and nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ITCMUGHAL, General Manager at ITC Mughal, Agra, responded to this review, April 3, 2013

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Spent one night at this hotel in early Mar. 2013 to visit Taj. Booked on hotels.com and as soon as I checked in I was told I was selected for an upgrade to a suite and was whisked away to a special desk where I was checked in (very early also - like 9am because we took the 6am train in from Delhi). I thought there was a catch (like a timeshare presentation) and asked why we got upgraded and the gal checking me in look confused and said "do you not like upgrades?" Well of course I do! I have 3 year old twin boys and the extra room was VERY appreciated. The suite was lovely - huge king bed, incredible shower and separate bath. Water and coffee/tea was left in the room, as well as apples and chocolates. Then when we were off to see the Taj I saw a man in the lobby in a suit that looked like a Manager and my boys ran up to him to say "hi" and I asked if he was the Manager, which he was. I regret not catching his name because he was so incredibly nice. He saw my boys with a bag of candy that the receptionists had given them and then he sent one of the staff out to get them boxes of chocolate! While we were waiting for MORE candy I asked if we could have a late check-out the next day and he said "for these boys you can stay as late as you want"! It was so nice. So they got these gorgeous Indian designed boxes full of chocolates and a 6pm check-out (with a 9am check-in)! When we went to check out the next day at 4pm they asked us if everything was ok since we were leaving early - ha! The grounds are beautiful and there are two pools. The pools were not heated so the water was very cold. The outside temp was probably 85F but the pools were too cold for the kids - but I enjoyed sitting next to them with a book and relaxing. We had dinner in the restaurant on the bottom floor (can't recall name) and the service was a little on the slow side but the food and wine was great. It was expensive but typical hotel prices. It was just a great 36 hours and couldn't recommend the hotel enough. The staff was just top notch!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Enchanting hotel with a brick finish, we'll maintained gardens with multiple fountains. The kebabs and tandoori food was excellent. Rooms were very comfortable . Overall great experience. A small settee at ground level added an interesting facet to the room , The only thing I had a problem was availability of plug points for charging cell phones and laptops .

Room Tip: I had a room facing the gardens which was great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business