“Excellent choice when visiting the Taj Mahal.”
Review of Trident, Agra

Trident, Agra
Ranked #3 of 147 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed August 16, 2010

The staff was excellent as the level of service I received was what you'd expect at any luxury hotel. The public areas and restaurant were modern and the Trident, Agra made an already great trip to the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort even more enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2010

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your kind comments.

I am happy to know that my team looked after you well.

We lookforward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Agra.

Vishal Bharti

Write a ReviewReviews (2,926)

Reviewed August 13, 2010

The hotel is luxurious but the rooms have old fitting.....but the service is good....food is good....staff is efficient...worth the money...

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drrishijain
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2010

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your kind comments.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found our products and services to be value for your money.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Agra.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

We chose the Trident after it was recommended by family members in India. I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness, the lovely decor, the service, the comfortable rooms (lovely bedding! very clean and super comfortable!). Families with teenagers should be forewarned that there is a company policy that "officially" does not allow an extra bed if a child is over 12. We were a party of five (the youngest 14) and I had to make a fuss to get an extra bed (at considerable extra cost) rather than getting a third room. The manager (not a particularly nice guy--a bit smug) claimed that the rooms were too small for an extra bed which was not true AT ALL! The rooms were good sized and the bed fit easily. In the end, the kindness of the rest of the staff and the overall positive experience made up for that little annoyance. I'd definitely stay there again. This is clearly a hotel that understands service and is working hard to give its customers excellent service.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I was in Agra for only one reason, to see the Taj. I was very happy when I walked in the see the nice lobby and was greeted by staff who took care of my checkin whilst giving me a refreshing drink.

Once escorted to my NON SMOKING room, I immediately knew the room smelled of smoke and I advised the staff upon entering the room. After a few minutes in the room I called the front desk to be moved to another room that hopefully would not smell of smoke. After waiting nearly 15 minutes, I decided to walk down to the front desk myself to find porter to move me. Finally, someone came and moved me to a new non smoking room. There was nothing special about the room, but my dinner and breakfast were among the best during my 2 weeks of travels. The restaurant seemed to cater more to western style food and I could even enjoy a drink with ice in it!

I also took a swim in the pool which was nice and really large.

Except for the smell of the first room, it was worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2010

Dear TripAdvisor member,

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review of our hotel.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by the smoke smell in your first room. The hotel is mainly non-smoking with just 15 out of the 137 rooms being smoking rooms.

Thank you for your kind comments about the food in the restaurant. Our chef will be happy to know that you enjoyed your meals in the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Agra.

Reviewed August 8, 2010

Much better than we thought taking into account what we'd paid for it. Much cheaper for what it offers than any other hotel we found in India. Good rooms, very nice staff and good location.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review of our hotel and your kind comments.

I am happy to know that you found our hotel value for your money.

We at the Trident strive to offer our guests first class products and services at affordable prices.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Agra.

Reviewed August 4, 2010

trident hotel in agra is beautifully modern built hotel ..within the city .. A 5 star hotel with 5 star amenities...the stay at trident was definately worth it..

Entrance was beauituflly done with a big lobby from where the swimming pool could be seen on outside..and we were provided with beachballs and tubes fo safety of children.

They had restaurant and bar,poolside service ,and a coffee shop!!

A must eat @ restaurant is - chocolate pie.. its simply awesome ..!!

the hotel had everything from a beauty salon to car rentals facilities to baby sitting facilities to gift shop ..just name it .and they already had it ..!!

as we checked out of the hotel ..my teenage children were given a set of colorbook with pen.

the rooms were not massive enough ..but to compensate they were very clean , beautiful ... The room service and everything a to z was spectacular!!

since we did not carry the camera we dont have the photos ..so i am posting a one taken from internet!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2010

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your kind comment about our hotel and especially about the restaurant and food.

I am happy to know that your family and you had an enjoyable time here with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

Amazing service....the Hotel is best,,, i went with my spouse and the service they gave us was amazing..The staff was Polite and always ready to help you...The rooms were clean ,spacious, hygenic...and comfortable.The food was very tasty...The hotel is very near to Taj Mahal....

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple