“A restful break from the magnificant Taj Mahal”
Review of Trident, Agra

Trident, Agra
Ranked #3 of 147 Hotels in Agra
Reviewed March 9, 2010

A beautiful oasis in a very dry and dusty and overly touristy town. The welcome, the pool, the rooms, the service, the restaurant all brilliant. A good location for getting to the Taj Mahal easily although the streets around are not made for walking.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,971)

Reviewed March 8, 2010

I agree with most of the reviews below....It's an okay hotel. Nothing special, and it is a little dated. But it is clean and the pool area is nice to relax by after a busy day sight seeing, so I can't really complain.

It is a little far out of Agra and there certainly isn't anything around the hotel to go see, so once you are back for the night there isn't much to do, but relax. We were a little bored so ended up having dinner at the hotel's buffet but the drinks at the bar were very expensive (about £10 a drink) so we passed. I was very ill the next day, which could have been food poisoning from the buffet, or it could have been something I ate at lunch - you never know in India!

If it is within your budget then I would recommend this hotel, but I wouldn't expect anything special.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2010

The Trident is in a great location for visiting the Taj, go before 9.00 a.m. to avoid the queues! The rooms are a good size but smell of disinfectant. Service in this hotel was very poor however especially in the bar and restaurant with food over-priced and not great quality. The pool was nice but for what you pay, a disappointing experience.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2010

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Greetings from Trident Agra!

Thank you for the feedback about the service in the bar and restaurant and the quality of rooms.

It is our constant endevour to improve our product and services to exceed our guests expectations.

I will share your comments with my team and take it upon ourselves to improve on the points you have mentioned.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the not to distant future.

Warm Regards,

Vishal Bharti

Reviewed March 4, 2010

My friend and I have just returned from a Taj tour with Kuoni, and after leaving Delhi this was our next stop.... such a better hotel than in Delhi. Great staff, clean bedrooms, super swimming pool, good food and overlooking the lake. We really enjoyed our two nights here.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2010

On this visit to India I stayed in 2 Trident Hotels and both tried to overcharge me. I hate at checkout to have to discuss about the total.

At checkout I had to produce a copy of my e-mail confirmation which had the total price showed the price and they then made a copy of it and eventually agreed that the price on the reservation is what I would be charged.

I had made the reservation on line directly with the hotel so no one else was involved. Almost exactly the same thing happened to me at the Trident in Mumbai, but then it was worse because we were on our way to the airport.

I believe that the chain is dishonest and has a policy of overcharging.

They may be a have nice properties but I recommend avoiding this hotel chain.

The restaurant staff were exceptionally friendly and I can thoroughly recommend the restaurant.

We were in Agra at the end of January and it was cold and foggy. Not a good time to visit.

The other recommendation I can make is for Nashir Khan who has his tuk tuk office under a tree opposite the front entrance to the hotel. He has his prices for the different sites painted on the tree - although of course you can still negotiate. He also arranged a taxi for us from Agra to Delhi, at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Alistair_MacDonald
Reviewed February 8, 2010

We stayed a couple of nights and were happy with the room, the bar was excellent and the restaurant had lots of choice. My husband wasn't feeling well and didn't eat most of his meal (nothing to do with this hotel I might add) and the whole meal was deducted from the bill, also if we didn't have a full breakfast it wasn't charged to our bill either. Staff were friendly and attentive. An oasis after driving through Agra!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2010

If one digests the fact that Agra is a small city and the Trident is bound to use this Hotel as their training ground for their staff before they are posted hotels in bigger cities then this is as charming and as lovely a smallish hotel can get. Don't get me wrong, the people working here are well mannered, nice and and more than eager to help (I wanted some emergency medicines and they were very prompt in getting them). The location is fantastic and facilities clean. They have a multi cuisine restaurant run by a enthusiastic bunch that serves only buffet on weekends and holidays but I found their Bar very boring. Rooms are quite spacious and ultra clean. They have a pool, business centre Etc.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)