“Exceptional personal service for a big hotel chain.”
Review of ITC Mughal, Agra

ITC Mughal, Agra
Ranked #13 of 142 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed November 15, 2012

ITC must be congratulated for excellent customer service. I had difficulty booking my train ticket from outside of India beause it required an Indian mobile number. I called the ITC and explained my problem and the gentleman went out of his way to help me by offering to follow-up his end. My first impressions were excellent and I hadn't even left home.

After arrival, I was pleasantly surprised to find a beautiful hotel room, very spacious lobby, a roof top which overlooks the Taj, very nice hotel grounds and 2 nicely designed swimming pools.

One the evening, we ate the Burkhara Restaurant at the hotel. This was easily the BEST meal we had on this 2 week journey and best Indian meal ever had.

I had a little bit of a sore throat one evening so ordered an off-the-menu hot drink at the hotel bar. The gentleman made the drink exactly as I had described and even didn't charge me for it because it was for a sore throat and wished that I'd get better soon.

The beautiful hotel, excellent location and exceptional personal service is a winning formula which should be made a shining example of the best for all hotels around the world.

Room Tip: It seemed like half of the hotel was under refurbishment. We didn't have any noise and slept in...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NextStopTheMoon
ITCMUGHAL, General Manager at ITC Mughal, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having stayed at ITC Mughal - A Luxury Collection Hotel and for posting your comments on Trip Advisor.

Thank You for appraising the hotel for its service and staff. We at ITC Hotels believe that the Guest is God and we try to go all out in helping them in best possible way.
Staff at the Front Desk, Bar and Peshawri is highly motivated with your positive comments

Assuring our best services and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to ITC Mughal - A Luxury Collection Hotel, Agra.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The 4 of us drove directly from Delhi airport to the Mughal. We checked into suite 554. Suite 554 had a day bed in the living room which we used instead of a roll-away for our 8 year old. There was a large seat by the bay window which the staff made up for our 4 year old. The hotel was a great way to overcome our jet lag after a long international flight - tea and hot chocolate were available at odd hours, the beds were comfortable.
What else - the chole bhature at breakfast was the best we had in a long time. The kids loved the wide range of cereals and baked goods at breakfast. They loved the biryani at Peshawri too. The Kaya Kalp spa is beautiful, the services were top class. The property has beautiful trees. We wish we had spent more time there.
The only negative was the hotel's travel service - our car rental experience was less than satisfactory. They were not too knowledgeable in terms of tickets for attractions either. For the high price we paid, we expected a much higher level of service. If you have to rent a car or need an airport pick-up, avoid going through the hotel.

Room Tip: Suite 554 is renovated. We saw a couple of rooms in the heritage wing too - these were more beautifu...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
ITCMUGHAL, General Manager at ITC Mughal, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

Thank You for appraising the hotel.It is delight to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. Staff here at ITC Mughal is highly motivated with your comments.
I would love to welcome you back to the hotel to enjoy some more Chola bhaturas and Biryani.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

ITC Mughal,Agra is one of the most complete hotels in India. The breakfast is suburb with many choices. The Peshawri restaurant has fabulous selections one being the grilled lamb and and the dal. But the best thing there was their spa second to none and highly recommended. Plus the service was excellent.

Room Tip: Be next to the spa
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
ITCMUGHAL, General Manager at ITC Mughal, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

Thank You for appraising the hotel for ITC Mughal,Agra as one of the most complete hotels in India.Also we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your meal at our Indian restaurant-Peshawri.Staff at Kaya Kalp-The Royal Spa is highly motivated with your positive and inspiring comments.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We booked this hotel online based on the description and reviews. This is apparently the best hotel in Agra, physically I agree, service wise, not bad.... I gather that there isn't much competition in Agra.

On first glance the hotel grounds are well kept and actually quite beautiful. This gives way to a stunning marble entrance / great room outfitted with antique style furnishings and decorations. The main desk staff and porters are very helpful and attentive, check in was smooth and problem free. The room was very spacious, carrying on the tasteful "antique" theme, the furnishings are well cared for and exude a graceful elegance. I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel offered to launder 4 articles of clothing at no additional charge, I took them up on the offer and my clothes were returned clean and fresh. The water in may parts of India is a bit "questionable" and this property is no exception. Upon drawing a bath I was greeted with a murky tea colored brew of "fresh" water, my only concern is that typically a hotel in this price (and star) bracket should have a complete filtration/purification system in place. Remember bottled water is your best friend.

On my way to the pool, along hallways lined with beautiful white marble, there is an understated elegance and subtle beauty that only a building hand crafted by true artisans can exude. The pool is pleasant, and well kept. This is where the service portion of my experience began to suffer. Our young waiter had an air of indifference, the towel attendant could scarce be bothered to tear his attention away from the conversation he was having with our waiter.

The property houses two full service restaurants, one dedicated traditional Indian fare, and one "Multi-cuisine". My traveling companions chose the latter, the service was decent even bordering on overbearing, however the quality of the food was lacking (quite possibly the most disappointing meal we had in India).

All in - this is a nice hotel with everything required to be a great hotel. All it needs is a little brush up on maintenance, a bit more training for the service staff and someone to take charge of the kitchen.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

Thank You for appraising the hotel for its deign and architecture.
Also your concern regarding service and staff has been taken up and strict administrative action is being taken on the same.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

very good hotel, but expensive and without free wi fi.
but! tasty food, clean and nice rooms, pool and very friendly staff, nice park around the hotel with beautiful nature and animal life.
not far away from the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

Thank You for appraising the hotel for its service and staff. We at ITC Hotels are deeply associated with nature, "Responsible Luxury" is our motto.
Staff is highly motivated with your comments.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Very nice hotel and great facilities like spa and swimming pool area.

Friendly and service minded staff.

Rooms are spacious and clean.

The Peswasri restaurant is good and food tasty ! Must eat with your fingers are must fun.

Room Tip: Executive floor have nice rooms
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

Thank You for appraising the hotel for its service and staff. Staff is highly motivated with your comments.
Peshawri is always a delight for the guests and indeed it is a must to to have the food there with your hands.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

It's a good hotel, but with some details that put it far from excellence. If you want to have breakfast around 07:00, you must walk away to another building inside the precinct and having a lower selection buffet. Main breakfast restaurant opened later. It looks a nonsense, but I can imagine that there will be a reason for that. Keep in mind always that there are two pools in the hotel, the inner yard and the outer yard. We didn't know and when we went to the inner one, and we saw it was closed; therefore we asked an employee why it was closed. He told us that it was closed because of the time, 18:30 or alike, but he didn't bother to tell us that the outer one was opened (and that existed). Bad detail for a 5 star hotel. You can have a very far sight of Taj Mahal from a kind of tower, but don't expect a superb one; it's too far and with too many houses in between, ruining the view.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Greetings from the city of the Taj!

Thank You for commenting that its a good hotel.I extend heartfelt apologies for you not being told that there is another pool in the hotel, secondly the breakfast location is a temporary one and we are soon coming up with a new complete buffet restaurant.

I assure that your next stay wit ITC Mughal will be a superlative experience and I look forward to welcoming you back.