3,174 results
All reviewskids clubhead chefmagic showlovely hotelan oasislovely poolexecutive chefswimming poolgolden trianglestayed longerrestaurant staffdinner buffetmemorable stayred fortindian foodspecial thankscourteous staff
Reviewed December 17, 2010

I think the hotel is listed as a 4 or 5 star. Only the lobby and restaurant fall in that class as the balance of the hotel has not been renovated and is tired. There were some ants in my room, the shower is a bizarre setup that lent itself to water spilling everywhere, and the decor is 20yrs out of date. On the plus side the buffet breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2011

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your valued feedback.

We have noted your comments about the room and the shower area and will look to improve on them. It is our constant endevour to offer our guests excellent quality and value for their money.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 14, 2010

We got a very good rate through Trident website which made this hotel excellent value for money at a very good location. Friendly and informative staff. Don't use the hotel taxi service as it is expensive, use rickshaws. Local restaurant - Punch of Spice - great food and pickles!! Swimming pool very inviting after visiting the attractions.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your kind comments.

I am happy to know that my team looked after you well during your stay. We have noted your comment about the prices of the hotel taxi's. Our endevour is to always provide value for money to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to India.

Reviewed December 13, 2010

An oasis after rough roads, throat parching smells and heart breaking beggars. The sharp contrast of fresh air and clean comfort provided by the Trident added to the fantasy of Taj Mahal visual beauty. Safe, the best breakfast, good shower, pretty pool and garden. Charges for wifi.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2010

Dear TripAdvisor,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your kind comments.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed the hotel and its services.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to India.

Reviewed December 12, 2010

Quiet, calm, upmarket hotel at reasonable value in an expensive location for top end hotels. Hotel is very close to Taj Mahal for sunrise visits and times breakfast to allow for these. Very helpful with advice and excellent service. In an area where everyone has their hand out for a tip and tourists are hassled everywhere, they have a very welcome policy of banning individual tips and soliciting for them. Breakfast and dinner buffets are excellent quality with plenty of continental choices and helpful staff with chefs always at stations for description and advice. Rooms very comfortable and quiet with all facilities you would expect at this grade. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your kind comments.

We are often reffered to as an oasis or santuary in the city of Agra by our guests and we like to keep it that way. I am happy to know my team looked after you well and the Chef is pleased that you enjoyed the food in the restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 10, 2010

I just stayed there for one night. I booked it because I would like to treat myself better in a 5-star hotel after lots of travelling before leaving India. The location was not very good, it was almost in the outskirt of the city. The staff was fine but it tooked a bit long to check in. The most disappointing part was the small room I got. I asked for a twin bed room and it was smaller than the one I stayed in a 3-star hotel in Delhi. There was no bottled water provided and , the TV was not a flat screen, not toothbrush and toothpaste provided and the beds were small. It was just not like a 5-star hotel room, the best I can rate is probably 4 star. It could look nice in the garden and the pool, but not the hotel room.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends