ITC Mughal, Agra
$22
$33
$28
4,494 results
All reviewstaj banomughal suitemassage chairkaya kalp spapeshwari restaurantbuffet restaurantupgraded to a suitebeautiful hotelspecial thanksan upgradeduty managerfront officecoffee shopgreat hospitalityan oasisindian foodcourteous staff
Reviewed March 30, 2008

Very pleased with this choice! Of course, if money were no object, I would have chosen the Oberoi, but at $125 USD per night rather than $700, I cannot compliment them enough. It's a standard chain hotel, with huge chandelier in the lobby, several shops, astrologer (interesting!), and four restaurants. One restaurant is buffet (breakfast was included with our rate, but upon check-out, was charged separately, leading us to believe that if we hadn't eaten, the charge would have been deducted), one was Oriental/Chinese, one was continental and had both indoor and outdoor (near the pool) seating, and the high-end choice called Peshawri (very spicy food, typically eaten with ones hands, but a novel option that I would recommend). There's also a nice lobby bar (chips and nuts are complimentary with drink orders). The rooms were a nice size, with a sitting area; bathrooms provided all the amenities one could want (e.g., toiletries, hairdryers, robes, slippers). Nice pool, but they could use a few more sun lounger chairs. There are lots of fountains around the pool, and some ponds/water features upon entering the hotel. The doormen/taxi callers provided excellent service, and dressed traditionally (be sure to take a photo of their moustaches). A supposedly world-class spa is set to open here soon. It is possible to view the Taj Mahal from the viewing platform at the hotel. It would be an excellent view, except for the ever-present smoke/smog/haze (it was better visible in my digital photos than in person). The travel desk, International Leisure Travel, arranged two half-day tours for us, and also met us on arrival at the Agra Cantt train station and dropped us off at the Agra airport (very small, recently re-opened--I think-with just Kingfisher and Indian Air flying from there). The two tours and transfers totaled about $100 US, which I thought was a great bargain. One day, we traveled to Fatehpur Sikri (tour given by an English-speaking guide), and the other day we visited the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort (again, with an English-speaking guide). The hawkers in Fatehpur Sikri were the worst I've ever seen, making it difficult to walk without being forced to look at postcards and snow globes. Agra was slightly better; unfortunately the guides did not help the situation much. (On other trips, having a private guide has seemed to discourage this type of nuisance.) The hotel willingly changed money for us, but there was no ATM machine that we saw anywhere nearby. The reviews of the hotel aren't all that glowing, but I can't really list any complaint. Someone questioned the hotel receiving the Agha Khan award for architecture, but when I learned of the qualifications of this award, it is deserved (buildings arranged around a center courtyard with water elements, foliage, etc.). I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, and pocket the extra money.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2008

Just returned from a trip to India which included a weekend in Agra and a one night stay at the Mughal, part of Starwood's Luxury Collection. Overall, this is a beautiful hotel and I was very pleased with my room. The rates were very competitive. The location is very close to the sites in Agra, but the hotel is set back a bit from the hustle and bustle and has a relaxing atmosphere. However, the service was fairly slow throughout. Check in and Check out took close to 10 minutes each and both times we were asked to have a seat and wait while they did whatever they did to complete their work. Lunch in the restaurant was also very slow: getting seated, getting service, getting the bill.
The service at the other hotels I stayed in India was all superlative and that's part of the reason I found it dissapointing here. If and when I go back to Agra I would stay here again, but this hotel was not up to the standard of other properties I visited in India or other Luxury Collection properties.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Edf1020
Reviewed March 11, 2008

If you're considering going to India then I would assume that you're OK with how filthy the northern part of the country is. So you're probably going to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. It's impressive but I would see Machu Picchu or the Pyramids before seeing this one! Anyway, you've decided so here's my review of the Sheraton in Agra.

The Sheraton in Agra, India is not directly owned by the chain but by a frachisee. Well, this will be apparent to you the moment you walk in, everything is clean but dated (not quite up to the Sheraton standards that you're used to)! The service was attentive enough but there are several problems with the hotel that you need to be aware of. First, they don't separate the smoking and non-smoking floors. If you're a non-smoker, well you're out of luck because there's smoke in the hallways and some coming in through the vents. Second, the hotel may have some septic tank issues because our bathroom smelled like a raw sewer. They asked us if we wanted to change rooms but we were unwilling because they had already changed our room initially due to loud noise next door. Third, I saw a cockroach in the lobby. I didn't mention anything to the staff because, frankly, northern India just beat me up so badly with the pollution and filthiness that I had no energy left!!! Fourth, the food in their restaurants was horrible but the guests eat there because the staff is trained to scare us into thinking they'll get sick otherwise. I say NOT if you choose the right places! So choose well and enjoy your meal. My suggestion: go have lunch or dinner at the Oberoi Amarvilas at least one day!

Good luck on your trip and for your health's sake - DON"T go to the filthiest place on the planet, Varanasi India!!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 2, 2008

We stayed for two nights over Christmas and really enjoyed the hotel. Our toddler had a great time running around the very child-friendly gardens, and the staff was especially helpful and welcoming for children.

The lobby was rather cavernous and the spa was very much in need of the planned renovation, but the room was spacious and spotless. The breakfast buffet was expansive and tasty (Western and Indian dishes, plenty of fresh fruit and healthy options) and the Peshawari restaurant with its open kitchen was really a treat.

Overall highly recommended for a nice retreat in a hectic city.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2008

I was a little disappointed with the Mughal Sheraton. Perhaps its "Luxury Collection" status led me to expect something better. By all means it is a perfectly adequate hotel but not "Luxury" and definately nothing to get excited about . It doesn't come close to the grandieur of Amarvilas but then it is a lot cheaper and you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple