3,266 results
All reviews kids club head chef magic show lovely hotel lovely pool an oasis executive chef swimming pool golden triangle stayed longer restaurant staff breakfast and dinner memorable stay red fort comfortable rooms indian food special thanks
Reviewed March 8, 2010

I agree with most of the reviews below....It's an okay hotel. Nothing special, and it is a little dated. But it is clean and the pool area is nice to relax by after a busy day sight seeing, so I can't really complain.

It is a little far out of Agra and there certainly isn't anything around the hotel to go see, so once you are back for the night there isn't much to do, but relax. We were a little bored so ended up having dinner at the hotel's buffet but the drinks at the bar were very expensive (about £10 a drink) so we passed. I was very ill the next day, which could have been food poisoning from the buffet, or it could have been something I ate at lunch - you never know in India!

If it is within your budget then I would recommend this hotel, but I wouldn't expect anything special.

Date of stay: November 2009
Reviewed March 4, 2010

The Trident is in a great location for visiting the Taj, go before 9.00 a.m. to avoid the queues! The rooms are a good size but smell of disinfectant. Service in this hotel was very poor however especially in the bar and restaurant with food over-priced and not great quality. The pool was nice but for what you pay, a disappointing experience.

Date of stay: February 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2010

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Greetings from Trident Agra!

Thank you for the feedback about the service in the bar and restaurant and the quality of rooms.

It is our constant endevour to improve our product and services to exceed our guests expectations.

I will share your comments with my team and take it upon ourselves to improve on the points you have mentioned.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the not to distant future.

Warm Regards,

Vishal Bharti

Reviewed March 4, 2010

My friend and I have just returned from a Taj tour with Kuoni, and after leaving Delhi this was our next stop.... such a better hotel than in Delhi. Great staff, clean bedrooms, super swimming pool, good food and overlooking the lake. We really enjoyed our two nights here.

Date of stay: February 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2010

On this visit to India I stayed in 2 Trident Hotels and both tried to overcharge me. I hate at checkout to have to discuss about the total.

At checkout I had to produce a copy of my e-mail confirmation which had the total price showed the price and they then made a copy of it and eventually agreed that the price on the reservation is what I would be charged.

I had made the reservation on line directly with the hotel so no one else was involved. Almost exactly the same thing happened to me at the Trident in Mumbai, but then it was worse because we were on our way to the airport.

I believe that the chain is dishonest and has a policy of overcharging.

They may be a have nice properties but I recommend avoiding this hotel chain.

The restaurant staff were exceptionally friendly and I can thoroughly recommend the restaurant.

We were in Agra at the end of January and it was cold and foggy. Not a good time to visit.

The other recommendation I can make is for Nashir Khan who has his tuk tuk office under a tree opposite the front entrance to the hotel. He has his prices for the different sites painted on the tree - although of course you can still negotiate. He also arranged a taxi for us from Agra to Delhi, at a very reasonable price.

Date of stay: January 2010
6  Thank Alistair M
Reviewed February 8, 2010

We stayed a couple of nights and were happy with the room, the bar was excellent and the restaurant had lots of choice. My husband wasn't feeling well and didn't eat most of his meal (nothing to do with this hotel I might add) and the whole meal was deducted from the bill, also if we didn't have a full breakfast it wasn't charged to our bill either. Staff were friendly and attentive. An oasis after driving through Agra!

Date of stay: January 2010